Sign in to follow this  
toecutter

Dynamic USMC mission

I really fancy trying this mission, unfortunately all links to the mission aren't working for me.

Has anybody still hosted this mission (and it's also hard to get the addons as most of the links lead to nowhere too)?

I think I have just recognized that this mission is the origin of the DMA SP template, right?

In this case forget about the above.

But I have still one question about the dynamic war features: in the readme is something about medevac and so on (i think it says if you will not use medevac to extract the casualties you will loose support) - is this feature implemented or not. I've never seen it during a dynamic war?

Unfortunately I no longer have a copy of this mission. The medevac was not such a big deal, just calling in a chopper to delete dead marines (marines not deleted in this way incurred a bigger support loss). I am not sure if this feature is present in Dynamic Afghanistan or not.

Speaking of which, as well as the Dynamic War, Honcho's Dynamic Afghanistan and Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force were based on CoIn. Sanctuary and Honcho's missions are far more polished, so I would recommend them.

There is also my CoIn Coop Engine, but unfortunately it still suffers from some significant bugs, though it is generally playable.

Finally, CoIn2 is in beta testing and should be out sometime in the next few months.

The reason I ask for medevac:

I'm trying around with such a script at the moment. I thought I get a little inspiration from your solution, but you say it's not a big deal so wink_o.gif

Well any suggestion is welcome smile_o.gif

That's right, this dynamic usmc mission has been the origin of most of the dynamic missions, and the origin of the DMA modteam by the same way.

At first my plan was to make a BIS-only version of this Dynamic USMC mission.

Then after some time and early alphas i wanted to comment the majority of the scripts to transform the simple conversion into a template so people could try to port it and modify it more easily.

But, as you may notice in the uninsteresting wink_o.gif changelog , at some points, i began to be lost with the scripts as to continue this like it was i would have needed to hunt TacRod, remove his brain and study it to understand why he did some scripts like he did and why he did not do other scripts i thought would be more usefull.

Then it began obvious it would be easier , despite being longer, for me to rewrite the CoIn engine into a template by basically rewriting most of the scripts to get the commented template idea working and make accurate comments.

That is during that time some of the ideas from the original Dynamic USMC mission were dropped , while some new ideas were implemented in their place.

I think i dropped the medivac feature because i needed the slot in the action menu for another idea.

From what i remember, the Dynamic Afghan missions from Honcho are based on the Dynamic USMC missions, not on the DynaWar template.

While his Bleed to Oil mission in Lybia is based on the template.

Unfortunately I no longer have a copy of this mission. The medevac was not such a big deal, just calling in a chopper to delete dead marines (marines not deleted in this way incurred a bigger support loss). I am not sure if this feature is present in Dynamic Afghanistan or not.

Speaking of which, as well as the Dynamic War, Honcho's Dynamic Afghanistan and Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force were based on CoIn. Sanctuary and  Honcho's missions are far more polished, so I would recommend them.

There is also my CoIn Coop Engine, but unfortunately it still suffers from some significant bugs, though it is generally playable.

Finally, CoIn2 is in beta testing and should be out sometime in the next few months.

No!

So nobody has this USMC mission on Mungari hosted anywhere and it's lost?

Oh no, somebody must have it!

Come on Sanctuary or Honchoblack you sure have a copy on your HD. Please upload it again. I really would like to play on Mungari with the marines!

Here is what i found somewhere in my archives

get it there

http://www.easy-sharing.com/498165/coin-mungari.zip.html

or there

http://rapidshare.de/files/22728592/coin-mungari.zip.html

But notice the following 3 points :

-I don't know if it is complete

-I don't know if it is the last version

-I don't know if it is working

Try and hope.

But, as you may notice in the uninsteresting wink_o.gif changelog , at some points, i began to be lost with the scripts as to continue this like it was i would have needed to hunt TacRod, remove his brain and study it to understand why he did some scripts like he did and why he did not do other scripts i thought would be more usefull.

I have actually read the changelog biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for the links Sanctuary!

i would have needed to hunt TacRod, remove his brain and study it to understand why he did some scripts like he did and why he did not do other scripts i thought would be more usefull.

Heh, no need for such drastic measures. The simple answer to why there is such a confused mess of scripts: n00b scripter tounge2.gif I learned scripting as I went, added stuff as I thought of it and ended with a functional, but tangled mess. These days I start with hand written notes, it helps keep things simple and organised.

@Nepumuk

A functional medevac system would make missions much cooler, but I personally find working with AI helo transports a big pain in the neck. I'd be interested if you found a good solution.

I just browsed around in the mission editing/scripting forum, and I found three scripts for CSJ's Hueys which is looking very promising.

Here the topic which mentions the scripts/demo missions:

Huey demo missions

This is the topic I found the link in:

Topic

(scroll down to about the middle of the page)

The script(s) form this mission are started via radio call and onMapSingleClick command. The chopper lands, two medics get out and carry the bodies to the huey which then takes off again.

It would be real cool to get this thing into the template (single player should be possible at least).

If you want to do it, it would be an honour for me to assist you Tacrod/Sanctuary  smile_o.gif

UPDATE:

I have adjusted this script so far that dead units to be evacuated from the player's group are stored in an array via "killed" event handler. The array to store the deads is initialisied in the "init.sqs".

-> So far only about 5 lines of code that made a standalone version which shows how it would work in the template

What else has to be changed to fit to the dynamic template:

-> Use default BIS choppers as medevac vehicle (UH60 and Mi17)

-> at the moment the enemy earns +3 support for any dead unit from the players group - I would change this so that the enemy earns even more support for any body that was not medevaced

-> dynamically create the rescue team after radio command from player

-> search the scripts for overall optimization potential

That's not all but I would like to get a feedback from you what you think.

I also would like to get the permission from the scripts' authors to modify them.

Here is what i found somewhere in my archives

get it there

http://www.easy-sharing.com/498165/coin-mungari.zip.html

or there

http://rapidshare.de/files/22728592/coin-mungari.zip.html

But notice the following 3 points :

-I don't know if it is complete

-I don't know if it is the last version

-I don't know if it is working

Try and hope.

Thanks Sanctuary!

I will definitively check it out.