Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

new survey

Here it is:

Features

Play as the general at a strategic battle level controlling whole armies or zoom into the action and play as a individual soldier, tank or plane and make a difference as a hero unit in the thick of the battle.

Recreation of a real country with recognisable landscapes and buildings. Created from detailed maps and utilising seamless streaming technology giving a huge and realistic gaming environment.

A multi threaded story which has many endings depending on how you play through the game. Save the world from oppression, cower in hiding or become a dictator general ruling with an iron fist.

Experience life as a soldier to it’s fullest. Join a recognised unit. Drill, guard duty, write letters to loved ones. Move through the ranks or to different units and experience different countries, environments and events.

Fully manipulate and destroy environments, buildings can be blasted to dust, landscapes reshaped with craters and forests decimated by fires. Dig trenches, build tunnels, create enforced positions.

Massively Multiplayer war. Take part in World War 3, with the frontline constantly changing in a war which never ends. Move through the ranks, from grunt fighting at the front to general, commanding 1000’s of AI and human players through a strategic map.

Single Player open war. No levels, the battle commences, fight until you die, if you die select a new role. Go anywhere, do anything, see the results, experience the consequences. The end only comes when the enemy is defeated, it could take 5 hours it could take 50, what effect could, you have

Scenarios

As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he represents.

Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring peace to the troubled region.

Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his military force and rescue a nation under persecution

Themes

Cold War Erupts It’s 1980 and the Cold War turns hot as as the Soviet Union tries to sweep through Europe before America’s material advantages can bring the Cold War to a close. American tactics and technology must defeat the brute force of numbers and Soviet steel, in a desperate struggle to save Europe from a totalitarian fate.

Post Holocaust 2010. Europe in ruins, France has the largest agricultural resources left and Britain and Germany invading to try and seize territory. Player has to conquer the other European states to rule the continent!

American Civil War 2 – 2010. Base in America, West Coast Alliance fighting off an invading force lead by the Army of NY, again for resource and land. Aim of game: reunite the United States by becoming the largest force and conquering the country.

America v Japan 2100. A rearmed Japan has ambitions to be an Empire again. A decadent and divided America becomes alarmed at the growth of Japanese influence in the Pacific and a small scale naval incident leads to an all out war. Following a limited nuclear exchange, the Japanese invade the West Coast from their forward bases in Cuba. Defend or attack the USA, your choice! Futuristic weaponry, familiar locations for battles.

Europe v America 2070. A fully United European Superstate and the USA clash in Africa over control of the oil and gem resources. Each controls part of the continent and has large forces available. The aim is to invade quickly and seize control before the other side can reinforce. Satellite weapons, lasers, fast moving open combat.

Allies v Russia 1945. Germany has surrendered, Stalin has seized Berlin. Instead of backing off, the Allies unite with what is left of Hitlers shattered war machine and head for Moscow. World War 3 has begun. Starts with all the units in historically accurate positions. Allies have access to the German secret weapons, V3’s etc and the Russians have their “supertank†divisions…

From www.opflash.org

smile_o.gif

i like the sound of:

Allies v Russia 1945.

could make for some really epic gritty battles, but then I'm a big fan of ww2 stuff...

Eww, alot of rubish there, especialy those RTS type options and the futuristic apocalipse post holocaust stuff crazy_o.gif .

I just want a huge realistic war where we play in the field, just like OPF but better in all possible aspects smile_o.gif .

What you have under "Themes" is a survey for a NON-Flashpoint game, not for the OFP sequel.

As for the rest of it, it all sounds so good that it is very hard to decide.  smile_o.gif

Mostly, I think they should remain faithful to the OFP formula and just add mid-game joining and the ability to host persistent games, on-going battles.

MMOFPS sounds good, but that stuff sometimes comes at the cost of good graphics and hit detection. We should probably have Vegas from @War tell us how the hit detection is in WW2Online.

Quote[/b] ]Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

sounds good.. even the features - I just hope they don't make it overly "realistic" as it's only a game and it would leave out alot of players

uzi, you haven't been in the community long enough to talk tounge_o.gif

check top of post url for now

I think it's a codem thing.. but seeing as codem doesn't work terribly well most of us will never see it

I know - I was hoping someone had a link to the actual survey. I have the Code M login and stuff, but if I got the newsletter it was caught in a spam filter.

These I like...

Quote[/b] ]Features

Recreation of a real country with recognisable landscapes and buildings. Created from detailed maps and utilising seamless streaming technology giving a huge and realistic gaming environment.

Experience life as a soldier to it’s fullest. Join a recognised unit. Drill, guard duty, write letters to loved ones. Move through the ranks or to different units and experience different countries, environments and events.

Scenarios

Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring peace to the troubled region.

Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

Themes

Cold War Erupts It’s 1980 and the Cold War turns hot as as the Soviet Union tries to sweep through Europe before America’s material advantages can bring the Cold War to a close. American tactics and technology must defeat the brute force of numbers and Soviet steel, in a desperate struggle to save Europe from a totalitarian fate.

Quote[/b] ]Here it is:

Features

Play as the general at a strategic battle level controlling whole armies or zoom into the action and play as a individual soldier, tank or plane and make a difference as a hero unit in the thick of the battle.

I liked this very much. I see it as a kind of Flight Sim (on par with Falcon 4.0 and Commanche/Hokum) where you get a whole overview of a war and have the option to jump into any unit or command position any time you want.

Quote[/b] ]

Of course! Who wouldn't want this?

Quote[/b] ]A multi threaded story which has many endings depending on how you play through the game. Save the world from oppression, cower in hiding or become a dictator general ruling with an iron fist.

Meh.. not terribly interested. I don't play OFP for the gripping campaigns - I would play a game withe a dynamic campaign, though.

Quote[/b] ]Experience life as a soldier to it’s fullest. Join a recognised unit. Drill, guard duty, write letters to loved ones. Move through the ranks or to different units and experience different countries, environments and events.

This intrigues me very much. I voted for this quite highly. If they do it, they'd better do it right, though.

Quote[/b] ]Fully manipulate and destroy environments, buildings can be blasted to dust, landscapes reshaped with craters and forests decimated by fires. Dig trenches, build tunnels, create enforced positions.

Would be cool, but low on my wish list.

Quote[/b] ]Massively Multiplayer war. Take part in World War 3, with the frontline constantly changing in a war which never ends. Move through the ranks, from grunt fighting at the front to general, commanding 1000’s of AI and human players through a strategic map.

This could be cool if it's done right. I think it would be a mistake to just dump hundreds of people inside a battlefield without structure. If you give them some sort of incentive to follow orders and not be Rambos, then it might be very, very cool.

Quote[/b] ]Single Player open war. No levels, the battle commences, fight until you die, if you die select a new role. Go anywhere, do anything, see the results, experience the consequences. The end only comes when the enemy is defeated, it could take 5 hours it could take 50, what effect could, you have

This could be the single greatest feature, IMHO. I am a single player first, a multi player second. This would give me hours and hours of constant enjoyment.

Scenarios

Quote[/b] ]As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he represents.

Blah. That's a horrible storyline. I'd rather invade Syria or Iran (virtually, of course). This plotline sounds like a bad Ben Affleck movie.

Quote[/b] ]Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring peace to the troubled region.

Though I'd love to see anything having to do with Africa, this was my second choice. I'd rather my mod team do this instead of people who may not be as interested. Besides, I can't see such a scenario being widely popular. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

This was my top pick. This would be awesome, but I wouldn't limit it to Taiwan. How about Pacific Russia? Take part in a Chinese seige of Vladivostok. Battle along the Amur River. So much can be done with this and I think it's interesting enough to have wide appeal.

Quote[/b] ]As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his military force and rescue a nation under persecution

Meh. Doesn't strike me as particularly inspired.

Quote[/b] ]Themes

This is the best scenario represented here. A classic good vs. bad and something everyone can relate to, I think.

Quote[/b] ]Post Holocaust 2010. Europe in ruins, France has the largest agricultural resources left and Britain and Germany invading to try and seize territory. Player has to conquer the other European states to rule the continent!

Yawn. Despite what you may think, I doubt many Americans would buy this game just to shoot the French.

Quote[/b] ]American Civil War 2 – 2010. Base in America, West Coast Alliance fighting off an invading force lead by the Army of NY, again for resource and land. Aim of game: reunite the United States by becoming the largest force and conquering the country.

Yawn. Quite implausible.

Quote[/b] ]America v Japan 2100. A rearmed Japan has ambitions to be an Empire again. A decadent and divided America becomes alarmed at the growth of Japanese influence in the Pacific and a small scale naval incident leads to an all out war. Following a limited nuclear exchange, the Japanese invade the West Coast from their forward bases in Cuba. Defend or attack the USA, your choice! Futuristic weaponry, familiar locations for battles.

Yawn. Leave sci-fi to the Star Trek people.

Quote[/b] ]Europe v America 2070. A fully United European Superstate and the USA clash in Africa over control of the oil and gem resources. Each controls part of the continent and has large forces available. The aim is to invade quickly and seize control before the other side can reinforce. Satellite weapons, lasers, fast moving open combat.

Yawn. Next.

