Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

USCG HH-65 Dolphin Helicopter

HH65Promo.jpg

***HH-65 Dolphin***

Model by Extraction

Textured by Extraction

Scripted and config tweaked by Pappy Boyington

Right Pilot Panel by Mark Fisher, edited to have both left and right panels by Pappy Boyington, working gauges and night panel by Col Klink

Required Addons: USCGPilot & Other USCG Addons (HH60, BAS_MAH60).

Features:

-Hold Postion

-Request Pickup

-Order: Land HH60

-Opening Left and Right (sliding) Doors

the USCG Mod has many many more features planed for this bird but until they can be implemented here is a beta of the HH65. Special thanks to col klink for applying the cockpit panel and for allowing the USCG mod an exclusive to the custom nighttime panel lighting. and for getting the dials working.

Panel: Working Gauges include:

-Compass

-Clock

-Alt

-Speed(both sides)

-RPM(both sides)

-Gear light (both sides)

Check the USCG website downloads page (click the link in my sig) for download links. enjoy  smile_o.gif

Looking good. Anychance of a camo one with rockets and stuff? I know it may be ficticious, but I am dying for one of these like on that movie "the peacemaker".

Pappy,

It's dumb-day here in Q8 - I can't find the link in your signature. I did try the WWW link, but that only led me to your homepage (unreadable on my computer, the red-white-blue banding makes the text illegible... sad_o.gif ). Although I was delighted to find the reborn BAS page there, no sign of a link to the USCG. I know I'm being thick; can you help me with a further clue, or even a direct link? Thanks.

lol biggrin_o.gif  my signature has 3 links

Y2K3, USCG, and Too-Tall Inc which ill redesign sooner or later  smile_o.gif

USCGsig.jpg

is the one you wanted

edit: was sooner then later tounge_o.gif i got ambitous and redsigned Too-Tall Inc. well not too much just changed the intro picture, and the background/color scheme smile_o.gif text on teh buttons is readable now smile_o.gif

Looking good. Anychance of a camo one with rockets and stuff? I know it may be ficticious, but I am dying for one of these like on that movie "the peacemaker".

yes ive seen this movie and that would be cool, but if there is, it wont be from us, sorry. we are primarily United States Coast Gaurd mod. so we focus on only USCG vehicles.

Pappy,

Thanks for replying. I'm not going quite as ga-ga as I thought; the 'puter I use has pop-up blockers, and I suspect that your links are being binned by them as they don't appear in your original post or your reply. I'll see what I can do to isolate the problem; I really want a go on these HH65s, as next year I start my conversion onto the EC365N3 and OpFP will be my first chance to get some stick time! Although why the people I work for couldn't have just bought the EC155 I really don't know - the pilot doors on the 65/365 were designed for anorexic elves...

Nice helo! looks like the one on that tv-series where there are life guards on a beach with red swim suits. biggrin_o.gif

you mean a military version

like the OfRP one?

070804_ofrp_04s.jpg

Arkengel,

Thankyou for showing us that offering from the Frenchpoint fellas - I've even had that pack on this 'puter for a while, yet never noticed the Dauphin. Doh! wow_o.gif

we used the frenchpoint "dauphin" well rather they donated the model to us pre-frenchpoint release and drahken (i know i spelled that wrong) is mentioned in the credits  smile_o.gif

edit: thanks avon, mirror added to the USCG download links smile_o.gif

I didnt know we had donated you the panther (i am quite new in OFrP and if i have known it i have a terrible memory anyway)

But i immediately noticed that yours was derivated from ours , now i notice you are not using the same scale as we (and the rest of the community) are using (1 grid for 1 metre).

Simple question: was it a deliberate choice or did we donate the old version we tested in a smaller scale ? The crew look better with this scale, more realistic; but the helo will look out of scale when placed near a 1/1 helo like OFrP's panther for instance.

We finally rolled back to 1/1 ourselves to comply with the rest of what was done in ofp, but i still dream of a TC where humans and vehicles would look like they are at the same scale smile_o.gif

edit: typo

was an older model. we plan on scaling it up for next release

again this is just a beta. wanted to get it out there for people to play with and enjoy and to let yall know we are still alive smile_o.gif

It was not a bad criticism, but had you decided to keep that scale on purpose i would have liked to know why. but as it's not what you intend to do.

If it were only for me, i'd make all helos and maybe other aircraft to that scale, because as i have stated previously, they look more in par with their crew. 1/1 scale gives the impression that helicopters have midget crew.

Textures are a bit shitty folks sorry biggrin_o.gif

Hope you all like it.

And again I want to thank Drakkhen for his great model wink_o.gif

i noticed the scale thing too... the main problem derives in ofp people....

im assuming nearly all addon makers use 1 grid as 1 metre... which works fine... and you produce a beautifully scaled modeled addon... the problem then lies when using the ofp men/pilots etc as they seem a little small using the 1 to 1 scale... i've had to personally scale addons down to 80% sometimes just to get them looking correct in terms of fitting soldiers in etc...

loving the scale you're using right now... looks amazing, and extraction mate... textures are pretty good considering they're hand made (i'm assuming?)

i noticed the scale thing too... the main problem derives in ofp people....

im assuming nearly all addon makers use 1 grid as 1 metre... which works fine... and you produce a beautifully scaled modeled addon... the problem then lies when using the ofp men/pilots etc as they seem a little small using the 1 to 1 scale... i've had to personally scale addons down to 80% sometimes just to get them looking correct in terms of fitting soldiers in etc...

loving the scale you're using right now... looks amazing, and extraction mate... textures are pretty good considering they're hand made (i'm assuming?)

No m8 not hand made tounge_o.gif

A friend of mine has sended it to me wink_o.gif

Great Helo!

Moving away from the subject... Did you plan to use the LSD(The big helicopter carrier) and convert it to a Coast Guard one?

I live on the Boston harbour near the Coast Guard wharf and they have a boat about the same size.

yes we started on it. and hope to make it sooner or later.

currently it looks like a reskined LSD with some minor model changes... so until we get the model better looking wink_o.gif

and your not off topic. you can use this new topic to dicuss USCG addons and upcoming ones

we also have other things planed like a tugboat (nothing special about it.. just to have one) and a few others but... keyword there is but... its not a promise

we would LIKE to do some other things but at this point we cant promise anything.

and we will continue working on USCG addons for as long as we can smile_o.gif

Cool!

Thanks Pappy... and the rest of the team of course.

Yeah, the ofrp one is a good substitute for now. But I dont think it has rockets and I wanted one in USAF or spec ops markings.

Im not saying the ofrp one is bad or anything, but I am looking for maybe a kfor, un, nato, or one with some sort of markings that can be used with a variety of units from US sf to mercanaries.