Placebo

European Politics Thread.

No it´s not. For most people price and quality determine if they will buy something or not, If foreign companies produce better and cheaper products the local industry will have a hard time selling their own stuff.

It was true. Funnily this immigration crisis change a lot of things including this. Before it people don't listen when patriotic movements try to convince them to not buy foreign product if they can. They just do what you wrote. But now, the majority feel in his own skin how EU works. So now - without any propaganda - people started buying local goods. I hope they will not stop this habit before Germany feel it.

I read an article about only one good thing came from this crisis: people - not just the politicians - in Vishegrad countries can see clearly how western EU countries treat us. I hope it will start a lot of good things: more cooperation between Vishegrad countries, we can stand unite against domination of Germany and yes, much better conzumisation in domestic goods against the foreign goods or at least western EU goods.

World Cup Scandal: Germany Appears to Have Bought Right to Host 2006 Tournament (SPIEGEL)

Information obtained by SPIEGEL suggests the German bidding committee created a slush fund in its effort to land the rights to host the 2006 World Cup. Senior officials, including football hero Franz Beckenbauer, are believed to have known about fund.

Internal documents show that a cover was created with the help of global football organizing body FIFA to facilitate the payment. Using the cover, the Germans made a €6.7 million contribution for a gala FIFA Opening Ceremony that had been planned at Berlin's Olympic Stadium but was later cancelled. The money had been paid into a FIFA bank account in Geneva. From there, FIFA allegedly promptly transferred the money to a Zurich account belonging to Louis-Dreyfus.

It appears that the loan was used to secure the four votes belonging to Asian representatives on the 24-person FIFA Executive Committee. The four Asians joined European representatives on the executive committee in casting their ballots for the tournament to be awarded to Germany in the July 2000 vote. After Charles Dempsey of New Zeeland unexpectedly abstained from casting his vote, Germany prevailed and landed the right to host the World Cup in a 12:11 vote.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/documents-indicate-slush-fund-used-in-german-world-cup-bid-a-1058212.html

Almost forgot about "ruled" by Russians)) Please explain if its not difficult for you?

In the USSR the majority and the ruler of the USSR was Russian.

When I talk with any other nationality from USSR (like chechens or tatar or manshi... etc) they always said: "If I want something, I have to be Russian". I can explain this in a specific coversation.

In Europe it's very important to study in your own language. We are angry if a Hungarian miniority cannot study in Hungarian eg in Romania. So once I asked a tatar guy: "Could you study in tatar language in any University". He didn't understand and ask back: "Why? The all scientists in the world was Russian. We don't need to study in other language then Russian". I guess, now you know this is not true. So it only could happend because Russians was the ruler of USSR and they made rules: eg. the language in every university of USSR is in Russian language and no exception. If you are right and 130 nations share on sins of USSR, why they don't get the right to study in their own language?

And it's not against you. It's just very interesting to me, you think the USSR was something not ruled by Russian nation. I thought if it's clear fact to me, probably it's clear to Russians too.

But it's a very interesting discussion.

Ok, i got your point. First of - if you know the way how to create university that would provide a possibility to study on 130 languages  - be my guest)) ( i unerstand that 130 nationalities don't mean 130 languages but you got my point).All these nationalities live side by side with russian speaking people for hundreds of years and not knowing the language is absurd! Second - to get something you need to be russian? To get something in Russia ( well at least nowdays) you need education and will to work hard ( it works for me at least). And just for your reference check the nationality of Shoigu ( the minister of Defence of RF). And this is just a minor example. You may find more on google and among other representatives you will find chechens, tatars, jews and many many others. And by the way in my university students were able to study on russian, ukrainian and tatar languages))

defense Minister

About Russia's Defence minister may be it is little complicated to find info about him in English so i made it for ya)) His is Tuvanian ( there are 300 000 of them alltogether all over the world) and he got education in Soviet Union. And now you tell me that others can not do the same?))

