Placebo

European Politics Thread.

re-read, he told MONTHLY salary, not weekly

he told about 42,5 hours of work in week , but salary was prescribed monthly

divide yourself for 4.5, it is not over 10 pounds per h

Take a look at Ukraine, Belarus - why is Greece any different? LOL Do they produce anything of value, except wine? How does a country of 11 million people rack up E350 billion in debt, for what projects? Oh, you say you personally haven't received anything from this stash (even though some went to infrastructure), well, then: we're all waiting for you to put those lampposts to good use and hang whoever is responsible. Yawn.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

@Prydain:

How do you fund welfare?

You don't. ;)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

as i heard in some countries salary is weekly, therefore you probably thought so (i heard such thing about USA, i don't know if it is true that salary is weekly paid)

Mostly all companies pay bi-weekly in the United States. The only people I know that get paid weekly are waiters/waitress.

THIS MORNING'S NEWS

Massive Strike Set for U.K.

BY NICHOLAS WINNING

LONDON—The head of a U.K. union group said thousands of public-sector workers will go ahead with a planned strike over pension overhauls this week as there remains a "major gap" with the government on key issues such as raising the retirement age and contributions.

The planned one-day stoppage on Thursday by four unions representing some 750,000 teachers and other public-sector employees promises to be one of the biggest protests targeting the government's £111 billion ($157 billion) austerity drive since the coalition was formed last year, although it remains to be seen how many workers will actually take part.

Brendan Barber, ...

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304314404576411690509010306.html

U.S. Money Funds Risk Losses if Europe Crisis Spreads

The European debt crisis would pose a threat to U.S. money-market mutual funds if a rash of sovereign defaults caused big banks to fail to meet obligations within the next three months.

“It would take a very rapid decline and not just in the smaller European countries†for the debt crisis to threaten U.S. money funds, George “Gus†Sauter, chief investment officer at Vanguard Group Inc. in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, said in an interview. “You’d probably have to see Spain and Italy get into difficult shape.â€

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-27/money-funds-in-u-s-unfazed-by-greek-crisis-watch-out-for-spain-contagion.html

Europe looks for contingency plan B

By Quentin Peel in Berlin and Peter Spiegel in Brussels

European officials have begun debating contingency plans in case the Greek parliament fails to approve a €28bn austerity package, which will be voted on after a three-day debate that began on Monday.

The austerity measures have been agreed with international lenders as a condition of a July €12bn aid payment which Athens needs to avoid a sovereign default next month.

Read more: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/69ffc3ec-a103-11e0-9a07-00144feabdc0,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F69ffc3ec-a103-11e0-9a07-00144feabdc0.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2F#axzz1Qa1AoHa6

Exclusive: Greek woes may eclipse Lehman: Ackermann

(Reuters) - Deutsche Bank's (DBKGn.DE) CEO described the situation in Greece as critical and warned contagion to other euro zone members could lead to a crisis bigger than the one sparked by the collapse of Lehman Brothers.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/28/us-deutschebank-greece-idUSTRE75Q42M20110628

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Massive Strike Set for U.K.

LONDON—The head of a U.K. union group said thousands of public-sector workers will go ahead with a planned strike over pension overhauls this week as there remains a "major gap" with the government on key issues such as raising the retirement age and contributions.

Those ungrateful citisens, who are funded out of the purse of productive people of the land. Quite a few can not wait till we displace the nonproductive with an artificial A.I. with well-articulated sets of values, which would be an improvement at that point.

Edited for political correctness.

And,

P36x8rTb3jI

I wish I could find a white person making the same claims, if you have an equivalent - do post it. ;)

@IP: Gtfo with that racist bullshit. Because you've got a black female saying "now I don't have to worry about those expsenes" -that infers what, a welfare mom looking for a handout?!?

She never says that she wants Obama to pay for it and it's no different then any political supporter of any party saying "Now the economy will be better and i won't have to worry about X,Y,Z..."

Seriously, thats a bunch of horseshite.

@IP: Gtfo with that racist bullshit. Because you've got a black female saying "now I don't have to worry about those expsenes" -that infers what, a welfare mom looking for a handout?!?

She never says that she wants Obama to pay for it and it's no different then any political supporter of any party saying "Now the economy will be better and i won't have to worry about X,Y,Z..."

Seriously, thats a bunch of horseshite.

