Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

AEF-Campaign: Train Trailer

Hi,

I just wanted to announce that we(AEF-Campaign) have released a new trailer, featuring the train addon. It 'explains' all basic functions and is about 15 MB. It's a *wmv file, so you need Winamp for example or the newest Version of the Windows Media Player to watch it.

Download

Mirror1(Thanks to Avon Lady)

Mirror2(OFPC-Thanks to Mr. Burns)

For those who're asking, why we don't release it now: We've got one bug we want to fix, so you can expect a release of the train addon next week, the island will follow as fast as possible. biggrin_o.gif

wagon17.jpg

Regards,

kavoven

www.aef-kampagne.de

ps.

My traffic is limited and so I would be very thankfull for some mirrors smile_o.gif

just a movie ?

my heart stopped for 2 seconds when i saw the thread title  crazy_o.gif

edit: mirror will follow smile_o.gif

Amazing..... biggrin_o.gif

It's like watching my brother's model railway system, he's got exactly the same engine (only in red wink_o.gif )

Will it work in MP?

THIS IS PURE MAGIC!!! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Big thx for that amazing video, can't wait for the final release!

I'm really impressed!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

You have to have Winamp 5 or Windows Media Player 9, or just another player which is able to play *wmv files.

@Mr Burns

I can't stop smiling about your post biggrin_o.gif

What codec is the video encoded in? I can't watch it, only sound. I need to get the codec. sad_o.gif

Windows media video would be a good guess considering its filename.. wink_o.gif

Just play it in a recent windows media player and let the codec download.

I have windows media player but it isn't dowloading the codec. It says it is but it gives error. Maybe I should download the latest version?!

@Mr Burns

I can't stop smiling about your post  biggrin_o.gif

good to know, someone else could misunderstand it as nagging  tounge_o.gif

i like the video it´s really well made,

just yesterday i´ve seen a feature about Märklin on TV and your movie very much reminded me of it  biggrin_o.gif  

great work, looking forward to the release!

here´s the mirror for the trailer:

Download @ofpc.de

smile_o.gif

edit: @Silent N Deadly

Try here http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ad.aspx wink_o.gif

just a movie ?

my heart stopped for 2 seconds when i saw the thread title  crazy_o.gif

edit: mirror will follow  smile_o.gif

gosh damnit now i have to get some new pants biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif OUTSTANDING WORK, AEF!

Near the end of the video we saw footage of the train entering a yard or dock, passing through a narrow entrance. I'm wondering if AI engineers will do it? From what I recall, AI sometimes will not enter areas with seemingly wide enough entrances, etc.

AWWWEEEESOME!  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Great looking train! Great looking island! Great looking stations!

looks very good. will the trains be able to carry more than 1 group of soldiers?? would make for a good mission were 5-6 groups are dropped off at the front lines too storm positions. enemy at the gates style. smile_o.gif

Now this is really sweet. My first addon for a game was for Trainz, before OFP tools came out. I can see a lot of potential for this addon in OFP. Keep up the good work lads. Looking forward to seeing this on a computer near me smile_o.gif

@ Oct. 24 2004,02:00)]looks very good. will the trains be able to carry more than 1 group of soldiers?? would make for a good mission were 5-6 groups are dropped off at the front lines too storm positions. enemy at the gates style. smile_o.gif
Definative !

- the passenger wagon can carry up to 24 persons

- the goods wagon (these wooden things with sliding doors ) can carry 5 persons

- the flat waggon (not the M113 variant !) can carry up to 6 persons

- the M113 variant of the flat waggon can carry up to 9 persons incl. gunner

biggrin_o.gif OUTSTANDING WORK, AEF!

Near the end of the video we saw footage of the train entering a yard or dock, passing through a narrow entrance. I'm wondering if AI engineers will do it? From what I recall, AI sometimes will not enter areas with seemingly wide enough entrances, etc.

Yes, I think so. I've tested it not very long ago in the other direction, I mean that the AI had to drive out of it and that worked wink_o.gif

But I have to test it with the actual version, things are changing with new OFP Patches and I don't want to see that we've now the same problem like with the bridge, shown in the last trailer, because now the AI isn't able anymore to use it, must have something to do with the upgrades the AI received with the 1.90 - 1.96 patches.

Anyway, thanks for your comments biggrin_o.gif

Gosh!!!!!

Had to collect my jaws from the floor... nice, very nice addon... looking forward to play around with it...