Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

Let's see..

With the Allies, they liberated Western Europe from the Nazis, much of Asia from the Japanese, Panama from Noriega, Iraq from Saddam but the verdict is still out whether this is going to be successful.

We've had some failures, too. After the Japanese surrender, China went to the Reds; we had to wait 45 years to finally get the Communists out of Eastern Europe. Vietnam was lost to the Communists (and to the corruption of the South Vietnamese leaders). Burma and Laos have yet to be liberated. And let's not talk about Cuba...

But generally, America has been a force for good. We always have the best intentions...

Look at World War II and the answer is self evident. If we had not gone to war against Hitler and Tojo, what shape would the world and the US be in today?

I honestly think as Americans we need to get out of the middle east and let them kill themselves. Then if they attack US make their country a parking lot. That would make other countries think again before attacking us.

Next time Britain gets involved in a war or needs our help we need to remind them how they let a terrorist go to gain oil rights from Libya by BP. And tell them go F themselves.

We need to get out of the UN and let the whiney cry baby Euros take charge of policing the world for awhile. We are tired of our kids blood being spilled for your lack of action and 500,000 resolutions of stupidity. You wanna be in charge so be it.

We need to give back the statue of Liberty because the French have whined about us every since we took the damn thing.

We need to slowly ween ourselves off foreign products and start investing in US made products and companies.

We need to Stand besides Israel and Explain to all these Non religious Eurotrash countries Jerusalem is the holy land. Period.

Did I forget anything?

Edited by njmatrix

EgVIei87oFo

You can't make such mistakes, Mr. President, unless: 1) Standards are going down the drain; 2) It was a set-up to discredit you.

;)

satire?

The section about Israel was a dead giveaway.

No-one in their right minds would really think like that.

Seriously, don't you americans have better things to do than to argue if Obama is born in the US?

He is your elected President, so go and support him while he is. Instead of that the republicans are constantly trying to sabotage him, block him and insult him. Makes me think that your republicans are really bad loosers.

What was it Abraham Lincoln had said? "United we stand; Devided we fall"? Still actual, still true. Even more then ever if I may say so.

People should never forget the absolute power of numbers they have, once they finally settle the differences amongst one another.

Seriously, don't you americans have better things to do than to argue if Obama is born in the US?

He is your elected President, so go and support him while he is. Instead of that the republicans are constantly trying to sabotage him, block him and insult him. Makes me think that your republicans are really bad loosers.

They are. Well at least a segment of them. They call him Communist/Facist even they are politically diametrically opposed and try to create new rules on how that is possible. More laughable still they then say he "copies" Bush Jr.'s policies -was Jr. also a facist/communist? :eek:

Then there are others who will just never accept a non-white President who doesn't look like them, talk like them etc... and hide behind the "Birther Movement" to try and legitimize their displeasure.

Many Democratic's were actually displeased that he finally released the Birth Certificate as the supposed issue has done such a good job of highlighting the lunatic fringe of the Right.

I predict 3-5 books will come out trying to discredit the newly released certificate by any means necessary -similar to that Youtube yahoo above and the fringe will eat it up. They're not looking for answers, theyre looking for any way possible to delegitimize the President.

Edited by froggyluv

Thats just so childish.

And makes America look even more dumb in the rest of the world.

satire?
I hope so otherwise I think my IQ was lowered after reading all that "America saved the world' date=' you should be grateful" bullshit.

Not all American's are idiots who can't tell what a real birth certificate looks like. It's a small minority that are actually birthers. The rest either don't like him because they think he's a going to replace the white stars in the American flag with a big red one or (and these are slightly less in number than the ones who think he's a commie) they actually oppose him on pretty reasonable grounds. Next time you want to talk about another country's politics make sure you know what you're talking about, before you insult those people with your board statements. Also the good thing about America is you're not required to support the man elected. I didn't support Bush, I supported the men who ran against him.
And makes America look even more dumb in the rest of the world.
You know I could say about a dozen things about how dumb Germans are...or more to the point were, but I'm not because it would insult every German here. Maybe you should show the same consideration for the Americans here. I don't know if you have ever ventured across the pond but if you haven't you should before you form an opinion about Americans. You may find that some stereotypes you've heard about Americans have no basis in truth. Edited by Big Mac

The "lunatic" fringe comes from the far left. Not the far right. and it always has.

