Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Today, Halo 2 has gone

Why is this game called Halo?

HALO is the ringworld you crashland on in the game. smile_o.gif

4.halo.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Why do so many gamers like this game?

Most liked it because of the graphics and that it was one of the only good games on the Xbox for some time. Some like it since Bungie also made Marathon, which has a older audience. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What revolutionary or unique features does it offer?

AI was supposed to be advanced for its time and its graphics were very good.

Quote[/b] ]What does it have that isnt in Far Cry or some other sci-fi fps already?

Multiplayer mostly, though it would be nicer if it actually had something do to with multiplayer and not a mindless fragfest.

So it comes down to the big question:Will I get HALO 2?

I want to buy it, but I do not own an Xbox. I am torn between upgrading my computer and buying Half Life 2 or just buying HALO 2, Xbox and a subscription to LIVE. Right now, Im dead set to upgrading so it seems I'll wont be playing it for a long time. sad_o.gif

But if a benevolent forum member were to fork in money...*wink*

>_>

Ok ... so ?

Ohh nothing...it's only the most hyped game in game industry History...that's all...

Half-life 2 anyone?

Good reply, thank you frenchman smile_o.gif . I think your decision to upgrade your computer is the most wise, that way you will play this game with better graphics and quality when it gets ported to PC smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]AI was supposed to be advanced for its time and its graphics were very good.

Now that part is debatable , the AI i found in the first game was bad and really buggy. I still remember those soldiers standing and not moving or following me just sitting in their jeeps like theyve got nothing better to do crazy_o.gif .

The graphics werent jaw dropping or anything just normal enough for a game of its kind smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But if a benevolent forum member were to fork in money...*wink*

If you do get some member of that sort tell him to pm me as well tounge_o.gif

Good reply, thank you frenchman smile_o.gif . I think your decision to upgrade your computer is the most wise, that way you will play this game with better graphics and quality when it gets ported to PC smile_o.gif .

I have a bit of question here for people who own X-Box and PC versions of this game , are PC's GFX better or X-Boxs someone has led me to believe that PC version of the game is shit in GFX compared to X-Boxs rock.gif

the PC's graphics are better, but from what i heard people who own the high end PC's said they suffered quite a drop in frame rate when they set the graphics detail up. so unless you have a very expensive and fine tuned PC, the graphics on both platforms would be close to the same.

I have a bit of question here for people who own X-Box and PC  versions of this game , are PC's GFX better or X-Boxs someone has led me to believe that PC version of the game is shit in GFX compared to X-Boxs  rock.gif

Well I have the 1st Halo for X-Box and the demo for PC. I don't really notice much of a diffrence in graphics, but for me the computer controls were very clunky. I think it is the only shooting game I prefer playing on X-Box over on my PC (reason I didn't buy full version for PC wink_o.gif). Hope this somewhat helps smile_o.gif.

Gearbox did a terrible port graphics wise and gameplay wise.

1)Added "noob cannons" to MP(Fuel rod gun and Flamethrower)

2)Shadding issues

3)Changed mouth animations

4)Banshee is annoying in MP

I dont see HALO 2 PC being made, mostly because the Xbox fanboys are jealous that their "precious"(HALO 1) is no longer an Xbox exclusive and want it to stick it to PC owners. They believe they need a super computer(which I didn't) that the PC has too many buttons and "they can mod their own HALO 2"... rock.gif

Also the fact that any time the subject "HALO 2 PC is brought up, the response is always "get an Xbox noob, its only $150..(+$50 LIVE+$20 headset+$50 game(not including other games to make it worthwhile) ghostface.gif

Gearbox did a terrible port graphics wise and gameplay wise.

1)Added "noob cannons" to MP(Fuel rod gun and Flamethrower)

2)Shadding issues

3)Changed mouth animations

4)Banshee is annoying in MP

I dont see HALO 2 PC being made, mostly because the Xbox fanboys are jealous that their "precious"(HALO 1) is no longer an Xbox exclusive and want it to stick it to PC owners. They believe they need a super computer(which I didn't) that the PC has too many buttons and "they can mod their own HALO 2"... rock.gif

Also the fact that any time the subject "HALO 2 PC is brought up, the response is always "get an Xbox noob, its only $150..(+$50 LIVE+$20 headset+$50 game(not including other games to make it worthwhile) ghostface.gif

LOL, now that sounds noob to me biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Ok ... so ?

Ohh nothing...it's only the most hyped game in game industry History...that's all...

Half-life 2 anyone?

Alright I'll rephrase that.

One of the Most hyped games in history.

And no, it is not bullshit.  Take a look at whats going on before you guess at nothing Turms.

I'm a bigger videogame fan than a Operation Flashpoint fan.

I know that's hard for most of you to say.

I know you guys think "Operation Flashpoint is the best, screw all other games."

