Sign in to follow this  
toecutter

Dynamic USMC mission

Thanks for the testing and feedback. It seems like I took a few steps back with the functionality this time. Ah well, back to the drawing board...

yesterday i slaved some of our coop gamers to test your mission.

things i noticed:

-no transport vehicles at the base ? a was lucky enough to catch the a-10 but several others were forced to run

-first time we made a patrol mission. we flew the apache and a-10 over the designated area .. and at some point both vehicles exploded (without collision of course tounge_o.gif ).

-we gave it another try and again, got the patrol mission. this time our air vehicles survived. my copilot and me landed near the patrol area and made a closer observation on foot..

after some time of walking (and being strafed by our own a-10 buddy  biggrin_o.gif ) we found out that we were alone in that forest near the nogovan factory....at the way back to our chopper we got the "mission succesfull" message, not very satisfying but succesful at least.

when i arrived at the chopper there was some guy sitting in my place so i had to tk him.

-lag wasn´t really noticeable

all in all there´s a lot of potential in this mission, i can already imagine just playing this mission for some hours instead of several others

so here i go, but only testet in the editor, because my girlfriend doesnt have ofp installed, she only plays joint operation crazy_o.gif

anyway, i played a patrol mission, a raid mission and a search and destroy mission

i used the great CAS feature in every mission and i must say its a great feature, nice to have some birds flying over the head, gives such a secure feeling biggrin_o.gif

patrol mission:

the patroling squads should be pulled farer away from each other, they feel kind of bunched up in the moment, but they were wandering patrol like which is good smile_o.gif

raid mission:

i think it would be nice to have 2 squads wander the perimeter and only the leader squad should be standing around, give the leader squad a setbehaviour safe command and let them walk some meter they spread nicer, and dont look like in the static bis formation wink_o.gif

search and destroy:

well like in the 2 missions before i send the CAS to scout the area, did i mention what a great feature this is, and let my squad be inserted by chopper, but CAS didnt clean out good so our heli was downed by enemy AA tounge_o.gif

to conclude i would like to mention the CAS, its a great feature, adds a lot of athmosphere, cant wait to see the final product

@ Mr Burns, did you have the same problems as rekster? Were you able to get a second mission assigned? Did the enemy shoot at you?

BTW, you could have used the Moveout and RTB functions, they've been tested. Just click them and click the map.

Thanks for testing folks smile_o.gif

oh damn i didn't knew the dynamic aghanistan and dynamic usmc missions had the same developers biggrin_o.gif

i'll see if i can get some friends over in a 2-3 player game next weekend tounge_o.gif some cola , beers and ofp unclesam.gif

Bunkerslusken -

you can find it here wink_o.gif

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~badtac/index.html

but the version of "Dynamic Afghanistan" ist outdated on the page, it is still version 1.0, go here to get version 1.2

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=120

consult this thread for updates on Dynamic Missions

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....97;st=0

greets Honcho

Hey Tacrod any change you could send/upload your Coin Coop I'd like to try it out, the current links are broken sad_o.gif

This version of Coin never acheived working Coop. However, details of the version I am currently working on can be found here (see the first post).

I am expecting to release a limited test version within a week or two. I am currently in the "reinstalling OFP after a hard drive failure" stage of development.

* sigh *

Thank goodness for backups.

Whenever I try to start this mission, I get a CTD and an error:

Operation Flashpoint

Preprocessor failed on file missions\Counter-Insurgency.mungari\description.ext - error 1

Any help?

do you have the Snypir's SP/MP support pack installed?

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/spt_pack.php

since the only thing written in the description.ext is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// include spt pack dialog definitions in SNYSptPack.pbo

#include <SNYSptPack\dialogs.h>

or do you use the respawn description.ext called "description with respawn (crashes my ofp).ext", i guess that should not be used anyway

do you have the Snypir's SP/MP support pack installed?

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/spt_pack.php

since the only thing written in the description.ext is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// include spt pack dialog definitions in SNYSptPack.pbo

#include <SNYSptPack\dialogs.h>

or do you use the respawn description.ext called "description with respawn (crashes my ofp).ext", i guess that should not be used anyway

Installed that, now it just goes back to the main menu.

when playing a mission, i had seen this preprocessing error.

If i remember well, i finally found that i had forgot to download an addon needed by the missions and its scripts.

You should check again if you have everything required (and installed correctly), sometime it can be a small .pbo that is not there despite you were sure to have it or placed in a wrong folder.

Quick question was there ever a ver made that used the Insertion ideas that honchoblack used in his Dynamic Afghanistan campain like being able to be inserted by a paradrop or by heli.

Sorry, no. But it shouldn't be too hard to copy the scripts from Dynamic Afghanistan.

Where do i get the arab faces from? The egfiles website doesn't have working links, the fourms doesn't have working pictures? Can someone please help me find them and install them?

Also how do i install the mission? I'm confused lol tounge_o.gif .

You can get the faces HERE.

As for installation, copy the folder into your user missions folder. Then open the the mission in the mission editor. Save it as a single player mission. I would pbo it myself, but I no longer have all of those addons due to a HDD failure some time back.

Also, if you haven't played it yet, try Honchoblack's Dynamic Afghanistan. It is the same concept with more polish, more options and more efficient code.

O, ok. Thank you so much! If i have more questions, i'll just ask here smile_o.gif .

Hey, i have more questions/problems lol:

I was playing an attack mission, and i wanted to use the "Move Out" command, but when i used it nothing happened. Same with when i use the Medivac command and any other command like support for air support when im getting attacked.

Also no one has ammo in the begginning, and throughout the mission, they stay without ammo, only some though. In the loadout screen it says i have several m203's, but i don't when im playing?

Can someone please help?

Quote[/b] ]I was playing an attack mission, and i wanted to use the "Move Out" command, but when i used it nothing happened. Same with when i use the Medivac command and any other command like support for air support when im getting attacked.

Have you tried to click on the map ?

Several of the options available for the player need you to click on the map to where you want your support / insertion to go.

Quote[/b] ]Also no one has ammo in the begginning, and throughout the mission, they stay without ammo, only some though. In the loadout screen it says i have several m203's, but i don't when im playing?

Certainly a problem with the weapon being added before adding a magazine, so you have to reload manually before using the gun.

This is fixed in Honchoblack released Afghan mission and is fixed in current other DMA work in progress.

Aright i got the ammo thing and the move out thing to work. But how the when you call in support? Can you help on how to use it? Cause the menu is kinda of confusing. I was ordered to attack a town with rebals, i told them to provide me an air strike, but nothing happened? rock.gif

Hey, when i try loading a saved game from the COIN mission, the game shuts down and says cannot load. I'm using ECP at the moment.

Thanks so far for your help smile_o.gif .

i think you cant reload a mission because you are using the ECP mod, that mod has problems with savegames (too many parameters have to be saved, that corrupts the savefile), they seem to appear quite frequently (its know as the "ECP-savegamebug")

this bug seems to be squashed in the latest ECP version that will be released shortly (?) wink_o.gif