HAHAHA. You're being played like a violin.

I specifically said,

I wish I could find a white person making the same claims, if you have an equivalent - do post it.

I quote her from that 'interview',

I won't have to work, or put gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. You know, if I, if I help him, he's gonna help me.

LOL.

I'm not against blacks, or whites, or Martians; what I do not like is leeches.

Bullshit -I just listened to it 5 times and she is saying very hastily - I won't have to worry -not work.

Putting a little disclaimer asking for a white person don't mean jack son. You decided to post that video with intent -own it.

Bullshit -I just listened to it 5 times and she is saying very hastily - I won't have to worry -not work.

Putting a little disclaimer asking for a white person don't mean jack son. You decided to post that video with intent -own it.

The 'I won't have to work' part was my wishful thinking, I guess. LOL Let's suppose you're correct, then,

I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. You know, if I, if I help him, he's gonna help me.

Message doesn't change much, or do you suggest, that the person was thinking Obama would create peace in the Middle East, thus lowering gas prices; all loans would become non-recourse, option ARMs wouldn't ever blow up, and house prices would be going up, up and away? LOL

P.S. I suppose that would be possible, seeing as the video was shot almost on the day of the vote: all those prior months, consisting of brainwashing have payed off.

Message doesn't change much, or do you suggest, that the person was thinking Obama would create peace in the Middle East, thus lowering gas prices; all loans would become non-recourse, option ARMs wouldn't ever blow up, and house prices would be going up, up and away? LOL

You can't speculate on what her belief's are by listening to one little snippet. Well maybe an idealogue like you can, but that don't add up to much.

She could mean anything:

Perhaps she believes Obama will better support the Working and Middle class thereby helping her with expenses in life.

She could be conspirciy minded *cough* and believe Bush and Cheney had ties to big oil as well as the housing crisis.

The list is endless and irrelevant. Try to be more careful with reckless propaganda in the future.

@ProfTournesol: Yes your right and I apologize -the racist shite above got me a bit steamed.

Isn't this supposed to be the European Politics thread ?

The global mind solvency crisis thread. ;) This being an English forum, I oftentimes refer to the United States due fact that English is official language in the majority of the states, and due to the familiarity most have with their economic situation. Interconnectednessness. ;)

Streaming Video From Syntagma Square - First Day Of Greek General Strike

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/streaming-video-syntagma-square-first-day-greek-general-strike

Four live streams from Greek riots. (is it a revolution yet?)

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

She could mean anything:

Perhaps she believes Obama will better support the Working and Middle class thereby helping her with expenses in life.

Does she have a job to be in said Middle Class?

She could be conspirciy minded *cough* and believe Bush and Cheney had ties to big oil as well as the housing crisis.

Too sophisticated for her situation. Occam's Razor.

@ProfTournesol: Yes your right and I apologize -the racist shite above got me a bit steamed.

You know, I like you - the brainwashed people, you've been educated in the right kind of propaganda, at least you won't go on a murderous killing spree like some in the 20th Century have. Can't vouch for that, though.

I'm not against blacks, or whites, or Martians; what I do not like is leeches.
Who also come in the same shapes and sizes ... " ;) "

I like you - the brainwashed people, you've been educated in the right kind of propaganda

At what point do you know you are except from this mr super clean information set? Edited by mrcash2009

At what point do you know you are except from this mr super clean information set?

Interesting question: everyone has their tickle spots, you could generalise by taking a very controversial example of a known event "that changed everything", whether or not he can distinguish between a controlled demolition and a structural collapse due to failing support columns.

Basically, when you get out of the herd and stop being reactionary to gov't inputs. If you become cynical, you can even take profits from general misery & chaos.

Ok, thanks for the reply I see your point, but if I can ask it another way based on the reason I asked from what I quoted of your post previous ...

At what point do YOU "know" you are exempt from this, based on the assumption of the cut off point to brainwashed?

At what point do YOU "know" you are exempt from this, based on the assumption of the cut off point to brainwashed?

When I stopped feeling sorrow for false flag massacres around the globe. The ensuing chaos resembled more of a circus to me. Being independent in all things you do, including opinions you might have sought in troubled times, is also a measure of that,

IMF Board Selects France's Christine Lagarde As New IMF Managing Director

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/imf-board-selects-frances-christine-lagarde-new-imf-managing-director

As expected. Just sent out from Lagarde's twitter account: "The results are in: I am honored & delighted that the Board has entrusted me with the position of MD of the IMF!" Now can the symbolic IMF and its double symbolic head please step aside and leave the real bailouts to China, please?

