Placebo

European Politics Thread.

I can't believe the french voted in Sárközy. He's like a french speaking Gyurcsány... Same pro-american attitude that all corrupt eastern european politicians have (american "marketing agencies" probably helped his campaign)... and the same hypocrisy.

we want our independance in Europe as a state. because when you are member of a nation, you know your past, you live your present, and you can have a future. In Brittany, the economic situation is not good, we have pigs, and the tourism, we want more.

I live in Paris and I support the independence of Brittany: GDP per head in Ile-De-France reaches 41 662 euros, for 23 653 in Brittany (national average: 27 123).

Well, after doing the maths, and for the sake of efficiency, I even support the independence of Ile-De-France!

it's not a question of mathematics. but the freedom for a people, a nation to be free, because this is in the declaration of the human rights .

Yiiiiiiiiaaaaaah, Freedom for the true purestrain breton culture, which will enlighten the whole word of our magnificence yay.gif

I have tears of joy coming.... no, it's the rain rofl.gif

Yiiiiiiiiaaaaaah, Freedom for the true purestrain breton culture, which will enlighten the whole word of our magnificence yay.gif

I have tears of joy coming.... no, it's the rain rofl.gif

why not?

no culture is higher than another

What politics is there to discuss. Everything is a flavor of rightist politics. Most liberal, conservative, green parties and all social democratic parties are just social liberal. Politics don't change no matter who wins. There are just some small tax differences. No wonder why people don't care.

Social Liberal values are considered as norm and objective by the media (which is also owned by liberals 90%). Democracy and Freedom is actually democracy and freedom as seen by liberals. It's all the same rotten cultural hegemony.

But times are going to change.

it's not a question of mathematics. but the freedom for a people, a nation to be free, because this is in the declaration of the human rights .

Like I said: good riddance. I don't see any Briton nation or any Briton people from where I stand. I only see people who want to kill the very country and nation that gave them the text they say justifies their claims. Still, if you want to secede from France, go ahead and make my day. But don't come a-crying for subsidies when a tanker spills its oil on your shores or your hospitals go bankrupt. You'll also have to renegotiate all Common Agricultural Policy agreements made in behalf of France to sell the millions of pigs you raise. Those agreements you may know are truly in our favour and other countries will seize the opportunity to tighten the purse strings. I can't wait to see an independent Brittany so at last the crepes au sarrasin will be affordable and Patrick Lelay will broadcast his hogwash in an ununderstandable language.

Sorry for the rant, some people just don't know how happy they are.

lol, yeah, nice reply. a nice piece of "franchouillardise".

i'm really happy, when i see that. because this is a justification of leave france and create a new country, with fresh ideas.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for the rant, some people just don't know how happy they are.

yeah, sure to be happy, polynesians have paid the price a genocide. (+ 100 000 dead), and i don't forget the Kanaks, and the native americans Wayana, sure france is the paradise on earth. keep your retarded speech for those who vote FN.

France may be far from an earthly paradise, but as I see it, briton independantists have no real real ground for their claims. Since you're into history and enjoy keeping a foot in the past and different time periods, it's been what ? 500 years since Brittany has been rattached to the french crown.

Not forgetting the fact that some "regionalistes" pledged allegiance to the krauts during the second world war.

Brittany won't be independant anytime soon, and the ARB won't pull you out from french "oppression". And don't forget that this movement has blood on its hands. And it's not through political means that you're going to change anything either, not with the 450 persons of the PB and all the other minor parties.

Be happy that you still have a strong culture and strong traditions.

It's not as if an independant Brittany could survive by just exporting Breizh cola you know. Quit dreaming.

I don't think Igor's reply was all that "franchouillard", it's mostly that vocal persons without a clue and no basis for their claims tend to annoy people, especially when it's about such a ridiculous topic.

Most Britons, past the fact that they'll go watch a Bagadou play from time to times and hang a Briton flag just about anywhere, hold their social security benefits, their infrastructures financed by France and the many administrative jobs offered by the french state too dear to even bother.

If "you secede", I naturally want the Pays de Retz back as it is after all a Picton territory originally, and I'm going to push for a seccession from France in the Poitou Charentes, we've got the Parlanje afterall, we also got some pretty cool traditionnal dancing and music bands ...