Quote[/b] ]Allies v Russia 1945. Germany has surrendered, Stalin has seized Berlin. Instead of backing off, the Allies unite with what is left of Hitlers shattered war machine and head for Moscow. World War 3 has begun. Starts with all the units in historically accurate positions. Allies have access to the German secret weapons, V3’s etc and the Russians have their “supertank†divisions…

This could be cool. A "What if Patton lived" kind of thing. Only problem is that the Americans had nothing to stand up to half the Soviet tanks of this era.

Quote[/b] ]Here it is:

Features

I liked this very much. I see it as a kind of Flight Sim (on par with Falcon 4.0 and Commanche/Hokum) where you get a whole overview of a war and have the option to jump into any unit or command position any time you want.

Quote[/b] ]

Of course! Who wouldn't want this?

Quote[/b] ]A multi threaded story which has many endings depending on how you play through the game. Save the world from oppression, cower in hiding or become a dictator general ruling with an iron fist.

Meh.. not terribly interested. I don't play OFP for the gripping campaigns - I would play a game withe a dynamic campaign, though.

Quote[/b] ]Experience life as a soldier to it’s fullest. Join a recognised unit. Drill, guard duty, write letters to loved ones. Move through the ranks or to different units and experience different countries, environments and events.

This intrigues me very much. I voted for this quite highly. If they do it, they'd better do it right, though.

Quote[/b] ]Fully manipulate and destroy environments, buildings can be blasted to dust, landscapes reshaped with craters and forests decimated by fires. Dig trenches, build tunnels, create enforced positions.

Would be cool, but low on my wish list.

Quote[/b] ]Massively Multiplayer war. Take part in World War 3, with the frontline constantly changing in a war which never ends. Move through the ranks, from grunt fighting at the front to general, commanding 1000’s of AI and human players through a strategic map.

This could be cool if it's done right. I think it would be a mistake to just dump hundreds of people inside a battlefield without structure. If you give them some sort of incentive to follow orders and not be Rambos, then it might be very, very cool.

Quote[/b] ]Single Player open war. No levels, the battle commences, fight until you die, if you die select a new role. Go anywhere, do anything, see the results, experience the consequences. The end only comes when the enemy is defeated, it could take 5 hours it could take 50, what effect could, you have

This could be the single greatest feature, IMHO. I am a single player first, a multi player second. This would give me hours and hours of constant enjoyment.

Scenarios

Quote[/b] ]As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he represents.

Blah. That's a horrible storyline. I'd rather invade Syria or Iran (virtually, of course). This plotline sounds like a bad Ben Affleck movie.

Quote[/b] ]Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring peace to the troubled region.

Though I'd love to see anything having to do with Africa, this was my second choice. I'd rather my mod team do this instead of people who may not be as interested. Besides, I can't see such a scenario being widely popular. sad_o.gif

This was my top pick. This would be awesome, but I wouldn't limit it to Taiwan. How about Pacific Russia? Take part in a Chinese seige of Vladivostok. Battle along the Amur River. So much can be done with this and I think it's interesting enough to have wide appeal.

Quote[/b] ]As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his military force and rescue a nation under persecution

Meh. Doesn't strike me as particularly inspired.

Quote[/b] ]Themes

This is the best scenario represented here. A classic good vs. bad and something everyone can relate to, I think.

Quote[/b] ]Post Holocaust 2010. Europe in ruins, France has the largest agricultural resources left and Britain and Germany invading to try and seize territory. Player has to conquer the other European states to rule the continent!

Yawn. Despite what you may think, I doubt many Americans would buy this game just to shoot the French.

Quote[/b] ]American Civil War 2 – 2010. Base in America, West Coast Alliance fighting off an invading force lead by the Army of NY, again for resource and land. Aim of game: reunite the United States by becoming the largest force and conquering the country.

Yawn. Quite implausible.

Quote[/b] ]America v Japan 2100. A rearmed Japan has ambitions to be an Empire again. A decadent and divided America becomes alarmed at the growth of Japanese influence in the Pacific and a small scale naval incident leads to an all out war. Following a limited nuclear exchange, the Japanese invade the West Coast from their forward bases in Cuba. Defend or attack the USA, your choice! Futuristic weaponry, familiar locations for battles.

Yawn. Leave sci-fi to the Star Trek people.

Quote[/b] ]Europe v America 2070. A fully United European Superstate and the USA clash in Africa over control of the oil and gem resources. Each controls part of the continent and has large forces available. The aim is to invade quickly and seize control before the other side can reinforce. Satellite weapons, lasers, fast moving open combat.

Yawn. Next.