Well, I agree a little, yes, I think Op Flashpoint is the best game ever made. But that does'nt make all other games shit.

Facing facts, Halo is a great game. Facing more facts, Halo 2 will kick ass, facing more facts, I'm buying it on release, and first thing I am doing is Signing in XBox live with my friends and having one hell of a time.

Well you said that halo2 is the most hyped game, which it is not. Now you are saying that its a most hyped video game. I dont know much about videogames, ill admit that, but when talking about games in general, halo 2 is definetly not one og most hyped games.

well game/videogames

I would assume people know what I'm talking about...

I dont see much hype over a game of monopoly..

Meh, theres no point in porting the game to the PC really, ive heard how much the port was awfull so i guess PC gamers who were framed the first time wont bother again, especialy when Stalker comes out, i already imagine some kids selling their xbox'es and games to gather €€ for Stalker and a high end graphics card anyway tounge_o.gif .

What do the Xbox fanboys' opinions have to do with Halo 2 being made for the PC? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]AI was supposed to be advanced for its time and its graphics were very good.

Now that part is debatable , the AI i found in the first game was bad and really buggy. I still remember those soldiers standing and not moving or following me just sitting in their jeeps like theyve got nothing better to do  crazy_o.gif

You got to be kidding. Halo still has the best AI of any shooter I have played.

I still play Halo PC online when I feel like playing something that doesn't require much brain activity smile_o.gif. I kick ass with the pistol by the way biggrin_o.gif

What do the Xbox fanboys' opinions have to do with Halo 2 being made for the PC? rock.gif

Influence?

Influence?

What influence do Xbox fanboys have on Halo 2 being made for the PC?

Influence?

What influence do Xbox fanboys have on Halo 2 being made for the PC?

The same which we hold over their precious HAX-BOX's OFP tounge_o.gif

BOOOOO

]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/14/news_6110539.html

Quote[/b] ]Pirated version of Halo 2 widely available online

Microsoft's biggest Xbox release for 2004 has been leaked to the Internet; surfaces on file-sharing sites. Company stands by official November 9 release date.

Late last night, 27 days before its officially scheduled retail release, a complete version of Microsoft's upcoming first-person shooter Halo 2 was leaked to the Internet. The pirated release, a PAL version of the game with French-language dialogue, is currently making its way around various Usenet newsgroups and peer-to-peer networks.

In a statement that Microsoft is sending only to media outlets that request comment, it admits the game "has been posted to various newsgroups and web sites."

While Microsoft says it is "currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate authorities," there has been no word on precisely where or how the game originally surfaced at this time, although Microsoft says it is actively tracing the leak. "Microsoft takes the integrity of its intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act."

It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per instance for copyright violations. "We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft," the statement continues.

Reaction to the leak from developer Bungie, whose employees have spent most of the past three years developing Halo 2, was understandably more visceral. "We think this really sucks," read a staffer's post on the company's official Web site. "Aside from years of hard work being stolen from us, we've gone to great lengths to ensure that the details of the Halo 2 campaign remain a mystery."

"Microsoft," the post says, "is currently engaged in a full-scale investigation" to come down hard on "those foolish enough to partake in this piracy."

Another message, this one directed at the members of the bungie.net forums, warned of dire, sweeping consequences that would befall any member who posted screens stolen from the leaked game, or hinted that he or she had the game, or knew where to get it. "A link… on the forums will get you banned permanently [from the forums]."

"There's no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has people tracking down whoever was responsible for this," wrote the Bungie-appointed moderator on the forum. "I hope whoever it was thought that leaking the game was worth his job."

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9--a date that Microsoft says "remains unaffected."

By Staff -- GameSpot

I think the relese of Halo2 will be a good thing for GR2, it will keep alot of the juvenile players away from GR2 servers i guess tounge_o.gif .

haha, I was just about to post that video.

I love it love it love it.

Anyway there is also another documentary type video on Halo 2 multiplayer.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/media.html

Click on the newest (behind the scenes) video.

I don't think those who never thought of Halo as a good game, are prepared for this.

They said the day would never come...what would they say now? :-P

Anyway my personal countdown began yesterday.  Now we only have 9 more days until it's released.  My god it's coming fast.

That commercial is sweeeeet! So, we're finally gonna have cutscenes that show what the Covies are up to, eh? Those Prophets look like real mean S.O.B's...

[Gareth Gates must die]

That commercial is sweeeeet! So, we're finally gonna have cutscenes that show what the Covies are up to, eh? Those Prophets look like real mean S.O.B's...

[Gareth Gates must die]

Yea man I noticed that too...  It seems like the guy who did the storyline really is spanking the juices out of the story and making a really good one.  You can tell by the movie like commerical.  Lol, some dumbass parent will think it's a animated movie commerical like Toy Story :P!!!!