Sign in to follow this  
DanAK47

M14 Pack

First mission as in the range or toybreaker?

Any error message?

Edit: Think I found the problem. If you can depbo/unpbo it, just open the mission.sqm and take danweapons out of the addons part. I'll try and get another version hosted soon.

Edit 2: Try DLing the pack again. I uploaded a new version. Should work.

Kinda sucks that the range mission didn't work.

This puppy is now in the hands of my designated marksman with the USMC. Excellent work

They are really awsome rifles, seem detailed enough for me and the textures are nice and actualy fit with OPF wink_o.gif .

These rifles work good along with Earl's and from what i have tested so far dont lag, my tiny nitpick would be the lack of a custom reload sound.

A must have and permanent adition to my folder, well worth the time waiting, superb work DanAK47, thank you alot smile_o.gif .

- Recoil is WAAAY to high

- AI boys use single rounds too often (instead of firing full-auto, especially when you have M14A2 LSW)

- SD versions are not really "silenced"...

Other than that it's a perfect pack.

- AI boys use single rounds too often (instead of firing full-auto, especially when you have M14A2 LSW)

Recoil is supposed to be high on an M-14. rock.gif

That was part of the reason the US military switched to 5.56, I believe. More controllability in full-auto. Even highly trained soldiers would find it difficult to control an M-14 on full-auto. That's why most kept the rifle on semi-auto a lot of the time in Vietnam.

I like the recoil just the way it is. tounge_o.gif

Fixed, replaced it with Ofp.info's as Blackdog seems to be playing with his server smile_o.gif

its not silenced, its supressed, as in muffled and hiding the muzzle flash...it should sound louder than silenced but i agree, it does sound loud, if this ever get fixed please also reduce\get rid of muzzle flash on supressed version.

all in all this is one hell of a release which is on my All mod folder, the folder i never turn off tounge_o.gif

Dunno what's going on with the server.

Hopefully ofp.info has the updated version of the pack, in which I fixed the first mission. If not you will have to depbo it and take the danWeapons thing out of the addon part of the .sqm.

The recoil is realistically way too low. I had to balance it out to make the M14 useful in the double-tap M16 at 500m world of OFP.

Muzzle flash should have been removed on the suppressed weapons, if I ever release an update (probably won't) they will go..

Thanks,

Dan

on recoil;

can we ever get this right in a game? I don't think so. Recoil in RL is very different from a game. But the fight in RL is also very diferent. In OFP the AI can hit everything, while in the real world this take either a lot of round or a very good aim (which takes a lot of time when in a fight).

Thanks for the wonderful pack! This fills a gap that's existed for too long in OFP.

My only complaint is I now have to update all my missions to add these fine weapons in! smile_o.gif

Outstanding job. I look forward to more addons from you in the future.

Regards,

Kammak

yea ive been meaning to mention that i replaced the M21 with this in my personal customized version of Y2K3. the sound it ok but im not a fan of it. i liked INQ's m14 sound better personal so i left that in. but im usin your new M21 to replace the orginal smile_o.gif

Great stuff!!!

Hope to see more excellent addons coming from you in the future wink_o.gif

Hey, can I do it in some program so that one unit of the resistance is equipped with M14?

You could create an addon with a resistance unit that uses the m14s as a dependency.

It's just a simple config.cpp with a single unit that you equip the M14. Any text editor can do this.

Yes. Use any text editor to create the config and pack that into a pbo. That will be your addon. There's no problem with permissions and all that stuff, as long as you're just using the original PBO as a dependency. Which is not the same as editing them. If you need a little assistance setting it up you can feel free to send me a PM.