Placebo

European Politics Thread.

It's not. It's the typical way of doing polls when it comes to comanies like "Destat" or "Infratest dimap"

Forbidden are other things related to dubious selling stuff.

No I think "Wählautomaten" are actually forbidden. They may call you with people on the other end. I´m not sure though.

No I think "Wählautomaten" are actually forbidden. They may call you with people on the other end. I´m not sure though.

Right, voting machines ("Wählautomaten") are forbidden in Germany, but that's in the context of political elections and has nothing to do with making polls/surveys via telephone.

Right' date=' voting machines ("Wählautomaten") are forbidden in Germany, but that's in the context of political elections and has nothing to do with making polls/surveys via telephone.[/quote']

Wählautomat is also the term for a Random number call machine, not just for a voting machine....

After a bit of searching it indeed seems to be forbidden in Germany. It is only allowed if the called person has agreed to it, and even then such studies are only conducted with people on the other end, not an automated voice service.

Infratest has lists with people who agreed to beeing called for studies but they only question them in dialogue with an employee. So I´m not sure how they did that survey in Germany, were they unaware of German law? I can´t imagine that.

I applaud that those little shits didn´t make it into the mainstream media. Lower chances of immitators.

As to why they didn´t make it:

The "only" disrupted a nativity play for kids, not a church service.

The are still minors and as such they deserve privacy even if they are complete morons. Their identities won´t be revealed by the police. However they will face criminal charges if they are over 14 years old. And the priest had a good talk with their parents, I´m pretty sure they will make those kids realise what a terrible idea that was..

Maybe, however the parents are responsible for the education of their kids, and those children wouldnt get the idea that christians are bad by themselves.

So either the parents didnt pay attention or have directly influenced their children this way.

I agree, kids don´t pick up such stuff by themselves. They either got it from their parents, siblings or friends. I thnk it is good hat the Priest had a talk with the families. Maybe he can make them understand that it doesn´t matter how other people worship and call their god.

Maybe he can make them understand that it doesn´t matter how other people worship and call their god.

for Islamists/Jihadists it is the most important , it is only reason for genocides and mass murders , because for them it is the most important and they want to force their beliefs on us here

for them even it is important what YOU eat (not what they eat),

normal men doesn't care what you want to eat, because your taste is your taste, they not only "care" what you eat, but even care when you eat and when you want to eat other dish , they want to kill you "because their god told so",

there were in past people attacked in several cities by sharia-patrols,

Edited by vilas

Cyber attack on Angela Merkel aide: Report (december 29th, 2014 - DeutscheWelle)

The German chancellor's office has fallen victim to a hacking attack, according to a German newspaper. The Regin malware in question has been linked to British and US spy agencies.

The complex spying malware arrived via a USB stick to the work computer of the unit head in the Department for European Policy, where it was picked up by virus scanning software, according to Monday's edition of the German newspaper Bild.

A virus alert went off and it was detected that the USB stick was infected with the spying software Regin.

According to US news website "The Intercept," which was co-created by Edward Snowden confidant Glenn Greenwald, Regin was deployed to steal information from governments, companies and research institutions. According to them, the British spy agency GCHQ and the United States spy agency NSA were involved in the development of the sophisticated spying software, which is particularly difficult to detect.

http://www.dw.de/cyber-attack-on-angela-merkel-aide-report/a-18155195

edit:

German government denies falling victim to cyber attack

http://www.dw.de/german-government-denies-falling-victim-to-cyber-attack/a-18158951

Edited by oxmox

One of the saddest things in the EU for 2014 is surely the incomprehensible numbers of people (3,500) that have died in the Mediterranean.

This makes the Med easily the most dangerous region for migrants and to put it in perspective the Costa Concordia disaster killed 32 people - less than 1% of that total.

Last night a disaster that seems to fit a movie plot was averted when a freighter carrying 900 people was on autopilot heading for the Italian coast after the traffickers scurried off. Hats off to the Italian navy who stopped it 5 miles off the coast. Apparently the Greeks boarded it earlier after a distress call but seem to have not found anything untoward... which beggars belief...

But it highlights the need for the EU to do more, not less. The Italian's Mare Nostrum mission has ended and the totally inadequate EU Frontex Triton programme has "taken over", but it's extremely limited in scope to say the very least.

The freighter incident last night would have been horrific had it crashed, but similar disasters have been made a reality. In September alone 500 died in just one incident, and then shortly after a further 200 in another.

It's insane, and totally absurd to think of this happening off our coast. There is occasionally good news, but without more EU work its essentially a drop in the ocean (of dead bodies).

http://www.populus.co.uk/item/When-voters-say-all-parties-are-the-same-theyre-just-complaining-that-other-voters-aren’t-sufficiently-like-them-/

Make of that what you will, I've no idea what the sample size was or how thoroughly the data was collected, though if it's accurate it's depressing to think that a significant number of people think climate change isn't real.

nvmd wrong post

Edited by vilas

Very sad indeed. Can´t believe how fucked up those people are in their brains to go on a killing spree because of some drawings......

(BBC live feed)

Two of the gunmen were dressed in typical jihadist "uniform" of black balaclavas, khaki ammunition pouches and were armed with Kalashnikovs, the BBC's Frank Gardner reports. They were heard shouting "Allahu Akbar".

Apparently there are 4 terrorists(3 gunmen and 1 driver) and they're still at large.12 deaths so far.

Famous French cartoonists or journalists (at least 9 of them, and a few policemen guarding the newspaper building) were deliberately targeted, called by their name and executed.

How do these guys get their weapons? AKs and grenade launchers are not sold in regular hunting store in France, I suppose?

How do these guys get their weapons? AKs and grenade launchers are not sold in regular hunting store in France, I suppose?

Probably black market.

Probably black market.

I find it very difficult to believe they were able to acquire them in such short period of time. Unless ISIS has sleeper terrorist cells in all of Europe...

The editor in chief of Charlie Hebdo, known as Charb, together Cabu, Wolinski and Tignous, three well known cartoonists, have been executed.

REMOVED due to violent content.

Edited by Xalteva