I'd like to remind something to poor enslaved Hungarians. And I doubt that Hungarian soldiers of that time were glad to local Soviet population, also I suppose that all the episodes that happened later, including 1956 revolution is the easiest punishment of what may be (for example truly democratic Tokyo or Dresden bombings, or nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

If you are right and 130 nations share on sins of USSR, why they don't get the right to study in their own language?

The problem is that you think like typical European citizen living in country that is inhabited by few nations or even one making total majority of population. Schools that use bilingual study had been existed for many years in USSR and still exist. Getting higher levels of education in native language does not have any sense, because so many nationalities need to use one language for communication. And Russian is such language.

• Like 1

Ok, i got your point. First of - if you know the way how to create university that would provide a possibility to study on 130 languages  - be my guest)) ( i unerstand that 130 nationalities don't mean 130 languages but you got my point).

Not all of them, but the biggers live in the same territory. Eg. Azeri people live in Azebajdhan or tatar people live next to river Volga. So they live in their communities and they have cities and the major cities has University. Why the tatar people cannot study in their own language in their own major city? Of course I don't want education in manshi language at Lomonosov University (if you call it Lomonosov in nowdays too - sorry, but my knowledge is from the (not so good) old times)

All these nationalities live side by side with russian speaking people for hundreds of years and not knowing the language is absurd!

And Russians speak all the other 129 language? Why so evident that everybody have to speak Russian?

I had to learn Russian too and I was not happy. Ok, I was teen then, but I thought, why not the Russians study Hungarian language. And of course I know the answer: because Russian ruled not just the USSR, but the whole eastern-european sector too. And my language is not slavic, so it was hard to study Rissian. Actually, my language is more close to Manshi than Russian. :) But of course I cannot understand Manshi...

Second - to get something you need to be russian? To get something in Russia ( well at least nowdays) you need education and will to work hard ( it works for me at least).

Yeah, but if the education is available only in Russian... You get my point, don't you?

And just for your reference check the nationality of Shoigu ( the minister of Defence of RF). And this is just a minor example. You may find more on google and among other representatives you will find chechens, tatars, jews and many many others.

I know that, and it's good. But this is not the proove about Russian nation was not the ruler of USSR. Even if I know Stalin was a georgian.

And by the way in my university students were able to study on russian, ukrainian and tatar languages))

Thanks! It's a good news. I'm glad if tatars can study in their own language (Ukranian is not good enough, because it's almost same as Russian - I mean, I know the differences, but if a Russian, who don't speak Ukranian talk with an ukranian, they understand each other with very small problem.) But tatar language is different.

Getting higher levels of education in native language does not have any sense, because so many nationalities need to use one language for communication. And Russian is such language.

Yeah, I get it. But why Russian? If Russian people is only one from the 130, why Russian is the common language? Of course because you are the ruler nation of USSR!

• Like 1

"Why so evident that everybody have to speak Russian?"

"Yeah, I get it. But why Russian? If Russian people is only one from the 130, why Russian is the common language? Of course because you are the ruler nation of USSR! "

Oh man))) I guess because among RF population of 143 milions people there are 111 milions Russians. Don't you think its enough to be the main reason?))) And if you like it sooo much to call Russians rulers and don't like them to be rulers, maybe you have a better suggestion of rulers?))) Maybe Chechens?Or Tatars? Or maybe Hungarians ( there are about 2781 live in Russia). I bet you like the last one  ;) 

"Yeah, but if the education is available only in Russian... You get my point, don't you?" No i don't) 

"Thanks! It's a good news." I'm glad you like it.

"But this is not the proove about Russian nation was not the ruler of USSR" And even if it was so? I just don't understand what is the problem with that? Seriously?

"Why so evident that everybody have to speak Russian?"

"Yeah, I get it. But why Russian? If Russian people is only one from the 130, why Russian is the common language? Of course because you are the ruler nation of USSR! "

Oh man))) I guess because among RF population of 143 milions people there are 111 milions Russians. Don't you think its enough to be the main reason?))) And if you like it sooo much to call Russians rulers and don't like them to be rulers, maybe you have a better suggestion of rulers?))) Maybe Chechens?Or Tatars? Or maybe Hungarians ( there are about 2781 live in Russia). I bet you like the last one  ;) 

We talking about the same, just in different view point. I accept you are the largest nation (not just in RF, but USSR and even in Europe too). No one want to deny this fact.

