Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Bosnian crisis movie project

You all can get the movie from here:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/videos/Bosnian_Crisis_Promo.avi

I was wondering how many people saw and what their reaction was , i really like the way some of the action scenes were scripted like that guy jumping of the edge of the building down just after the explosion wow_o.gif , that looked almost real life like something which were devoid of in OFP ATM that is biggrin_o.gif ....

I was also wondering how much of a ground presence UK forces also had in serbia? Since it shows UK forces down there i do understand plenty of EU countrys forces were there , shouldnt they be used in as well?

My own wish is to see a Behind Enemy lines like scene where you show a F-18 going down or trying to evade the missiles but unfortunately its a bit impossible for OFP to simulat those things ....

there is a scene where soldiers are killing civilians as i've heard, dunno if it's true, haven't watched it yet.

there is a scene where soldiers are killing civilians as i've heard, dunno if it's true, haven't watched it yet.

There are soldiers who are shooting civilians standing in a line ..

There are soldiers who are shooting civilians standing in a line ..

There was a lot of ethnic clearance in Bosnia when the Bosnians wanted independance from Serbia.

yeah, i know, but to show an image of that on the forum or a link is forbidden, it seems it doesn't count for viedos

This is a game we kill soldiers in it and civilians too sometime (by accident tounge_o.gif ) its all acceptable as long as it isnt promoting some racist or violent ideology. This is the virtual world we do as we please within certain boundaries ofcourse.

Showing reallife picture is rightfully forbidden as it might offend some people who might have suffered something similiar OR because its simply plain horrifying to watch someones life being taken away in one shot for no reason.

Those things dont apply on the game.

Very nice video, byt i hope, that finar result will be a little bit brighter than trailer.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I was vaguely amused by the Tornados on the deck of the carrier smile_o.gif

But other than that rather good - if a tad disturbing with the civilian shootings. (I know its not exactly unrealistic - its just not something you see in computer games very often)

Thanks for all your comments.

Acecombat, we'll use UK soldiers as all of our voice actors are britts, (American) voice actors are hard to find beleive it or not.

And no, we won't make an ofp version "Behind enemy lines", mainly because that movie is really bad.

We've discussed the matter of civillians dying with the development team and though some people are against it I, as the editor, believe I can promise you it will be very delecately made and won't be the main thing in the movie. Those of you who know the history know what some serbian officers were occused of after the war and those who don't can go to CNN and read about some of it, there's a link in the movie section at our site: http://www20.brinkster.com/xenofanes/ . But for those against killing in movies I can promise you everyone won't make it alive and the prince and princess won't live happily ever after.

Lenin, I corrected the brightness and contrast so it wouldn't look so OFP (grey).

RockofSL, there really aren't a lot of UK addons out there you know, if you would've wanted some other plane there instead. If you're an expert in the field we could really use your help in choosing units and weapons. You can mail me at xenofanes@walla.com if you're interested. That goes for all of you, if you've found a nice addon you think we might want to use, send me a link.

what is music play in the video?? smile_o.gif

That is a mix of the song Jakalelo wink_o.gif

Hope I spelled it good tounge_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
We've discussed the matter of civillians dying ...

Well as long as you handle it with some respect you shouldnt worry too much.  It happened, who did and why is a matter of history and for the War Crimes Tribunals and i think the  discussion of its is best left there.

RockofSL, there really aren't a lot of UK addons out there you know, if you would've wanted some other plane there instead. If you're an expert in the field we could really use your help in choosing units and weapons. You can mail me at xenofanes@walla.com if you're interested. That goes for all of you, if you've found a nice addon you think we might want to use, send me a link.

I know only too well about the lack of decent British Kit.

The only stuff you'll ever see on a British Carrier from '92-'97 (Im assuming thats the time frame you're going for) are:

Sea Harrier FRS1 - Klinks is excellant - just needs 250Kg Iron Bombs.

Sea King Sea King ASaC, Mk4, MK6 - Royal Navy Website for more info and links

Lynx Mk? - Cant remeber which veriosn for the period but it wasnt the Mk8 as i remeber but may be wrong.

Also pretty much and rotary wing aircraft used by the UK military.  Harrier GR.Mk5 and 7's dont normally operate on RN Carriers due to deck space issues due to the increased wingspan and take off weight (fully loaded)

Other aircraft of the period include most of the UK types just operated from land bases.

RAF contributions were everything from Puma, Chinook, Harrier GR Mk5 to Nimrod R1s, Hercs, Tornado, Jaguars and AWACS the list goes on.

I dont claim to be an expert on the era or the conflict.  I did my 6 month tour in '95 and '96 and left it to others, but if you want advice i'll offer what i can.

Going back to the lack of British aircraft (I'll leave PUKF to ground units) next week will see the release of the Nimrod Beta (time permitting), there are some good Tornado's by Colorchanger and the G8 team, but there are no decent Harriers.  If someone comes up with a good and controlable VTOL script i'll model one.

Guest RKSL-Rock
What about the Harrier by the Falklands mod?

Thanks the one by Klink - but its only got Sidewinders on it. We need a version with 2x 250kg Bombs for ground attack.