Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

Idea poll: mission editors directory

What if there were a directory of mission editors, who have nothing to do, you could just look them up on a list, email them and say hey, we could use some help would you like to help us?  It gives them more freedom so they're not totally entitled to one team specifically.  Also, people contacting them lets them know the community needs them or even somebody needs their assistance.  The way it stands, these projects pop up with openings in the recruitment depot for ofpec, but who's going to keep on checking that just for the ability to be told what to do and not get paid?  No motivation in looking up a job to do now is there?  It's a flawed system.  It's more motivating if the MISSION EDITOR is contacted if you ask me.  Their confidence and motivation grows from that circumstance and they'll feel good about wanting to help someone........ who's already helped them just from that boost in confidence of being asked to help out.  If it all works out, there will be an increase in missions for ofp, as well as creativity,and the mission editors will now be able to negotiate. Maybe there could also be something under their name that they put in as far as experience goes or a particular style they enjoy the most.

hmm

k if they get paid fot this why not

but there are sites like ofpec and the forums for that

there fore

No

Dude, its not about money at all in gaming. It'd just be cool if mission editors could register themself to a website where their email would be on a link to their name, and people could contact them instead of the other way around.

Sorry to dig up an old post but I have to mention that I think this is a great idea.

Also a directory of addon artists would be great.

I'm working on a PBO registry that lists every addon pbo file known to me along with information such as filesize in bytes, author, original author, latest version, required version, and dependencies. I would love to integrate author contact info into this list.

If anyone is on the same track or if they have compiled this information themselves, speak up please. Also consider this an open invite to mission editors and addon artists to list themselves and their creations.