And I don't want to revoke your ruler role. I was the first one who said, you are the ruler.

Those Hungarians should be communist or grandsons of communists, so I don't want to revenge so rude to you, them as a ruler :D

• Like 1

"Thanks! It's a good news." I'm glad you like it.

"But this is not the proove about Russian nation was not the ruler of USSR" And even if it was so? I just don't understand what is the problem with that? Seriously?

You asked me in the other topic why I think Russian nation was the ruler of USSR. It was a suprise form me, because I thought it's a fact and everybody know it. I have no problem with that.

-I'm posting this here, it's a response to what was said previously in the European migrants crisis thread-

Fact is, I can't find anything related to any ban on eastern european products.

The french farmers did, indeed, raid 3 foreign trucks in 2011...but those were spanish trucks (Euronews)

And they seem pissed about "unfair competition" from any foreign country, not just eastern europeans (NY times)

-I'm posting this here, it's a response to what was said previously in the European migrants crisis thread-

The french farmers did, indeed, raid 3 foreign trucks in 2011...but those were spanish trucks (Euronews)

And they seem pissed about "unfair competition" from any foreign country, not just eastern europeans (NY times)

Yes, better idea.

More times I said that agricultural policies in Europe are a mess, and I stand by my opinion. I remember in the past years, every now and when farmers would start protesting on the street, somewhere in Europe. Usually in Brussels. Somehow I remember the milk quotas as a particularly thorny issue.

The situation now seems to be quiet, but, as you said, they complained a lot about unfair competition, so it's hard to find out who got benefits during the years, when and at whose expense. I think anything is possible.

We have been looking at a lot of treaties in the past pages. I never thought I would one day look at the bilateral agreement between Germany and Poland for taxation. But honestly, the thought of looking at the agricultural mess doesn't make me happy. I would prefer to leave it as it is.

By the way, looking at the net contributors and recipients on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_the_European_Union#Net_contributors_and_recipients

I saw that Luxembourg is actually taking money. I can understand if the countries that had more problems during the crisis take money, but Luxembourg... I mean, wtf...

Yeah, I get it. But why Russian? If Russian people is only one from the 130, why Russian is the common language? Of course because you are the ruler nation of USSR!

boss00521 answered before me - Russians are the largest nation amomg others. So studying in language that is used by a couple of percents (or even smaller) of population makes no sense. Especially if you live in large country and can move to any of its part (for example you are born in Novosibirsk but move to work to Kiev, Vilnius or Dushanbe (or vice versa). In this case one common language used by largest part of population is only tool of successful communication in every part of the large multinational country.

it was in first days of July , they broke windows in Polish trucks and destroyed meat which was on trucks, 

police not reacted, 

in Poland in such situation police would open fire 

related and relevant:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/world/europe/04poland.html

EDIT: one more:

http://www.euronews.com/2015/10/02/farmers-suicides-the-rising-human-cost-of-the-eu-s-agriculture-crisis/

coming from this thread on reddit, where someone is mentioning this Polish trucks story, but there is nothing more about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/3n7bqh/farmers_suicides_the_rising_human_cost_of_the_eus/

as I said: a complete mess.

it was in first days of July , they broke windows in Polish trucks and destroyed meat which was on trucks, 

police not reacted, 

in Poland in such situation police would open fire

I was finally able to find something. The fact is they were not targetting polish and even eastern europeans trucks but every trucks with foreign food.

And according to this article, everything went peacefully, no mention of any broken windows.

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2015/07/30/2152102-promesse-d-agriculteurs-furieux-nous-n-en-resterons-pas-la.html

(...) they've found asparagus from Peru, Pepper from california, lamb from Ireland, Potatoes and mushroom from Poland, tomatoes  from Spain and Portugal, bread from Italy, (...) and throw everything on the road

Another article from a french national TV website

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/haute-normandie/seine-maritime/en-images-les-eleveurs-ont-deverse-des-kilos-de-viande-sur-le-pont-de-normandie-775363.html

they were targetting trucks carrying meat, dairy products and milk from foreign countries (...)  Polish poultry, German meat and Belgian dairies ended up on the road

So much for the whole world against Poland...

as I said: a complete mess.

