Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

New release by PAS

Spotted at Ofp.info:

The Chinese team P.A.S. (People's Army Studio) has released an updated version Beta 1 of their PLA Addon pack, they added the following units: PLZ89 Howitzer, PTZ89 AT, PTZ89 AT, ZTZ88B MBT, 2 Para Jeeps (MG and AT versions) and a Zodiac. They fixed several bugs, changed their soldier model and added nice features like mid-air explosions for the PGQ74 AAA shells!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/PASPLAEDI3.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/PASPLAEDI8.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/PASPLAEDI5.jpg

Download here!

there is a few know bugs in these pack that the team will fix in the next release

yup, the zodiac and the APC's have a few minor config bugs, but this is an excellent pack

now excuse me while i go off to stage massive PLA vs Taiwanese Army battles smile_o.gif

Those cool new jeeps kinda look like

The Chenowth Advanced Light Strike Vehicle.

alsv.jpg

PASPLAEDI3.jpg

Has anyone made an ALSV? Because it'd be cool to put them head to head.

I really really like that type 88B!!...couple things I noticed in the first few minutes checkin out this pack

1)the mg and cannon on the apc's have the same flash,but not in the right places.And they fire at the same time??looks kinda strange.

2)the tanks ATGM's need their own launch sound(unless of course thats what they really sound like??)

3)would it be possible for the next release to give the APC more rounded wheeles?and maybe some kit on them to pretty them up?they would really shine then, IMO

4)I didn't hear any launch sound for the mortor??,only the reload sound?could just be my system though.

other than that ...I couldn't find anything worth commenting on to be fixed.Nice pack smile_o.gif

Yes a really nice pack it is. Only thing I find really bad is the sounds.

They are often too quiet or have some weird cracks and backround voices in them. Especially all the cannon and mg sounds have this broblem. I dont know if its my PC thats causing it but I doubt it as all the sounds in other addons are nice.

Quote[/b] ]Only thing I find really bad is the sounds

Ive found that in most of the PLA addons that have come out.

NOTE to mod makers: This is one of the reasons why some of us like it when addons arent locked up...so we can change this (and or bugs) ourselves with out asking for an "update".

I thought thier AKs...sounded superbed! smile_o.gif ...Beyond the minor issues they should use MCAR for the law on the Para jeeps wink_o.gif

Hi all!

I'm a member of PAS.

We will add a lot of new unit and fix the bugs.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Only thing I find really bad is the sounds

Ive found that in most of the PLA addons that have come out.

NOTE to mod makers: This is one of the reasons why some of us like it when addons arent locked up...so we can change this (and or bugs) ourselves with out asking for an "update".

If addon makers would package their vehicle and weapon sounds externally, using the AMORE method, we could all have customized and improved sounds and soundpacks without having to re-release addons for sound changes.

But no one's ever caught on. rock.gif

know bugs so far:

soldier:

-2 soldier class not workable(SoldierS and SoldierG)

firearm

-type 81(QBZ81) rifle have 3 round burst

-type 95(QBZ95) rifle have no shadow

XPT boat

-model in 3rd view have brought underwater

-driver anime is wrong

BJ Jeeps

-using wrong name as the decommissioned BJ212 instead of BJ2020

-left driver mirror have wrong texture

-front panel still not scripted

-lights problem at different driver post

Para jeeps

-crew cant be shot from side

-muzzle flash of the MG looks untextured when face to the sun, same problem found on some other vehicals

ZSL92 APC

-gunner sight in wrong position

-as 343rdBadger stated, cannon and MG shares same muzzle flash, i dunno if it is a engine limit or not

ZTZ88B MBT

-gunner sight problem, see something which not suppose to be there when pointing upwards

-commander sight problem, see something which not suppose to be there when watching left

-the 2 oil tank at back modeled too high, it is IRL issus but it doesnt look good in game

-MG still not modeled

ZTZ99 MBT

-cant run over ppl rock.gif

PTZ98 anti-tank cannon

-gunner turn modeled and animed wrong, should be open backward

PLZ98 Self Propelled Howitzer

-bullets and missile fly through the main body

-gunner turn modeled and animed wrong, should be open backward

-recoil part of the cannon not textured

-break lights doesnt move with the turrel, kind of OFP engine limit

-gunner sight problem, see something which not suppose to be there when pointing upwards

-this one is more like a setting then a bug: when breaking, the vehical appears to be very unstable, result in difficulty on aiming at that moment

PGZ95 anti-air flak/missile system

hatchs not animed, plus driver cant turn out

I thought the para jeeps could maybe use sharper handling, they dont turn very well at high speeds and they look like you could throw them around a little more. I never drove one though so i dont know..

I thought the para jeeps could maybe use sharper handling, they dont turn very well at high speeds and they look like you could throw them around a little more.  I never drove one though so i dont know..

it is kind of engine limit, you will find it on almost all car in the game

Ok i d/lded these but when i extracted the RAR i got addons in the extracted folder and then in it WAS ANOTHER folder named beta something and it had all the addons ALL OVER AGAIN? Which ones do i put in my addons folder? crazy_o.gif

Ok i d/lded these but when i extracted the RAR i got addons in the extracted folder and then in it WAS ANOTHER folder named beta something and it had all the addons ALL OVER AGAIN? Which ones do i put in my addons folder?  crazy_o.gif

just cover the old one, there is no reason to keeping them

Ok i d/lded these but when i extracted the RAR i got addons in the extracted folder and then in it WAS ANOTHER folder named beta something and it had all the addons ALL OVER AGAIN? Which ones do i put in my addons folder?  crazy_o.gif

No i dont think you understood me , what i am saying is that the ADDON DOWNLOAD file has two sets of the same ADDONS in it , which one are legitimate or was it a mistake on behalf of the news posters at ofp.info or the PLA mod or whoever packaged them.

No i dont think you understood me , what i am saying is that the ADDON DOWNLOAD file has two sets of the same ADDONS in it , which one are legitimate or was it a mistake on behalf of the news posters at ofp.info or the PLA mod or whoever packaged them.

hum funny as i dont have this problem, or did you just downloaded both links? rock.gif

While I think the armour/vehicles are getting much better as this mod goes on...

Those soldier uniforms need some wrinkles and the troops also need some more model variety.

EDIT: And are there supposed to be working chinese faces? Or am I seeing things where sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't. rock.gif

I think i get all Chinese faces on the models.

An engineer and some special forces would be nice additions