Quote[/b] ]Allies v Russia 1945. Germany has surrendered, Stalin has seized Berlin. Instead of backing off, the Allies unite with what is left of Hitlers shattered war machine and head for Moscow. World War 3 has begun. Starts with all the units in historically accurate positions. Allies have access to the German secret weapons, V3’s etc and the Russians have their “supertank†divisions…

This could be cool. A "What if Patton lived" kind of thing. Only problem is that the Americans had nothing to stand up to half the Soviet tanks of this era.

I totally agree with you on all points m8 wink_o.gif

the sci-fi stuff that must be a joke I hope 2100 crazy_o.gif

Also it would be a waste of time if they cancel the sci-fi stuff the release would also some months earlyer wink_o.gif

The scenarios are all very nice but the theme's they came up with are a bit cheap and a bit too Sci-Fi. I would rather play themes of the moment instead of themes in 2070.

Dev's: Please don't let this game turn into a Sci-Fi game sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

American Civil War 2 – 2010. Base in America, West Coast Alliance fighting off an invading force lead by the Army of NY, again for resource and land. Aim of game: reunite the United States by becoming the largest force and conquering the country.

How the hell do they come up with this crazy_o.gif

As for a theme: I think the war on terrorism would be a cool theme with some "what if" scenarios like invading the middle east together with Israel and sweep it clean in one big Blitzkrieg, with Merkava's and Abrams driving through the desert from Israel to Afghanistan. Maybe some Marine Task Force's that fight their way through northern Africa.

Now that's a theme wink_o.gif

i like some stuff in there but then all the themes are just **** !!!

Ofp was not made to be for an RTS style game  crazy_o.gif

erm dont need ww2 things ofp has that already.. erm cold war narr ofp already has the cold war...

In the end when I think of OFP 2, all I want to see is an updated graphics engine, with engine limitations fixed, a new REALISTIC story (not some far fetched 2070 conflict) new units for that storyline and more of the same that made OFP a success. Something modern like 2006 at least..

Not some drastic change from OFPs gameplay into some scripted, unreplayable game

Just wondering where did the vietnam idea go...

I liked the Idea about NATO (notice emphasis not on USA v world) V hyperpower China in taiwan. Good story as would be a "what if" scenario with a soviet invasion of Germany in 1989.

Dynamic campaign good as is "Soldier Career" idea although i dont like the idea of going to the bog and eating in a computer game crazy_o.gif

Good god. YES! YES! YES!

No more levels. One big gigantic dynamic mission. Total freedom. I currently have to settle for CTI or TYS' Unscripted Vietnam war for this kind of experience. I really hope BIS decides to support this sort of format natively in the released product. I'm not talking about turning OFP into a battlefield clone, but I really like playing a longer mission in which the AI is truly free to assess and perform a huge variety of tasks and a truly open ended mission structure. Some people might not like that extra requirement to think for themselves, however I'd love it. Being allowed to save the game however would be a must.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Play as the general at a strategic battle level controlling whole armies or zoom into the action and play as a individual soldier, tank or plane and make a difference as a hero unit in the thick of the battle.

I think this is a great feature too, reminds me of the command engine. The success of COC to me indicates that a fair amount of people want this type of thing natively supported as well. It just adds a lot more dimension to the gameplay. This would make multiplayer a lot more interesting.

This is similar to the Jagged Alliance 2 storyline only in more temperate climate which is great. So I automatically favor this one. Anyting that gets me a bit closer to experiencing something like that in OFP is a good thing.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ] 

How the hell do they come up with this  

Sounds a lot like those supposed predictions by that John Titor charater who says that there's going to be a civil war around 2010. You can't possibly tell me that in 10 years we're going to have sci fi laser guns however. It seems very very unlikely.

smile_o.gif This Russia invading Europe stuff reminds me at a Book i read some time ago. It was Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.

biggrin_o.gif By reading this Book you cane become an Idea of what a total "conventional" War would mean.If Flashpoint 2 will bring that "thrill" as it is in that Story,than it will be a gaming experience never seen before.

Well, actually it's quite good that we here ANYTHING about OFP 2, but this news makes me, somehow, sad. sad_o.gif

It shows me, that BIS has no real idea, how OFP 2 will look like. If they put things like "destroy enviroment" in there, I think they even haven't startet with the new engine, because you need much code for that. sad_o.gif

And many of the scenarios are very "cheap" (I would say in german), looks like someone took a pencil and a piece of paper and wrote them down in 5 minutes, just these standart scenarios.

Don't understand me wrong BIS, you've done amazing work for OFP, but at the moment I'm really scared of OFP 2 going to be a flop.

In the end something productive:

I like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

idea most smile_o.gif

that's not ofp, that is a big battlefield

old, modern, nearby & sci fi (I don't like the last one but others yes)

stay in ofp's spirit sad_o.gif

are you sure config spec' stay the same? 2ghz seems to be very light to simulate 1000 ai