Always amazed me how you all bash America despite really knowing nothing about it unless CNN fed it to you.

The "lunatic" fringe comes from the far left. Not the far right. and it always has.

Always amazed me how you all bash America despite really knowing nothing about it unless CNN fed it to you.

I live in America and get my news from anywhere seems unbiased (harder and harder to find).

And your wrong - there surely is a nutty right that distrusts the Government to levels of "grab your guns and train in the woods -black Helo's comin for us".

Or Timothy McVeigh types... Trust me, I have hillbilly extended family that fit that mold to a tee.

Aah the anti American sentiment again :rolleyes:

I see a lot of topics divert to shush BS terminology like they are the worst country in the world, America is not more bad or better then any other country in the entire planet. Anyway the way they live, we also live it with some minor cultural differences. People might not like it, but as much we need them they also need us! In short a democracy is not more than a western Dictatorship bound with rules to restrain public order! You have several options if a person thinks he can do better then rather bash or complain on a nation for all global problems.

- We don't live in the time of kings and queens anymore we live in the time of globalism! decisions are made as well domestic as foreign by coalitions and alliances not by one country or one party! You can just deal with it!

- Sign up for elections and try to make a difference because hey we live in a democratic society.

- Take a ship and sail to a uninhabited island. The system has hes flaws like any other government type in the world so make your own on your own if you don't want to be a part of it. Now you can be sure the black shopper won't come ;-)

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma correction.

jrnRU3ocIH4

Because we all know she voted for Obama..

BaxECcTjCuw

She's also not a looney toon either..

Dude seriously....pull your head out of your ass...

Aah the anti American sentiment again

There is a lot of unwarranted and warranted anti-American sentiment in europe. So I will defend njmatrix on that score to a point. A lot Europeans see Americans as idiots and war mongers. Honestly there is a bit of hypocrisy on the part of Europeans, because from the 15th century up to the mid-20th century the Europeans were carving up the world like they owned it, Americans haven't done that. Oh yea we've dipped our wicks into other countries business when we should have left well enough alone, but we never carved up whole continents and literally said "We own this bitch" (except what is now the good ol US of A)

Also despite what any of you say it was America who turned the tide during both world wars and prevented a third one, but I'm not asking for thanks because I wasn't there. I'm asking that both Americans and Europeans (on these forums at least) drop the the unfounded stereotypes about each other.

Edited by Big Mac

Because we all know she voted for Obama..

Heh, that was at my high school during my senior year... good times. :rolleyes:

If you thought that was bad, you should have seen all the nut-job protestors outside. The assholes were vandalizing student vehicles and blocking off the parking lot, preventing students who wanted nothing to do with the rally (me) from going home, simply because the rally was just beginning as school let out. Because I love to hold a grudge, and more importantly, I wanted to go home, I have no sympathy for Obama supporters. :p

I think it's safe to say that no matter which side is in question, there's always bound to be a few nutters that can destroy any party's reputation. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike all suffer because of it...

I think it's safe to say that no matter which side is in question, there's always bound to be a few nutters that can destroy any party's reputation. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike all suffer because of it...

I appreciate your diplomatic response but as far as I see it, what used to be the Far-Right is now the norm - perhaps your aren't aware of the great "purge" the Conservatives had to expunge moderate Republicans from the Party?

I noticed it most when the #1 News Show, Fox News, was allowing Glenn Beck in Prime Time to play old Nazi propaganda footage in all it's glory and then thru a dizzying feat of brain dead acrobatic logic, convince the audience that this is what we are witnessing now with the Obama Adiminstration.