Tache de seug' to chemin dreit, d'Angoleme à La Rochelle, pas d'besoin d'passer pr' Potiers

Well, it's always good to know that if I'd be son of immigrants, call immigrants "SCUMMâ„¢!" as an Interior minister, I can still be elected president... biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I'd probably laugh my ass off at that feat as well during a two-day vacation... rofl.gif

Long live democracy! thumbs-up.gif

Edit: Seriously, I'd have your president over my prime-minister any time! pistols.gif

(He's closing a whole university because it was discovered that he falsely identified himself as being an Engineer without actually having the degree acknowledged, when he first was a member of Parliament - actually, he is still not an acknowledged engineer yet he waves around his title like... ) crazy_o.gif

BUZZARD @ May 10 2007,18:29)]Well, it's always good to know that if I'd be son of immigrants, call immigrants "SCUMM™!" as an Interior minister, I can still be elected president...  biggrin_o.gif

Actually the reason he hates immigrants (mainly muslims) is because he's hungarian and greek. No two people hate turks and muslims more then hungarians and greeks. Centuries of hate for all things brown in both countries... mainly because the turks tried to wipe us out. O.o

The turks here in hungary don't even dare say they are turkish... they call their doners gyros. :O

This election was choosing between Charybde and Scylla wink_o.gif Each had serious arguments.... and serious issues.

France may be far from an earthly paradise, but as I see it, briton independantists have no real real ground for their claims. Since you're into history and enjoy keeping a foot in the past and different time periods, it's been what ? 500 years since Brittany has been rattached to the french crown.

Not forgetting the fact that some "regionalistes" pledged allegiance to the krauts during the second world war.

Brittany won't be independant anytime soon, and the ARB won't pull you out from french "oppression". And don't forget that this movement has blood on its hands. And it's not through political means that you're going to change anything either, not with the 450 persons of the PB and all the other minor parties.

It's not as if an independant Brittany could survive by just exporting Breizh cola you know. Quit dreaming.

I don't think Igor's reply was all that "franchouillard", it's mostly that vocal persons without a clue and no basis for their claims tend to annoy people, especially when it's about such a ridiculous topic.

Most Britons, past the fact that they'll go watch a Bagadou play from time to times and hang a Briton flag just about anywhere, hold their social security benefits, their infrastructures financed by France and the many administrative jobs offered by the french state too dear to even bother.

If "you secede", I naturally want the Pays de Retz back as it is after all a Picton territory originally, and I'm going to push for a seccession from France in the Poitou Charentes, we've got the Parlanje afterall, we also got some pretty cool traditionnal dancing and music bands ...

Tache de seug' to chemin dreit, d'Angoleme à La Rochelle, pas d'besoin d'passer pr' Potiers

What you are saying here is also somewhat applyable to the Bask ETA movement..

It's all about a false feeling of nationalism. This is not nationalism anymore.. this is pure stupidity.

You cannot see the Spanish/French government as "oppressors". Both governments are democraticly voted by the people of both countries.

However I must place a footnote that media really like to put stupid big mouthy people in the spotlight. Another form of stupidity.

What you are saying here is also somewhat applyable to the Bask ETA movement..

It's all about a false feeling of nationalism. This is not nationalism anymore.. this is pure stupidity.

You cannot see the Spanish/French government as "oppressors". Both governments are democraticly voted by the people of both countries.

However I must place a footnote that media really like to put stupid big mouthy people in the spotlight. Another form of stupidity.

yeah, we are 75% in Brittany to be stupid. sorry. confused_o.gif

don't compare ETA with the people in Brittany. nobody here like violence.

just a fact. france is in EU, yes? so why France does not apply the European directives European huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?

for me the United Kingdom, Germany are reals example of democracy.

sorry if i prefer the cultural varieties, rather than a ridiculous and stupid centralism.

and if we follow your mentalities: the Slovenians,the people of Slovaquia, the Latvians, the Estonians should have disappeared.

just a fact. france is in EU, yes? so why France does not apply the European directives European huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?

for me the United Kingdom, Germany are reals example of democracy.

I'm pretty sure that if you had been a native to either of those two countries, you would have said the same thing about France, only the order in which you used the countries would have been different wink_o.gif

Your own country always seems to suck hard compared to other countries, but when you talk to people that are from that country you get the same bad vibes as in your own country.

we want our independance in Europe as a state.

mmm... no... 'we' don't want independence... as always, the minority claims to be speaking for the majority. Regionalism and communautarism are a stupid trend...

and if we follow your mentalities: the Slovenians,the people of Slovaquia, the Latvians, the Estonians should have  disappeared.

What do you mean by that? Care to explain?

I don't know enough about the history of Brittany to dare to join into this debate (as you as it seems don't know much or anything about those nations you're mentioning), but as I know Britons are not (classified as) a nation but (as) an ethnic group or minority if you want. As matter of fact, it's like more 'briton gens' can be found in modern Englismen than in 'real' Briton.

Correct me please (but with facts) if I'm wrong.

Quote[/b] ] but as I know Britons are not (classified as) a nation but (as) an ethnic group or minority

we are like the scottish people, the irish people and the welsh people. if you want some informations ask to them.

the SNP or the plaid cymru will be happy to inform you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_nations

btw "Briton" is not referred for the modern people of Brittany or Wales but to the group of celtic peoples before the roman conquest.

