Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

THE LOST BROTHERS ADDONPACK #2 RELEASED

Just curious but have any of you guys tried out the working anti-mine rollers for the Puma? Their is a sample mission in this addon pack#2 (or at least I think I included it). There are also instructions included in a a readme file.

I'm just curious what you all think of it. Also any mod is free to use it and develop it as long as they give proper credit to those who worked on it (credits are listed on the mineroller readme file) and also it is our wishes that if they develop the mineroller further that they keep it available for the OFP community to use it for many different mods.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you'Re a bit late though, but hopefully the third pack will come out soon tounge_o.gif

How long do I have to wait for version #3?

Also, why did you use such a yellow sand color? Maybe a little more brownish, greyish, tanish colors... as it is in reality.

Just construcctive criticism.. I really do love the mod!

Yeah a few of our addons are a little bit too yellow. Some will be fixed in Addonpack#3, but some aren't yet. But hopefully the addon pack #3 will be released within a month or two. It is about 95% done and we are just in the process of beta testing and debugging everything right now.

But I'm glad you like the mod. Addon pack#3 will have LOTS of new stuff so I think you will be very happy with it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Mmmmmmm, jordanian units... tounge_o.gif

Your mod is great Miles and Calm Terror and anyone working for it! Maybe not BAS quality but thats only a good thing in my book. Imagine trying to stage massive tank battles between IDF and egyptian army when every single tank has über detailed textures and 100000000000 polygons. biggrin_o.gif

Hi Miles, what exactly will be in #3.

Maybe a new map? Please oh Please oh Please! I love your Israeli units but I can't stand the Sinai. Maybe Palestine or Lebanon?

Hi Miles, what exactly will be in #3.

Maybe a new map? Please oh Please oh Please! I love your Israeli units but I can't stand the Sinai. Maybe Palestine or Lebanon?

There is topic about LB mod. I don't see the point of making new maps as main idea seem to be Israeli Egyptian tensions. If you want new map make one.

If I knew how to make a map I would.

I didn't know there was a topic about it... I'll go there.

I neither like the Sinai map very much. Its hard to point out why but its just somehow not working.

The new map looks great though. Maybe its the palm trees or something. tounge_o.gif

If I knew how to make a map I would.

I didn't know there was a topic about it... I'll go there.

How about search option?

I just assumed this was the most up to date LB thread and never thought there would be a thread dedicated specifically to it. I use search often smile_o.gif

We actually are doing a Gaza map but its still at an early stage. We will have a VASTLY improved Sinai map coming out shortly that I promise you is MUCH better then the old version. But it just went through a big overhaul and unfortunately has a lot of bugs to be worked out now due to new buildings added that stick out on slopes. Eventually we will also make a Lebanon map as well once we start making Syrian forces but that will be awhile from now and our Syrian part of our mod will be a MAJOR project that we don't want to start until we are mostly finished with Egyptian and Jordanian stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Gaza sounds great!

Will I be able to launch IDF searches for Hamas smuggling tunnels? biggrin_o.gif

Gaza sounds great!

Will I be able to launch IDF searches for Hamas smuggling tunnels?  biggrin_o.gif

No. OFP engine limitations prohibits making tunnels.

You can make tunnels within a 'hill' addon, limitation is just preventing going under the map gound level.

rock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

I've made a mine and a cave addon and they are working quite well (just some problems with fire lods just 'cause I'm a noob with o2).

There are some tunnels in the BAS_O.pbo file too.

Just for the record I found great pics of syrian troops in Lebanon. Not sure if LoBo team already has enough but still...

Tank hunters

I hope that helps. wink_o.gif

rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

I've made a mine and a cave addon and they are working quite well (just some problems with fire lods just 'cause I'm a noob with o2).

There are some tunnels in the BAS_O.pbo file too.

These are not underground tunnels as they are not possible in game sad_o.gif. Only hill tunnels are but there are no such tunnels in Aza (only underground).

Yeah no tunnels on the Gaza map. However generally the entrance and exit points of such tunnels are in buildings so a mission maker can always make a mission simualting putting demolition charges on a house or houses that smugglers are using.

On the upcoming new version of the Sinai map there will also be an extensive refugee camp with realistic looking walls and security fences near the Jordanian border.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If it can double for Palestine, even a little bit, I'm very happy with that. I know a lot of people like to have Egypt vs Israel tank battles and jet fights in the skies. But I like to keep my missions door-to-door, street-to-street urban combat, especially when it's with the IDF. wink_o.gif

These are not underground tunnels as they are not possible in game sad_o.gif. Only hill tunnels are but there are no such tunnels in Aza (only underground).

rock.gif

I still can't understand the problem...

You can create also a flat landscape with a hole and than You can put a large 3d object with the same texture of the landscape and with a 3d tunnell under, isn't it?

Maybe (when I'll find some free-time) I will try something similar to recreate some tunnels under the forest of my island.

That's exactly what I was thinking Snake. A large object made to look like a slight elevation in ground level... with tunnels running through it. On top of it various objects, buildings, vegetation could be placed.