Sign in to follow this  
stoppelhopser

custom ammobox proxies

guys, this drives me nuts...

i made some custom ammobox models which i wanna put into an opel blitz ammo truck. so far that works. i checked the original config and found:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyAmmoInTruck{...};

class ProxyAmmo_Bedna_In : ProxyAmmoInTruck

{

model="ammo_bedna_in";

};

};

i applied this to my truck. the ammobox models are set up just like the "ammo_bedna_in" model, regarding lods n stuff...

the models show up ingame, so the proxies work. BUT:

i checked the original ural and truck5t models, which have the ProxyAmmo_Bedna_In thing. you see the ammoboxes in O2, but not ingame. no wonder (i thought), as these proxies are all part of the namedselection "ammo", which is hiddenSelection in the config.

now i did the same, but my ammoboxes still show ingame...

crazy_o.gif

one thing i noticed: the name of the model is not(!) the one given in the "model=" property in the code above!

it says "ammo_bedna_in", but in data3d.pbo, the model is called "bedna_ammo_in"... bedna and ammo swapped rock.gif

and this is about the only difference i can find to my way of implementation. if i swap around the name of my proxy model, it isn´t found, just as i expected. i just can´t believe that the name has anything to with the way the proxy is handled ingame...

any ideas?

just found out i forgot something: the proxy thing for "bedna_ammo_in" is correct, because the proxies in the ural model have the same name and thus refer to the "bedna_ammo_in" model in data3d.pbo .

but this still leaves the fact that the proxy-classes in the config have the names swapped. because the interesting thing is that the "ammo" selection also includes the ammo-marking on the side of the truck. ingame, you do not see the ammoboxes, but the marking, on the ural reammo.

i´m pretty lost just now tounge_o.gif

Sigh...it could be due to many things why it doesnt disappear.. but i had experience myself frustrated hours that it could be due to the cfgModel part of the config.

For example, if your p3d is named stoppelhopsercar.p3d and your cfgvehicle is Class SHcar : truck,

the cfgmodel class should not be SHcar: truck but should be stoppelhopsercar: truck......cos ofpengine cant find a SHcar p3d model, so no model = no hidden selection.

PS: ensure u have the proper hidden selection= lines in the cfgmodel too.

er...the CfgNonAIVehicles does serve a purpose and it seems to be to direct the engine to where the proxy file is located, but so far when i use my custom addons, i never did include it and it works fine ingame without the lines....would need more experiments for a conclusive answer to that. All i can say is give the cfgmodel part a try and see if it will solve the problem. All the best!

thanks! although it didn´t help much tounge_o.gif

i know about the cfgmodels thing...

and i can tell you what the cfgNonAiVehicles does:

as you might know you can define a model-proxy like this:

proxy:\MyAddon\modelname. but i found out if you do so, the proxy behaves like the ammo proxies of the ural: model is never shown.

if you name the proxy like:

proxy:stp_ammobox

then ofp expects either one of:

- the model "stp_ammobox" is located in data3d.pbo

- there is a "class Proxystp_ammo" in CfgNonAIVehicles with "model =" property giving the path to your model

option one always hides the model. my option always shows it...