Quote[/b] ]as you as it seems don't know much or anything about those nations you're mentioning)

you have read one line and decided that i'm an ignorant. well done.

for your information: when i don't know something, i don't write and and i don't speak about that.

Quote[/b] ]and if we follow your mentalities: the Slovenians,the people of Slovaquia, the Latvians, the Estonians should have disappeared.

i meant that they cultures, languages would be dead. and the simple fact of being a people

we are like the scottish people, the irish people and the welsh people. if you want some informations ask to them.

btw "Briton" is not referred for the modern people of Brittany or Wales but to the group of celtic peoples before the roman conquest.

As I know Briton is also a member of a Brittonic-speaking people. But sorry, my mistake, I ment Breton. Is that better?

And as I know Bri/etons were christianed Viking settlers (and with/from here related blood mixing with tribes like Brits and Saxons) which populated that region, along with some parts of british island and Grenland, so, they were not natives there, and of course they all are disappear long ago in so called 'culture mixing', so now we have some 'new kids on the block' there (Englishmen and (not so genuine) Bri/etons for instance).

But don't mind me mate, as I said, I don't know much about this to debate, so whatever you'll answer I won't reply.

Quote[/b] ]you have read one line and decided that i'm an ignorant. well done.

I didn't say you're ignorant, I'm just saying you don't know much or anything about those nations. But kudos to you not mixing or equalising Slovenians and Slovaks. Maybe you can even find those nations' countries on the map. I know many europeans can't, thou all mentioned nations/countries are members of EU, and Slovenia will lead presidency of EU in first half of the next year.

Quote[/b] ]for your information: when i don't know something, i don't write and and i don't speak about that..

Well, don't be so sure. Being so sure in/about everything is also a sign of ignorance. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]and if we follow your mentalities: the Slovenians,the people of Slovaquia, the Latvians, the Estonians should have  disappeared.

i meant that they cultures, languages would be dead. and the simple fact of being a people

Sorry but I still don't understand what do you mean. Why, because of what their cultures, languages would be dead?

And in my book you're comparing/equalising things which don't go along (an ethnicity with fully formed nations).

Quote[/b] ]And in my book you're comparing/equalising things which don't go along (an ethnicity with fully formed nations).

yeah sure, these peoples are only Slavic or Finno-ugric peoples. pff; stupidity. the melting pot mate, don't forget the melting pot.

Quote[/b] ]And as I know Bri/etons were christianed Viking settlers

thx, that really amused me rofl.gif

give your definition of a nation. please, I want to still laugh

Quote[/b] ]for your information: when i don't know something, i don't write and and i don't speak about that..

Well, don't be so sure. Being so sure in/about everything is also a sign of ignorance

if I am ingorant in all thing, I do not manage to imagine your level

Quote[/b] ]But don't mind me mate, as I said, I don't know much about this to debate, so whatever you'll answer I won't reply

why have answered in this topic in this case. you are at least ignorant of propriety

Quote[/b] ] but as I know Britons are not (classified as) a nation but (as) an ethnic group or minority

What do you mean?

@ D@ante - Is that all you got, 'breton'? You've disappointend me.

And FYI I answered just and only because of one of your quite stupid statement;

Quote[/b] ]and if we follow your mentalities: the Slovenians,the people of Slovaquia, the Latvians, the Estonians should have  disappeared.

which even haden't any in common with the related/quoted post and theme, that's all, 'breton'. I asked you to explain, but ... who do I fooling.

What do you mean?

Are you expecting an (adequate) answer from D@nte?

What do you mean?

a nation

mmm... no... 'we' don't want independence... as always, the minority claims to be speaking for the majority. Regionalism and communautarism are a stupid trend...

mmmm. Yes, "we" do.

Too many in living memory have fought and died for it.

The reason we haven't been given a referendum, is not because everyone will vote for federalism.

It is because everyone will vote for independance.

The U.K. majority is in favour of independance. (Much to our governments chagrin).

"You" may not want it, but we as a nation do.

Why would anyone prefer dependance anyway?

Regionalism is the only way democracy works well.

The flaw of democracy is it's dispossesion of minorities.

The larger the democracy the larger the minorities.

The greater the number of politically dispossesed.

We don't want greater centralisation.

Ask former eastern block members what they think of centralised government.

mmmm.   Yes, "we" do.

Too many in living memory have fought and died for it.

The reason we haven't been given a referendum, is not because everyone will vote for federalism.

It is because everyone will vote for independance.

The U.K. majority is in favour of independance. (Much to our governments chagrin).

"You" may not want it, but we as a nation do.

Why would anyone prefer dependance anyway?

Regionalism is the only way democracy works well.

The flaw of democracy is it's dispossesion of minorities.

The larger the democracy the larger the minorities.

The greater the number of politically dispossesed.

We don't want greater centralisation.

Ask former eastern block members what they think of centralised government.

What are you on about? D@nte is talking about an area in France not the UK.