Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

Group Link II ver. 1.90 released

ahhh I love these scripts. goes well with the Unsung Command engine wink_o.gif

The only bad thing is that since I AM controlling multiple squads and other players (MP) are controlling other squads, it'd be really nice to have multiple target squads working.

Any chance of it? Again, these scripts are wonderful unclesam.gif

The only bad thing is that since I AM controlling multiple squads and other players (MP) are controlling other squads, it'd be really nice to have multiple target squads working.

Glad you like it MrZig. As said before, to fix this it would require a complete re-write of everything in the script. It's not possible to solve with current approach and belive me I tried... I'm sorry to say it but I doubt it will happen.

Quote[/b] ]

wonder if there would be possible to in the future maybe combine   script with yours keycat ?this ( Squad rush/squad retreat by General Barron 1.1 )

@ Commando84: I'm one step ahead of you wink_o.gif

I've already tested GB's cool script and asked him if I could implement it in GL II. But there was some issues with the script and if I remember correctly it was quite demanding and casued lag so I decided not to since I want to keep the GL II script "lean" to perform well in MP and also to be usable on lesser machines.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Quote[/b] ]to fix this it would require a complete re-write of everything in the script.

I went through the same thing with the Unsung CE to make it MP compatible, can't you do the same to make it mutliple target compatible? I'd give you a hand if you want with it smile_o.gif

can't you do the same to make it mutliple target compatible? I'd give you a hand if you want with it

MrZig, of course I could probably do that but the problem is to get enough free time to actually do it due to RLâ„¢ issues and to many bills to pay wink_o.gif

For our small co-op group current version of GL II fullfill our needs (and thats why I wrote it) since we never/seldom are more than 12 players...

Anyway... If you (or anyone else!?) are willing to pick up the ball and continue on Toadlife's and my work to make GL III (or whatever) you are welcome to do so! All thats required is that we are credited properly and that you share the work with the rest of the OFP community....

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Well I tried out a civilian and he did call for the resistance groups so it works. The only thing is that he goes into combat or stealth mode since he is one of the groups. Could some one tell me the command that forces a unit to stand forver? Other wise in my mission if you go to a town you'll know a civilian has reported you because he'll hit the deck and crawl away.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setunitpos "UP"

I Find this hard to put into my missions for somereason.. i get confused when added more units..

It would be alot easier to try to help you if you ask specific questions... GL II may seem daunting at first but it really isn't that complicated to initiate and make use of.

BTW, I assume you have checked out the sample missions and read the complete README.TXT file?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

As Keycat say ...

First look GL is not simple but it is.

But one THING is REALLY IMPORTANT:

If you use Addon UNITS you have to declare it !

Units Vehicles Cars/Air etc to be used from GLII

Especialy Silenced Weapons because the Hearing_Ranges

If you do not you will be wondering that they hear you ...at 600 Meters with a silenced Weapon.

Thats why i in another Post wrote about a "Lib" if other used Addons used like me Tonal-BAS.

But normal you only have to add groups and then put then add them in the init.sqs

I every time use the example Mission and modify it for my Mission.

ok i have the hang of things but every so oftern i get this error message..

errorgl91.jpg

any help would be greatfull smile_o.gif

Hi Matt,

Double and tripple check the names of all your groups and make sure there are no typo's in the init string where you initialize the GL II script.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

since the latest version even i have understood how to initialize it.

just wanna say thanks for your great work, it´s appreciated smile_o.gif

ah thx i forgot to add ge6=group this to a group lol but all is working and its quite hard my mission now biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif perfect.

I get this error message from time to time when I'm testing my mission.

glerrormessage7hx.jpg

What's does it mean?

Also thought this was strange too could it corelate with with the above error?

grouplinkthing5zg.jpg

Also here is my set up of the main array. Maybe you'll spot something I messed up

Quote[/b] ]

; Init Group Link II script

[[opfoot1,opfoot2,opcar1,opapc1,scud1s1g1,scud1s1g2,scud1s1g3,narc1],[narc1,scud1s1g1,scud

1s1g2,scud1s1g3],[opfoot1,opfoot2,scud1s1g1,scud1s1g2,scud1s1g3],specnatz,3,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

It seems to be working groups are going into combat mode pooping smoke and and calling for back up. The error message is causing me loss of sleep and appetite though.

well in the init.sqs

Quote[/b] ]

[[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5,ge6,ge7,ge8],[ge1],[ge1,ge7],gw1,2,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

; ----------- ALL CODE BELOW THIS LINE JUST AIDS WHILE TESTING -------------

; ----------- AND YOU CAN SAFELY REMOVE IT IN YOUR FINAL MISSION -------------

; Only run the debug code below on host/server

? !(local Server) : exit

; Init global array with occupied groups

KEY_occupied = []

; This updates the markers on the map

[] exec "markers.sqs"

; This enables you to teleport anywhere on the map

[] exec "teleport.sqs"

#loop

; Show occupied groups

hint format["Occupied Groups:\n%1", KEY_occupied]

~5

goto "loop"

you only need

Quote[/b] ]; Init Group Link II script

[[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5,ge6,ge7,ge8],[ge1],[ge1,ge7],gw1,2,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

and then u dont get that message on what groups are after you.

ok guys i need help on how to disble the arty.. i looked in the readme and i tried putting

KEY_ArtilleryReady = False

before the grouplink2.sqs start thingy in the init but it still comes down on me and kills me everytime..

easy to disable artillery it is... just deleting the object , unit whatever named East artilelry or was it west artillery in the mission editor and you should be safe from artillery biggrin_o.gif

srry for my bad english and lousy Yoda speak tounge_o.gif

Just delete the artillery object on the map and it will automaticly disable the artillery support. The object is named EastArtillery, WestArtillery or ResistanceArtillery.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

[quoteyou only need Quote  

and then u dont get that message on what groups are after you.]

I know that, but I'm using it right now to make sure groups are working.

I was wondering what the weird named noid vojak something group that I out lined in red is.

Also the weird error message from the first screen shot drives me crazy. Every thing seems to be working fine, so I'm no sure what the stupid error is referring to. I can't in good conscience release a mission that has an error message that pops up in the top left now can I?

@Sputnik: Sorry to say that I have no clue what the errors you get comes from, never seen them before myself!?

Does the error persists when using only BIS standard units/vehicles? Maybe it's caused by some 3rd party addon you use?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hi,

From what I remember (long break away form OFP) "Generic Error in expression" is caused by trying to compare something like a Bool to an object. Because it's none specific it's hard to track, but it is two incompatable variable types. Check to see how _hg and _nh are assigned.

noid mc vojac refers to a dead body which is possibly being added to an array via a trigger. You might need to filter detected objects.

I don't seem to be able to download 1.91 from the first post, so I can't be any more help than that. Can someone please point me in the right direction? This sounds like a superb piece of work.

[edit] Found it on OFPEC sorry wrong search terms.

"]http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=498[/edit]

Or just follow the link in my signature ;)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Wow just downloaded this and im very impressed, especially with the units clearing out buildings! Ill most properly use this to remake my Gurilla tatics mission biggrin_o.gif