Sign in to follow this  
Sole

CV-22 Osprey

Wow MAster_chief

can u release that unit. rock.gif Or just give it me to play with it? I know its long time ago where u build it. but im sure u still have your unit on your pc... I hope it..

But again... there's the problem of how to get the plane to switch classes mid-game.

it's configged as a plane (see action menu options)

and there is something about a "boost" too...

MC, please tell us wich of the scripts you have used could be done automaticly! cause this could mean a very much anticipated addon! biggrin_o.gif

Couldn't something (Imma broken record) akin to the Wanzer be used?

I noticed that when the helicopter-coded Flyer Wanzer uses its boost option, most similiarites to being a helicopter end, while it starts to handle a lot more like a plane.

I imagine this could be done by the Osprey changing rotor position, and when this occurs, gaining a sizable speed increase no matter the tilt of its Axis.

Couldn't something (Imma broken record) akin to the Wanzer be used?

I noticed that when the helicopter-coded Flyer Wanzer uses its boost option, most similiarites to being a helicopter end, while it starts to handle a lot more like a plane.

I imagine this could be done by the Osprey changing rotor position, and when this occurs, gaining a sizable speed increase no matter the tilt of its Axis.

yeah, well the problem isn't in the velocity script, but in the problem that two animations cannot work together ( so what you just saw cannot be possible wink_o.giftounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone have a mirror of this addon that is Zipped. For some reason the rar archive only has the image in it when I open it.

You need to update your version of RAR - I had the same problem with this addon and many others - though it took some time to realise. I also had to go back and redo a lot of the unzipping because the old version of rar missed things if it was packed with the new version.  crazy_o.gif  i think that makes sense.

cheers

mick

A simple idea came to me today while I was playing with Osprey. It might be good walkaround for two animations not working together:

Instead of animating rotors/props, why don't we animate the fuselage?

With the current version based on helicopter class, you have to tilt forward to speed up. Why not to make a script that rotates the whole fuselage to horizontal position at high speeds (while rotors will remain in almost vertical position)?

Combined with the boost script, this might hopefully make a Osprey as it's supposed to be. smile_o.gif

What do you think guys? rock.gif

A simple idea came to me today while I was playing with Osprey. It might be good walkaround for two animations not working together:

Instead of animating rotors/props, why don't we animate the fuselage?

Because for example proxies can't be animated, nor can some other things in the model, I think.

Have you actually tried it? rock.gif

It'd be good if somebody make an experiment like that and tell us exactly what's happening.

Have you actually tried it? rock.gif

It'd be good if somebody make an experiment like that and tell us exactly what's happening.

Yep. Wouldn't say so if I hadn't. There's no way to animate proxies other than in a turret section. I tried to detect the status of hardcoded animations such as flaps by adding proxies to their selection and check the relation of the proxy's position to the vehicle's position, but doesn't work, proxies aren't animated. The same counts for user defined animations.

what about using the scripts the BOH Mod used on there floating mech with scripts that give it Osprey features (helicopter + plane)

check ofp.info

Hi Sole are you still heer at this thread ?

Did you agree if someone willtry to fix your OSPREY ?

Then we will try to have a full functional model ?

But important is that you have no problmes with that ??

Thx

darkhans

I've been getting this question a lot lately.

Anyone is free to edit/mod/fix the Osprey and release it. As long as some form of credit is given.

Forgot one thing, here's a PSD with the mapping so you don't have to re-map any new textures.

Have fun whoever wants to mess around with it smile_o.gif

[edit] sorry for double post, should've edited my previous post crazy_o.gif

Hi, now that i've the texture mapping without have to cry or beeing insulted or anything like that... i been playin with the photoshop and the notepad; and this is what i've get:

MV-22 Left Side:

mv-22_01.jpg

MV-22 Right Side:

mv-22.jpg

If a real addon maker like... Fichkopp will take this addon... we could some day have a nice MV-22 in some camos, to fall over the head of the targets like lightings sent by God (& i don't mean Jello Biafra this time). Let's cu

Wipman, are you going to release this USMC version?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i remember someone made an osprey which flew nicely but had a shitty model. if we could have that flight model into this osprey....

Hi, i wasn't thinked in release it Miles; but it don't look so good... the up side needs lightings, the nose needs the same shade than the downside; the wheels doors need to be well done, engine, tail, tail wing, wings, flaps needs to be well done. Release it as it's will be pointless; stomp somethin' that i haven't improve enought to stom over the Beta 0.1; my config, say's in "Display Name = MV-22" i don't wanted to re-path this addon or work on it 'couse Sole don't wants me to touch his shit; so i shouldn't... but if u want it to play arround, Miles, i could send it to you by mail; just PM me a mail & ready. Let's cu

P.D: That's not a real USMC 2 tones grey camo; the refill prove it's not well painted or just entirely & the FLIR... it's a javelin misile head texture.

'couse Sole don't wants me to touch his shit

oh really?

Quote[/b] ]Anyone is free to edit/mod/fix the Osprey and release it.

That includes you tounge_o.gif

Hi, good to know it, Sole; i've sent it to ofp.info for allow all those who want download it and have fun with it. But the textures still the same as i made 'em = not so good. Hope u like it Miles. Let's cu