Oh, the worst is yet to come. That US-EU trade agreement is going to hurt them even more.

Oh, the worst is yet to come. That US-EU trade agreement is going to hurt them even more.

I meant a mess in the sense that everyone is complaining about something, rules are changing, and it's pretty hard to figure what is going on.

But you are right. These treaties make life harder for less competitive businesses, not just farmers. This usually includes the smaller ones.

An interest article about the inefficient decision making process within the EU:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-21/every-day-s-a-crisis-for-europe-as-merkel-heads-back-to-brussels

no surprise, I guess. And it's not going to change anytime soon.

shame that you do not write about which is that directive

when bank bankrupts - than there is no guarantee of money for client and client money is taken away

before this directive we have in law guarantee of cash back to some sume of money,

when all our banks were bought by abroad banks, it means that if western bank bankrupts, our money are taken away to pay for it,

but you miss about issue with this directive that Netherland and Luxembourg and Sweden (and previously many other western countries) do not wanted to implement,

BRRD allows to confiscate client money, it is dangerous especially when money in country X are confiscated by fall of bank in country Y

Here we go again. My bad, next time I will refrain from posting.

1) the directive is about bank bankruptcy, not just banks taking away money

2) if western bank bankrupts, you lose your money and I lose mine. So there is nothing to complain, at least not more than me.

3) in Poland, like in many members of the union, including the Netherlands and Sweden, there is a deposit insurance of 100000 euros:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposit_insurance#European_Union

Above that value you are expected to do your own research, and not give money to a bank that can go bankrupt. It is like that because the bank uses your money to invest (usually lend money), so if the bank goes bankrupt it basically means that its investments didn't work, and your money is gone. At least that's how I understand it. It works like that in pretty much every country, as you can see on Wikipedia.

If you want to increase that value, think of where the money for the insurance comes from. That's right, your government. So, do you want to pay because someone else goes bankrupt?

4) I didn't mean to start a discussion about bankruptcy law, but to show that rich western countries (2 of them part of the initial group of 6 founders) don't exactly get a privileged treatment

http://www.globalresearch.ca/bail-in-the-birth-of-the-new-financial-order/5330946

they also say that bail-in can destroy smaller banks, independent banking institutions etc.

so it can also lead to monopolization

somehow in EU noone worked on directive that would punish banksters, but on directives that would try to repeat Cyprus scenario, instead of bosses of those banks

how many banksters were jailed after crisis ? (number ot those criminals is dozen ? hundreds ? few ? thousands ?) what about confiscation of their money ?

press in my country was saying about danger of such bail in here due to fact that foreign banks bought ours, which means that crisis abroad may hit us with Cyprus scenario

for some reasons many countries not signed it fast, for some reasons other countries not signed it yet opposite to technical standards

this is going way off topic, has nothing to do with what I said, and is another discussion that is pretty active all over the world. Nothing to do with east or west. Anyway...

There is no basis to jail these people. They lent money inappropriately, and it's not a crime. Nor there is legal basis to take their money. Banks are businesses and can go bankrupt. In the EU there is now a system to limit the bonuses, but whether that helps I'm not sure. The US has the Dodd-Frank, which is a quite complicated piece of legal crap.

A real solution is very hard to find.

So, it's official now. In Poland complete shift of power. From now on EU sceptical, ideologically catholic mild right-wing with kinda left-wing social point of view PiS ("Law and Justice" Party) can rule indepedently, without any coalition (235 of 460 seats in the parliament, 61 of 100 in the senate), furthemore, having the president of the same political option. There wasn't such situation in the III RP so far. No nominal leftist parties in the parliament.

http://parlament2015.pkw.gov.pl/349_Wyniki_Sejm