All of that...unchallenged by 1 Republican voice. Thats when I knew for sure the Right had changed for the worse.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Glenn Beck:

9JnDY2Gv5YQ

...as interpreted by Jon Stewart :p

Edited by froggyluv

Aah the anti American sentiment again

I think you misinterpreted the sarcastic tone slightly, it was not an attack on the US nation :-p

Personal i don't have any anti American sentiment on you're Government or its people, nor do i align on it because you just can't put a global situation on one nations head! I think if we want to address the global distress these days, then we need to look towards all the nations involved. Also i don't see Americans as idiots and I'm from Europe my self! I just don't have the same feeling like those that think that way. You have stated and you should not address it as a lot of Europeans, a lot of Americans also have other opinions but that does not mean you are thinking the same way, i even dare to say a lot of more people here then you think still appreciating what those brave soldiers have don, but it is not entitled towards only the Americans to my believes to earn that appreciation.

Also despite what any of you say it was America who turned the tide during both world wars and prevented a third one, but I'm not asking for thanks because I wasn't there. I'm asking that both Americans and Europeans (on these forums at least) drop the the unfounded stereotypes about each other.

Although i will not disagree on the part that America did turned the tides on those wars, i will disagree and I'm kinda fed up on the arrogance of those that still use it to prove or voice their nations actions now! Those wars are to be honored to those that fought them and not to use it as a structural foundation in any further conflicts or foreign affairs of their country! Not to forget that America actual did not wanted to enter the second world war they needed a firm good reason to convince it was justified to enter it! i think it started for America somehow with the Japanese that invaded Manchuria on September 18th 1930 or 32 in china, I'm not entirely sure. At that time i even believe the US and Russia had good relations. The invasion in china by Japan pisses off the Russians, and it pissed off the US.

At some point America stopped trading oil with japan because japan did not wanted to leave, eventually Japan was forced out of China by these actions. Japan left but not without a lasting grudge against America. Now i think FDR wanted to join the war in Europe all along but he needed a good reason to enter it. Fundamental the cause that triggered America in entering the war with public support on Europe was the bombing on Pearl Harbor! Anyhow those that did fought that war and not only the US should be prised, and to use it as a response towards something that is said by an Anti American is not right aether and not respectful towards those that fought those wars. A person is respected by me because of hes or her own actions not by the actions of some one else!

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma correction.

I'm kinda fed up on the arrogance of those that still use it to prove or voice their nations actions now! Those wars are to be honourd to those that fought them and not to use it as a structural foundation in any further conflicts or foreign afairs of their country!
Where did I use it to justify my nation's current actions? I used it to make a point that Europe owes more to America than America owes to Europe.
Also i don't see Americans as idiots and i'm from europe my self! I just dont have the same feeling and you should not address it as most europeans, i dare to say a lot of more people here then you think still apriciating what those brave soldiers have don, but it is not entiteld towards only the Americans to my believes to eurned that apriciation.
You ought to read this.

I personally am not anti-anything short of anti-bullshit. I could careless what you or anyone else thinks of me or my country, because I for one know what my country has done for europe and more importantly what my family has done for europe. I had two great grandfathers, 3 great uncles, and other family members all of whom fought in WW2 and some of them didn't come back. I have even more immediate family who were stationed in Germany during the cold war and if WW3 had broken out would have fought tooth and nail to protect europe.

I'm not trying to be arrogant I'm just stating the facts and if stating facts makes me arrogant then so be it. I won't go so far to say if it was for America all of europe would be speaking German, because how am I to know that? History could have ended with the same outcome if america didn't join in, it just might have taken longer. What I do know is that anyone who tries to justify actions in Iraq or Afghanistan with a european by saying "we saved your ass" is wrong and ignorant and that a european who hates just because of Iraq or Afghanistan needs to be reminded of history. Now i'm not saying america deserves a free pass for all it's done but it does deserve some slack.

Edited by Big Mac

We've got some thin-skinned fellow Yanks here :p

Over what? Because a guy said that our current political climate makes us look childish? It does. Ok, he could have left out the "stupid" part but imo, we are acting dumb and childish in favor of our respective political affiliation to our own collective detriment.