Sexy, sexy lady. ;)

/tiphat2spooks :cc:

Does she have a job to be in said Middle Class?

How are you surmising that she doesn't? More ignorant speculation based on nothing cept her color and perhaps manner of speak.

Too sophisticated for her situation.

How do you mean "too sophisticated..."? You really have a superiority complex based on nothing.

You know, I like you - the brainwashed people, you've been educated in the right kind of propaganda, at least you won't go on a murderous killing spree like some in the 20th Century have. Can't vouch for that, though.

On the contrary -it's you that are feeding into ignorant stereotypes and conspiracy propaganda. Think about it - in your blind ignorance you branded that jubilant Obama supporter a "leech" due to your own wishful thinking and ignorance. You judged before getting all of the facts and bought into the common stereotype that black women are all on welfare.

Good thing you are not a man in power.....

On the contrary -it's you that are feeding into ignorant stereotypes and conspiracy propaganda. Think about it - in your blind ignorance you branded that jubilant Obama supporter a "leech" due to your own wishful thinking and ignorance.

You will develop certain, even specific

manner of speak

depending on the environment you're living in, and it wouldn't a stretch to suggest that she's on welfare: the reporter only mentions her having to take the kids from school early, nothing about a job, or a profession. :D The situation of black communities in the United States is most unfortunate, but Who has the Wisdom to end the cycle of poverty, do you? <- Remember that one?

Is welfare even an option, when a fishing rod and a beautiful, clean lake is available to all?

You will develop certain, even specific

I have no idea what your saying here. If you mean I will develop the same ignorances and stereotypes as you seem to have - doubtful.

depending on the environment you're living in, and it wouldn't a stretch to suggest that she's on welfare: the reporter only mentions her having to take the kids from school early, nothing about a job, or a profession. The situation of black communities in the United States is most unfortunate...

I grew up in a black ghetto thanks -and most to all dads i knew went to work everyday. And yes, it is total ignorance that you assume she is on welfare. Your assumption contains underlying racism whether you accept it or not.

Who has the Wisdom to end the cycle of poverty, do you? <- Remember that one?

Yes I do. Steralize yourself -one less mouth to feed.

Is welfare even an option, when a fishing rod and a beautiful, clean lake is available to all?

You mean that nuclear cesspool lake after your much desired world cleansing happens? No thanks.

I grew up in a black ghetto thanks -and most to all dads i knew went to work everyday. And yes, it is total ignorance that you assume she is on welfare. Your assumption contains underlying racism whether you accept it or not.

Yes I do. Steralize yourself -one less mouth to feed.

Hits very close to home for you, I see. Even your spelling suffered from this.

As I said, it was never meant to come across as racist: here in Europe we view a stupid person... as a stupid person*, whether he is black, yellow, or is white, drives a Porsche and outruns police because of a speeding ticket, only to lose the back end of the car and crash at the next turn.

It would seem everyone is biased in this discussion.

*unless you're Muslim.

LOL

______

Greeks riot over austerity cuts: in pictures

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8603424/Riot-police-fire-tear-gas-on-protesters-in-Athens-Greece.html

A protester wearing a gas mask walks beside a burning van during violent protests against austerity measures in Athens

Picture: REUTERS

Lots of burning going on, protesters wearing what look like looted gasmasks & motorcycle/police helmets.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Here are very interesting details of the Greek austerity conditions. If your country has been on an orgy of spending-other-peoples'-money, then you should probably take heed,

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/breakdown-greek-austerity-measures

TAXATION

Taxes will increase by 2.32bn euros this year, with additional taxes of 3.38bn euros in 2012, 152m euros in 2013 and 699m euros in 2014.

A solidarity levy of between 1% and 5% of income will be levied on households to raise 1.38bn euros.

The tax-free threshold for income tax will be lowered from 12,000 to 8,000 euros.

There will be higher property taxes

VAT rates are to rise: the 19% rate will increase to 23%, 11% becomes 13%, and 5.5% will increase to 6.5%.

The VAT rate for restaurants and bars will rise to 23% from 13%.

Luxury levies will be introduced on yachts, pools and cars.

