Sign in to follow this  
DanAK47

M14 Pack

Oh very nice, very nice - and you've included my favorite attribute for addon weapons...

It's fecking loud!! biggrin_o.gif

Nice models, nice sounds, no bugs to report yet. Gonna give the missions a try to see if anything crops up, but so far A+ work smile_o.gif

only thing i an suggest to finish them off is touching up the textures abit.

great work on these man i love them wink_o.gif

My heart just stopped when I read "M4 Pack" ! crazy_o.gif

Then I read again . . . puh it's M14, not M4 smile_o.gif

Very nice weapons, and especially an impressive amount of them!

My heart just stopped when I read "M4 Pack" ! crazy_o.gif

Then I read again . . . puh it's M14, not M4 smile_o.gif

Very nice weapons, and especially an impressive amount of them!

rofl! same here!

Very nice rifles. The best M14's so far. And i wouldn call these missions "crappy" biggrin_o.gif

P.S.

First mission doesnt work. sad_o.gif

First mission doesnt work. sad_o.gif

What's wrong with it? 0 and 1 both work fine on my PC..

Thanks for all of the compliments.

Finished finally. [...]

nice work so far, but, they are far from finished..

Working the normals is part of modeling. And it's not the less demanding.

I gave a few hours to polish some normals on one lod (not completely finished the fixing but i wasnt going to finish i have other things to do too) and show some screens :

this is the original m14 model from the pack (red view, shading, no textures)

~m14_unpolished1.jpg

Now after a few hours (yeah yeah, maybe i am slow)

~m14_polished1.jpg

This is without moving a single vertex or changing the geometry (now the models would need some cleaning too : hidden faces, convexity... but well)

another angle :

Original, unpolished normals:

~m14_unpolished2.jpg

same as above with fixed normals:

~m14_polished2.jpg

and another angle of the polished version i made:

~m14_polished3.jpg

In general people don't really notice when normals are wrong, actually they notice that something is wrong but they dont know what. And when the normals are fixed, they notice that the models are better without really knowing what makes the difference.

Up to you to work on that or not, but... would you release a model without textures for instance and say it's finished ?

It's a lot of work, and there's not only one way to polish the normals. it's technical and artistic (each modeler his own normals), it takes practice. Keep up the good work, i hope to see this pack finished one day ;)

Don't know how you changed the normals. I just use the F5/Recalculate normal button. The normals being "backwards" on the scope lenses are intentional.

Well, actually i havent specifically touched the lenses, i dont know how they ended different, maybe because they looked reverse before the normals were recalculated... the rest, i have.

And in O2, normals are mostly about smooth/sharp edges.

Then after, point/face properties, but this is really AFTER. I mean, for instance, i 've seen too many models which used some "always in shadow" property to "hide" some bad normals/faces.

First the model and the normals (hence the shadings) should be good, then when really necessary, use the point/face properties.

Hi Lt. Dan... yar a lucky man, the M14 (M1A in the civil version) sounds very well, it's damn fanzy the effect of the chamber oppening to spit the shell & the M1A Scout... ROXXX.

The only thing that i don't like at all, are the textures; i must open 'em to check how are maped; but i think that i could try to make 'em more detailed. I love the M14. Let's cu.

I think the textures are perfect...

They fit very well with Suchey's weapons

really nice pack. I love the texture on the sight of the reddot.

The silenced sound is just the same as the normal, only less loud. Perhaps this could be changed. For the rest this looks very nice.

Lupus' suggestions are very good. You could give it an other look. Although it is indeed a lot of work to get it right on detailed models.

I messed with the sounds quite a bit and couldn't ever get anything that sounded right. The suppressed sound is indeed a bit different aside from just being more quiet.

I probably will not release another version unless something is really screwwed up.

On that note, is anyone else having problems with the first mission (or anything else)?

Great job on the pack smile_o.gif I love the ironsights and sounds...first time I've seen an animated ironsight. Great pack.

Yes, first mission not loading to me either.