Sign in to follow this  
joemoemino

ofp game trailer

i watched one of the trailers for ofp today and the trailer was alot different looking than the game. the soldiers ran differently, the muzzle flashes looked cooler and werent white, the m16/m203 had that grenade sight and a few other things. i was wondering what happened between the time that the trailer was made and the time when ofp was released...

I just saw the Final Trailer. Where is the First Trailer? BTW the Final Trailer looks freaking awsome! wow_o.gif And in the final trailer the units look much better and some other improvements. Like the water, looks different.

I don't think that's the first. That's the final. smile_o.gif Same one I saw. The units look totally different tho. When was this trailer updated?

Wow. The voice acting sounds a lot cooler-no offense, the one we got in the final campaign was kinda cheesy...was it just me, or during the end was there a soldier cursing the "s word" 3 times in a row...

the running anim looks pretty good, but did you see the walking anim? Guys looked like the had weights in their boots.

other than that tho, besides some sound effects it really doesn't look much different from the current game. Just one thing I noticed is that comp got really high framerates compared to waht I get wow_o.gif

Ahh, Im wrong this is not the first I saw. I am going to watch this one. The one I saw had the same filename.

Quote[/b] ]Just one thing I noticed is that comp got really high framerates compared to waht I get

How do you Know this? rock.gif

Hmmm, one more thing-anyone else see that cool shake effect in the helicopter? Even when he got out the propwash made the camera shake. That was really cool wow_o.gif

I don't think their is a shake effect. But they added a engine startup sound for the jeep. Why does it say "Flashpoint 1985:Status Quo" at the end? Did I miss something?

didnt you notice the sight deal on the m203 or the cobra camo? and about the guy saying the s word 3 times in a row i read somewhere in a preview in like 2001 that when you get hit your guy cursed thats why theres that bmp with the sweet looking muzzle flash. and about the status quo thing, i watched the units videos and they all say that in the begining. i also heard before that ofp was going to just be called "Flash Point" and you were fighting during ww3 after everything was blasted on 3 islands called abel cain and eden. and some company called... somethine i dont remember was going to publish it then they got owned and bis got codemasters to publish it. and it was originally suppossed to come out in june 99. look for the preview on ign. its here

http://pc.ign.com/articles/135/135449p1.html

ah yess the company called i-magic was going to publish it.

Flash Point takes place in the mid-1980s, before the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of Communism in the Soviet Union. The 80s was an era of tension between the NATO and WARSAW forces and, in the alternate universe of Flash Point, tension flared into a full nuclear exchange between the West and the East. With most of the world's military forces decimated, along with most of earth's population centers, there are only a handful of troops left to wage the remainder of World War III (of course, it doesn't sound like the world is going to be a hospitable place after the war, but what the hey ... you still want to win don't you?). That's where you come in. You'll start Flash Point as a career soldier. You've dedicated your life to combat, programmed to either prevail over the enemy forces or die trying. What a sucker.

The campaign will take place on three separate islands: Cain, Abel, and Eden.

also if you look at flashpoint1985.com the jeep and the cobra look different like the one in the movie.

Thats a really old one... it's an early development video... released to the public a long time ago... check THIS site and scroll down... you'll find all the videos there (don't know if the links still work though).

Edit: or you can check over HERE and use the advanced search to find all the ofp videos.

snap026.jpg

The Id card is interesting. Note the fields in it. I bet that your kill were supposed to be logged in them. Sort of like on the campaign screen.

That warrant is still in \data3d. The links in the old page bounce, but the second one from BlackNight works, although you do have to reg. for Code M. The "Lifeless" music video is a good one.

There's all sorts of stuff that changed between the proof-of concept apps like Rio Grande and Dawn of Flashpoint and the movies and what actually shipped.

<Link removed as per usual, find it the hard way please>

go there the old flash point website. requires username and password.

evil general last name for usernam and his nickname for password.

interesting...

http://poseidon.jrc.cz/

right before it transfers to bistudio.com you can see some of the old units and stuff.

the sounds from the trailer sound alot better than the sounds in ofp

Quote[/b] ]

go there the old flash point website. requires username and password.

evil general last name for usernam and his nickname for password.

interesting...

wow_o.gif How'd you find that?

EDIT: Did you see the expolsion on one of the pictures in the pictures section? wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

EDIT AGAIN: Look at the units and some of the HUD, they changed alot!

Do not post the direct link to the site please.

Do not post the direct link to the site please.

or thou shall be shot blues.gif

if you look at the back of the box and the actual game is completly differnt too. the cobra looks differnt on teh box then in game. and somewhere i saw the most beautiful PBR i had EVER seen. and the one in game. eh not so good crazy_o.gif

my only guess is that was the orginal spec game... and then someone came along and went "yo our 50 billion dollar machines are nice but this game is for people on lower grade computers.. drop some pollys here do somethign with those textures there and make it playable for lowest spec"

when that shilka fires on the tank it play's a uber sound! whoa! wow_o.gif

strange how allot of games totally change their stuff before release, this is in OFP, in Farcry, in Doom III ... really! stop that! mad_o.gif

http://poseidon.jrc.cz/

right before it transfers to bistudio.com you can see some of the old units and stuff.

image:

kolaz.jpgsmile_o.gif

Maybe.....

...because there is a 33 pages long thread about those mysterious pages .

How can you missed it ? wink_o.gif

Not that. I alread knew about it. I was refering to the link he posted. The specific one. I didn't see that one on the site.

you mean http://poseidon.jrc.cz/ ? its in the wallpaper of the flash point game.

and if you wanted to see the other site deal its at

somethingatsomethingelse.com/other.html

figure it out.

and the way those guys run, its like they have back problems or something

they should make a graphics enhancement for ofp. like ofp 1.5 with cooler animations better graphics sounds and effects. its would be pronage

Maybe.....

...because there is a 33 pages long thread about those mysterious pages .

How can you missed it ? wink_o.gif

Not that. I alread knew about it. I was refering to the link he posted. The specific one. I didn't see that one on the site.

That means you have not explored enough the secret BIS website.

The old flashpoint website and some very old videos can be found by following some links from there smile_o.gif

Okay cool this was the first time I noticed why the russians actualy invaded Everon it was because they wanted to "free" the island from God, now all the Crist things makes sence. too bad they left that part out in the end.

STGN

On the anims-IMO, the run anims look good but all others look like they have crap in their pants or something tounge_o.gif