Sign in to follow this  
Sole

CV-22 Osprey

Hey guys,

I've decided to release a beta version of the Osprey I've been making. I didn't mean finishing it, but I thought some people might like it, so here it is.

Please read the readme first smile_o.gif

Download - 374kb

osprey04.jpg

nice, downloading now.

does it use any fancy scrpits?

Hopefully when the USMC harrier comes out it'll give someone an idea how to implement this more fully

this is actually very nice, Sole.

ok, it has a few issues (ranging from model to handling), but overall this is really cool. With it's black skin it's a really nice SF-insertion plane or CSAR (one of it's planned RL jobs).

A fully functional osprey isen't possible and IMHO this is a very nice compromize. Awesome job. I hope someone will touch up the model a bit and give a minigun for selfdefense. Some CM-scripts would also help.

Ive waiting longgg time for this addon thanks man...

Congratulations...

only i hope make sombody a harrier...

wink_o.gif

Nice work Sole! I think the model, sounds, and flight controls are all great. Will the final version have more than one texture design? There are a couple of cool paint schemes out there. I'm sure you have seen most of them.

v-22-dvic280.jpg

V-22_Dual_Fast_Rope_from_usn.jpg

Keep up the good work bro!

Monty

this is actually very nice, Sole.

ok, it has a few issues (ranging from model to handling), but overall this is really cool. With it's black skin it's a really nice SF-insertion plane or CSAR (one of it's planned RL jobs).

A fully functional osprey isen't possible and IMHO this is a very nice compromize. Awesome job. I hope someone will touch up the model a bit and give a minigun for selfdefense. Some CM-scripts would also help.

actualy. it would be.

1 word: airwolf

you hover to a certian hight (50m lets say) you "switch to plane mode" via action menu the engines fold down and your plan is pushed forward like the airwolfs turbos.. but for the osprey would have to turn down the turbo speed. when switching back and forth you modify the script to animate the engines and althou it wouldnt look perfect.. it would work smile_o.gif

thou i do agree til someone continues the project this is a nice comprimise for now smile_o.gif

After testing it a bit, i have difficulty to imagine that this great addon is only 380ko !

Awesome job Sole icon14.gif

Honestly think its pretty good as it is, been compairing it to a Marine one I made some time back. Pretty much the samething I did with he did to get it in game. Didn't bother fighitng with the props problem did briefly have it set to switch models for landing and hover mode it looked really stupid. So locked the engines in the same postion and tweaked the flight handling, using the harrier scripts, drawback AI couldn't fly it right..

Just curious, but wouldn't you be able to make the engines rotate forward as you gain speed, and as you approach 0 knots (from 0 to say 25 knots) have them rotate up??? Sort of the same idea with the swing wings out there on Footmunch's F-14, MiG-23, and MiG-27. It was an idea I was thinking about while implementing the CV-22 into some missions I was working on.

Yeah, perhaps I know next to nothing about addon making, but I had ben thinking about that approach a few weeks ago. Actually, was thinking about a script that would animate the doors on BAS's choppers as they slow to hover. Since this is a speed and altitude related issue, it makes perfect sense, ( to me ) that the model would animate this way.

No. You can't have one animation tied to another - i.e. propellers can't rotate along with the engine.

Ah, I see. Well, I'm sure that there must be an alternative. What if the propellers only actually spun while the aircraft was at very low altitude and speed, and were later replaced by a semi-transparent disk, simulating spinning props? I could live with that.

No. You can't have one animation tied to another - i.e. propellers can't rotate along with the engine.

*|checks watch|* hmm i give it about a week and a half before this "limitation" becomes a joke along with all other game engine limits that have been busted smile_o.gif

Tried rotating the engines, the props fall off. tried model swaping, that sucked. Maybe run it through the mill at Combat see if any improvments can be done on it. The Marines tried arming one of these pigs, and found out it was a mistake and ended putting one down at the gunnery range cause the door gunner shot apart the props.

Well, could someone disprove my theory first?

your theroy coupled with the airwolfs turbo script could make this a fully functional osprey smile_o.gif

PS: i aggree leaving it unarmed for cargo, transport, and aide delivery

Ferret - The problem is that the prop-axis can't be made

to tilt forwards and backwards if it's in the main model - you

can't 'animate' the axis points of a 'different' animation.

Just tossing an idea into the ring - you could model the

engines and propellers as a 'class thing', with a script that

spins the props at a given speed.

Then, in the main model, these 'engine blocks' could be added

to the main model as 'cargo' proxies. The proxies can be made

to rotate forward and backward, and the 'spin' of the engine

blocks should follow, I think. It'll need some fancy scripting

to maintain the engine blocks when people are getting in and

out, but not impossible, I would think.