No need to bring up WW2 and get in a tit-for-tat. Funny how an outside insult can negate our toxic differences and bring us together...

Where did I use it to justify my nation's current actions? I used it to make a point that Europe owes more to America than America owes to Europe. .

Why do you assume that i pointed towards you? :D i think i specifically said that I'm kinda fed up on the arrogance of those that still use it to prove or voice their nations actions now!

Erhm its a book, So you form your opinion by a book that is written by a study of one person?

I personally am not anti-anything short of anti-bullshit. I could careless what you or anyone else thinks of me or my country, because I for one know what my country has done for Europe and more importantly what my family has done for Europe.

And what makes it so that people would think that way?

America has many culture differences, i think a part of the reason why people have anti feelings towards you're nation is because the way how some Americans reflect their own nation towards the outside. It is merely my opinion on it, it does not mean that it is a fact! " but it counts actually for everything " opinions are formed by reflections of others. Some give good impressions others give bad ones.

Towards you: To be honest i don't know you so it would be unfair to think anything bad of you or anyone that i don't know :)

Anything else especially on this part,

What I do know is that anyone who tries to justify actions in Iraq or Afghanistan with a european by saying "we saved your ass" is wrong and ignorant and that a european who hates just because of Iraq or Afghanistan needs to be reminded of history. Now i'm not saying america deserves a free pass for all it's done but it does deserve some slack

I share the same feeling! ;)

Kind regards.

Edited by KBourne
Gramma correction.

Erhm its a book, So you form your opinion by a book that is written by a study of one person?
A book that's used to teach international relations not only at Stanford, but at other colleges in America and no I didn't form my entire opinion on the basis of one book, but the book itself holds serious merit.

I appreciate your diplomatic response but as far as I see it, what used to be the Far-Right is now the norm - perhaps your aren't aware of the great "purge" the Conservatives had to expunge moderate Republicans from the Party?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. It wasn't a response to you, I was simply stating that the video of the crazy lady calling Obama and arab at a McCain rally just happened to be at my high school back when I was still a student there, and all the ragingly angry Obama supporters that decided to attack students that had nothing to do with the rally, and were leaving before the rally had even started, left a bad impression of Obama supporters on me. :mad:

I'll definitely agree with you on the far-right being the norm among conservatives. The Republican party has seemingly been split between semi-objective thinking conservatives, and radical anti-Obama crazy people (tea-partiers) that don't even know why they dislike him, besides the fact that he's got a 'D' next to his name on the ballot... Unfortunately, more and more people seem to be joining the ranks of the "tea-party" as Obama's popularity declines. We can only hope Sarah Palin doesn't run for president. :eek:

Honestly, looking at it, I don't see much difference between the liberals in 2008, and conservatives today... Both just want(ed) the man in office gone, and would do nearly anything to get him out/rally their cause. (e.g. "birthers," "truthers," etc...)

I hate them both just the same. :)

Tea Partiers arent Obama haters as you so easily lumped them. I would look up some of their sites to see what it is they DO believe in or want before you brush that broad and condescending stroke. They had problems with Bush as well. Go do some research.

Ive already seen them in action and I ain't impressed.

Like Montana Senator Greg Hinkle who trying to push thru a Sherrif First Bill -meaning the Sheriff's office, not the Feds, reign supreme and if a Federal Officer wants to arrest a Montanian, he has to ask and get permission from BillyBob first.

Don't think so. I aint letting the Montana Militia and White Supremecy groups there have free reign.

Tea Partiers arent Obama haters as you so easily lumped them. I would look up some of their sites to see what it is they DO believe in or want before you brush that broad and condescending stroke. They had problems with Bush as well. Go do some research.

Actually they are Obama haters. They have consistently opposed what Obama suggested, and the reason why they hate Bush is because he is not as extreme as they are.

You had no problem making bias statement such as "The "lunatic" fringe comes from the far left. Not the far right. and it always has. " which just goes to show that you are no less biased than others, if not more.