Sign in to follow this  
franze

Opinion on Sci-Fi addons?

I voted 1.

Anybody who voted the bottom really has no imagination or talent.

Franze what addons do you have that you could release?  I'd like a sci fi looking enemy military unit bent on world domination that looks something like this.  Maybe they have their own country based on one of these fictional islands we have out now, and they be coming through in full force.  Maybe slightly based off of an existing addon, you could say that they're communists so that people could use any russian addon for their vehicles n stuff but it'd be like, the future of communism.  That'd be dope!     biggrin_o.gif  Just a really intimidating army.

is it just me that thinks these units are like the "Capital Police Organization" in the japaness anime "Jinroh" rock.gif

well not really THAT much as they are using an MG42 and MP44 biggrin_o.gif

god i want to see them in OFP crazy_o.gif

And just to nitpick, it's a Naga in the background, not a Nova.  wink_o.gif

crazy_o.gif Sorry about the mistake, Franze I'll go correct it at once... of course you're right (been a while since I played Heavy Gear tounge_o.gif ).

P.S.: You DID mention the mini-gears in the forum, IIRC, it was people of this forum that motivated you to do the "mini"-gears, and I love the results! biggrin_o.gif

Dang, everybody's going for the Jin-Roh look.  I don't mind though, maybe if it becomes popular enough we'll see it in ofp.  I'd very much enjoy fighting a new communist threat wearing those new doo dads.  It's much easier killing a faceless enemy.  Especially if they had a fastrope option, that'd be bad@$$.  Man, that future war stuff is very cool man.   biggrin_o.gif  Especially if they came in like, a black camo, and then a forest green one.  It'd be so cool because it'd be a relief from trying to do all kinds of friggin research on modern units trying to get everything right and realistic.  They just seem more evil with those red eyes and inhuman facial features, it makes me enjoy killing them even more.  I think I'm going to get Killzone.  We need a killzone mod though.  But till then, you need to visit atwar under units.  There's a sh*tload of under the radar addons that people don't know about there and some of them are sci fi, i just saw a new mech on there.  Tested it out and it doesn't walk.  Maybe you could make it walk.  Just learn from PhilCommando's matrix defender, put it to work on this new one and boom.  They'll be parachuting out the sky and attacking bases. I got a picture if you want to catch me on msn.

Just for the record, if I do make a sort of exo suit or walker of that sort, it will have to fit within the bounds of OFP's default animations. By all means I could very well make custom animations, but I need more time to understand what makes cfgAnimations tick, what it can or can't do, etc.

That "High MAC" stuff is rather interesting, and honestly, I can't say the lack of a walking animation hurts them at all. It is simply a bound that I've come to accept with OFP's vehicle class. The real question is, how much fun are they? Of course that always lies on each individual's opinion. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]They are ruining this game, it's wasted talent.

Anyone who voted for that is narrow minded.

If a sci fi addon is what gets someone interested in making addons for OFP...it hardly ruins anything for anybody.

silly.

Quote[/b] ]I always keep that image in my mind of Gundams parachuting down from 08th MS team

I keep it on my Hard Drive.

Quote[/b] ]lol. It'd be cool if somebody stole it and the USA had to get it back. lol. Make it really dangerous though. Maybe it can fire a nuke off?

Isn't that like the first episode of every UC Gundam series? Especially 0083. biggrin_o.gif