Some tax exemptions will be scrapped

Excise taxes on fuel, cigarettes and alcohol will rise by one third.

Special levies on profitable firms, high-value properties and people with high incomes will be introduced.

PUBLIC SECTOR CUTS

The public sector wage bill will be cut by 770m euros in 2011, 600m euros in 2012, 448m euros in 2013, 300m euros in 2014 and 71m euros in 2015.

Nominal public sector wages will be cut by 15%.

Wages of employees of state-owned enterprises will be cut by 30% and there will be a cap on wages and bonuses.

All temporary contracts for public sector workers will be terminated.

Only one in 10 civil servants retiring this year will be replaced and only one in 5 in coming years.

SPENDING CUTS

Defence spending will be cut by 200m euros in 2012, and by 333m euros each year from 2013 to 2015.

Health spending will be cut by 310m euros this year and a further 1.81bn euros in 2012-2015, mainly by lowering regulated prices for drugs.

Public investment will be cut by 850m euros this year.

Subsidies for local government will be reduced.

Education spending will be cut by closing or merging 1,976 schools.

CUTTING BENEFITS

Social security will be cut by 1.09bn euros this year, 1.28bn euros in 2012, 1.03bn euros in 2013, 1.01bn euros in 2014 and 700m euros in 2015.

There will be more means-testing and some benefits will be cut.

The government hopes to collect more social security contributions by cracking down on evasion and undeclared work.

The statutory retirement age will be raised to 65, 40 years of work will be needed for a full pension and benefits will be linked more closely to lifetime contributions.

PRIVATISATION

The government aims to raise 50bn euros from privatisations by 2015, including:

Selling stakes this year in the betting monopoly OPAP, the lender Hellenic Postbank, port operators Piraeus Port and Thessaloniki Port as well as Thessaloniki Water.

It has agreed to sell 10% of Hellenic Telecom to Deutsche Telekom for about 400m euros.

Next year, the government plans to sell stakes in Athens Water, refiner Hellenic Petroleum, electricity utility PPC, lender ATEbank as well as ports, airports, motorway concessions, state land and mining rights.

It plans further sales to raise 7bn euros in 2013, 13bn euros in 2014 and 15bn euros in 2015.

Special levies on profitable firms, high-value properties and people with high incomes will be introduced.

Most people think this is still a game, and in some way it is: your inaction is still a valid response and accounted for by the rules of the game.

Hits very close to home for you, I see. Even your spelling suffered from this.

Lol, you're gonna hold my upbringing to task because I mispelled using an A instead of I.

Yet again your implication is that they are dumber - congrats on moar stereotyping!

This has gone to OT so I'm gonna leave you with this:

You pride yourself on being privvy to world changing information as well as being more of an "independent thinker" then others yet you fall into the exact same trap as other groups, especially the religious.

A true independent thinker, ones that I find truly interesting and bringing something to the table are the Israeli's who see Palestianian points of view -and vice versa. Whites who have and will step outside of their racial identity and understand others points of view. The same goes for Blacks, Asians, Hispanics and Native Americans. Republican and Democrats who can rise above the strict partisan divide and do whats right.

You call for mass extermination of "stupid peoples" -no different then Muslim fanatics calling for a world conversion by force or Christians wanting the Rapture to save them and kill all others.

Your all of the same mindset. You think your one world government is so revolutionary and new..? Wrong. I've heard most of those stories since probably before you were born.

Good luck to you and your wacky theories on a better world and don't think your better or above anyone else -you ain't.

Isn't this supposed to be the European Politics thread ?

cause Americans push their asses everywhere, not only in Korea, Viet-Nam, Iraq, A-Stan, they stick everywhere instead of taking care about their own problems with gangs in Oakland, school shootings, medical care, homeless etc.

