Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

The Unholy Cult

Hmm, another little problem. There are three required addons listed in the readme (Zombiemod Zombies, Overturned Bus and Graves) without a download link... Now I'm guessing that the graves and zombies are in the unified zombiepack, but I can't find the overturned bus anywhere (it was available on ofpcentral.com, but that site is down). I'm getting the following error message:

Clicky!

Apparantly, the vampires are also missing... I have General Barron's vampire addon, but the name of the pbo is GENB_vamps. Help!

Incidentally, I did get to see the first part of the intro. Excellent stuff, the silhouettes of the impaled bodies were great. Were those 2d images btw?

edit: I have the vampires now, thanks for that link:)

Heh, great mission, didnt finish it yet, but i really love those accents, it was made really clear where everyone was from wink_o.gif

Also liked the thingy about Firelord in the intro, "vision" like thingys where cool aswell  tounge2.gif

Ah well, GJ on everything, gonna try to finish it tomorrow  smile_o.gif

At the moment of writing the readme I didn't know the Farmland mod had moved the site all addon can be found here (including the overturned bus) smile_o.gif

Excellent! Please disregard the pm's wink_o.gif

I haven't played the mission yet, only watched the intro and read the briefing. Judging by the looks of Powel, I fear that the accent of his voiceover may be somewhat inappropriate wink_o.gif Well, I'll wait and see.

BEWARE, HERE BE SPOILERS!

Ok, I've given the mission a go and so far, I've reached the ghost town. A few remarks/bug reports:

1. The intro is great! However, in the scene with all the impaled people the weather changes very fast from sunny to overcast/sunset. That's not a problem, actually it's quite dramatic. The problem is, when the scene fades out, the weather changes back to sunny in an instant. Just a small glitch.

2. In the chopper scene, right after Otto says his line about the bogeyman shitting himself, Hans' voiceover isn't played. The subtitles still show though.

3. The first 'retry' is just a second too soon. It interrupts Otto's line, which causes him to repeat himself. Sounds a bit strange.

4. Once you get to the docks to grab your stuff, you can notice Hans's clone walking around. Kind of confusing, cause he should be at the research camp.

5. When you're in the car with Otto, it takes him too long to respond. This makes the conversation seem a bit awkward.

6. And now for the biggest flaw: where the hell is that CAR?? It's not near the fisherman, it's not at the camp (or at least I couldn't find it...)... I had to take the bike to the mansion, where I still couldn't enter the cars. Bah.

7. After the mansion scene, something odd happened. I decided to go to the 2nd research camp by bike, but something made me stop at the village at GA 37. There, I found an empty car (which I could enter). Not far from there, a chap was standing in the tall grass, doing nothing. I couldn't talk to him or anything, so I just stole his car:)

8. Meeting Powel. If you already have a weapon in your hands (got an AK at the mansion), you don't get the shotgun. Too bad, had to reload a save to get it.

9. When you meet Hans after the hound encounter at the 2nd research camp, he shouts that the hounds are already here. Sadly, it took over a minute for the hounds to appear. This kind of destroys the sense of urgency...

10. Once the zombies attack the first research camp, I have to go to the Ghost Town. I decided to take a shorter route, which passed through the camp at GA37. There, I bumped into a pack of hounds. They were not on fire but they were indestructible... until I got out of the car. Was I supposed to meet them there? Or was that a spawning point or something similar? One last thing: I got a funky error message at the top of my screen when the dogs tried to attack me in the car. Something about fire damage.

11. The ghost town... some funky stuff there smile_o.gif I managed to destroy the evil bastards with some good ol' road rage and a HMMV. Once the last bad guy got a taste of my tires, the screen blacked out and I got 'teleported' to some kind of ritual. Was that supposed to happen? Or did that happen because I was in a car?

Phew, quite a lot of points. They may sound harsh, but let me tell you: the mission is very enjoyable smile_o.gif Especially the voice acting, hehe.

regards,

X.

any other links for BRG_Cult addon i cant download from rapidshare i get a error "ERROR: please enable javascript."

what does that mean?

You can find BRG_cult.pbo here. Btw Berg, if my hosting the file is a problem, just drop me a line and I'll remove it.

regards,

X.

Hmm. I'm getting this error when I start mission and OFP crashes to the desktop. confused_o.gif

erro2xl.jpg

Perhaps a corrupt download caused this, there is absolutly nothing wrong with intro1.paa if you try to download from the link above from Xawery please use an download program that can resume files like flashget because I had this to once when I tried to download the voices. smile_o.gif

it was available on ofpcentral.com, but that site is down

Thats because I had to change to .co.uk after being fucked about by that crappy company Hooahman registered the original domain name with wink_o.gif

BEWARE, HERE BE SPOILERS!

Phew, quite a lot of points. They may sound harsh, but let me tell you: the mission is very enjoyable smile_o.gif Especially the voice acting, hehe.

regards,

X.

Noted the bug-report thanks. wink_o.gif This was my first mission with a lot of voices so I made a couple of mix-ups, good lesson for next time wink_o.gif.

I've downloaded this mission several times from different places. Still got that error... banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

56k, 40mb, hmmmm..... i downloaded that brg_cult addon and those objects are nice smile_o.gif . can't wait till i get the mission biggrin_o.gif

I've downloaded this mission several times from different places. Still got that error... banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

The only thing that might be that your videocard can't load 1024x1024 textures? As intro1.paa is 1024x1024. crazy_o.gif

The only thing that might be that your videocard can't load 1024x1024 textures? As intro1.paa is 1024x1024. crazy_o.gif

Erm... How can I test this?

Ah!!! Hi-res Malden!

Played trough the mission, and I must say that I love it biggrin_o.gif though there are some glitches left, and there sometimes are some lag it's still a very playable mission. Hope you'll make a sequell to this one xmas_o.gif