Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Ideas for WWII addon makes (Static objects)

Hello again.

I have come up with another idea, what about a static addon pack? I wish I could launch this project, but I don't have the programs needed to make nice addons, nor any experience with writing configs or making objects in p3d. I was thinking of including these objects; single german MG metal ammo box, wooden Panzerschreck ammunition crate, 28cm Wurfkorper Spreng, possibly a mine pack, and how about this.. instead of the wooden cross grave with us helmet, how about making a wooden cross with different helmets for different countries. For the germans, an M35 or M42 helmet could be made, and for the Americans and British their respective helmets. I have an old picture from the war with a German helmet on top of a cross, surrounded by flowers from mourners, so it got me thinking. It would definately add alot of authenticity, to especially for cut scenes. I would never think of including any graves in a battle mission but ofcourse the ordnance would come in handy for a more realistic feel. The items could be used like Mapfact's most recent addon pack, so that you can use the init field to stack them. I would be in favor of a British/American/Russian static object pack as well, but it was the Allies that were on the offensive from 1943-44 on besides the Ardennes. It would be great for a couple of 30 cal. ammo boxes and any rounds from Mortar to Bazooka, to set up a small strong hold like in "Saving Private Ryan". The only mission I have seen based off of that movie was in Steel Panthers; World At War. It would be great to see more battles post D-Day.

Here are a few links (German 28cm Wurfkorper Spreng)

http://www.militarytour.com/DragonFigures/Images%20Dragon/Lang.h29.jpg

http://www.lonesentry.com/germansoldier/tellermine.jpg

For the mines, how about partially visible ones, so you have only moments to dart through a field and relying on reflexes before the Germans open up with 88s.

I hope some of these atleast make it to alpha stage. It would be great to see more static addons for a better WWII feel. I understand alot of effort is going into the WW2 mods as it is, so these are only a few ideas.

Thanks for looking,

Belgerot

PS- Any updates on the Inv Radar tower? I remember seeing it on OFP.info atleast a year ago.

Great job on the recent addons being released. I don't think a german base could be complete without Sam's buildings and the Pantherthurm.

hehe dont get me wrong mate but ur not very long in teh ofp community i guess

all the stuff has already been created

jsut scoop around m8

Damn I would have never guessed, especially with the cross graves. Well, I hope to see these addons around sometime then. I've only been around since about last November, so yes I still have much of the archives to look through crazy_o.gif