they put their nose anywhere instead of living in place where they were born

so when we in Europe want to have our European way of living , they come here to told us it is wrong

they love rats race (like Asians from some countries love karoshi and gone insane like human was born to WORK not to LIVE and joy life), they love stress and anger and violence, let they keep it themselves and shoot each other ,

we are not robots, we were not born to work like robots , when i watch some broadcasts like Orange County Choppers i cannot understand such shouting at work, normally here we would sue boss who treats people like shit ("mobbing sue" and dignity rights, cause noone can shout at me at work) ,

but let they stay away from Europe, we don't want stress in job, we don't want karoshi, we don't want lack of social care, we pay tax to have silence and peace

if they want to live like IMF, NWO, Bilderberg Group wants them to live, let them have it, they will have to arm against each other , but let they not spread this stressful life across ocean (both republicans and democrats are liberal right wing parties, they even have not left wing party at all)

if they want die working like Japanese from Karoshi, but without medical care shoot by mad kid of neighbor , their problem

we do not want here in EU to have such things as they live in (Sicko, Columbine, The Insider, The Inside Job ... )

shame that in some of our European countries (except internet) noone knows what happens in Greece, there is conspiracy of silence about Greece and some Spain

media (owned by big concerns) do not give any information, people who not watch/read independent media even have no idea what happens !!!

thanx to internet i can read , but people without PC (a lot of , mostly older or poor) have no clue about situation in Greece (otherwise we would start second Greece here in our countries)

mainstream media now try to inform about anything just to avoid economy , you will hear about car accident, vegetables, mad priest, some anti-Russian propaganda about Zhyrynovsky , but not about economy or Greece

if i had no internet, i was not reading independent media - i would not know what happens there

i hope Greek people will choose best way for their National interests and country and win to live the way they want to live and open again to tourists cause they have ancient precious things, they started European culture with tales, architecture, math , philosophy etc.

Greece is historically great nation, I hope they will live in peaceful way after win their interest and focus on their interest not giving up and not giving all forced by IMF and Bildebergs

such great (by historical measures, culture, sculpture, architecture...) nation as Greece cannot "bankrupt" like our TV lies, i hope more nations will stand too , cause i am angry after my gov. cut my salary , this year i get no holiday-wage-premie and last year i get no christmass-wage-premie, which was every year,

last 6 months i earned 4000 PLN (1000 EU) less, although there is inflation and many products gone higher (food, electronics) and i had to resing from buying PC (thats why there is no addons , cause i simply cannot afford PC in flat i live)

wage cuts, inflation - we should say "enough" to "politicians" , cause not only in Greece there are wages cuts, in my country too and it was by surprise , cause in my job people awaited holidays premie as usual, simply on bank account (yesterday) we found that there was no extra money for holidays for the first time since we work :/ half of my colleagues won't go to any holidays this summer :/ me too for 99% :/ my girl haven't got usual holiday-premie too... since yesterday's looking at bank account i am angry as hell, 10 years after graduation, MSc, zero own flat, zero own car and ... 800 EU on account , no f*** way

selling national goods to foreign should be treated as nation trait

such things happened in my country in 90s, in effect we lost control on things placed on our own territory and noone was hanged yet :/

I Am Afraid of the Greeks, even Bearing Gifts

Remember that old frase?

:pill:

back on topic. Greek goverment aproves the austerity law, also known as "sell the country"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13960947

Athens is going to be hell on hearth tonight...

This is like the Treaty of Versailles, which set in stone the German killing spree 20 years after the date it was signed on... Scroll up to my post for details of the 'austerity' plan - no country, not even the U.S. would be able to make good on those projections/milestones.

Basically, someone wants the Greeks to riot and burn their own country, so they can come in (with UN troops :D) later on and buy up it all up on the cheap. Wheels are about to fall off on this cart.

Perspective,

Lets put it into some perspective.

Greece:

Population - 11,283,000

Debt - 469,800,000,000 in USD terms

Debt per man woman and child - 41,638.00 in USD terms per man, woman and child

Does that sound familiar? It should, because excluding all of the unfunded liabilities in the USA, the national debt here adds up to around $45,000.00 per man woman and child.

So take the similar debt liability, and try and deduce what would happen in the good old USA if they decided to tax every man, woman and child by 340.00 this year, with more to come over the next four years. Then add on an additional 5% of the family income in a levy. Now lower the tax paying threshold to 10,000.00 per family. The states then increase their sales tax by a third. Now tax the very ownership of "luxury items" one time. Increase gas taxes by a third.

I think that would get everyone off their asses and away from the TV in the USA as well. Except here, when the protests turned violent, it would be old vs. Young, black, hispanic Vs. White, liberals vs conservative, right to life vs abortion activists, you name it. Instead of turning the anger on the government and the banks for enslaving us, we would simply kill each other.

I actually applaud them for largely keeping their eye on the ball here.

:cc: