Sign in to follow this  
ThudBlunderQ8

Ferret news? Please?

Very sorry to hear about the extra expense. It prompted me to do yet another backup - thank goodness for:

a. Kuwaiti-style disposable income, and

b. Firewire HDs

..although it's not all rosy over here; I'm trying to digitise my hundreds of 120 roll-film/ 35mm slides, and you should see the cost of scanners in Kuwait. Sigh...

DeLiltMon,

Any news of the new hard drive? Quelque-chose pour le weekend, perhaps? Just ferreting around for info, you understand... smile_o.gif

It's arrived and after 2 format and reinstalls due to my soundblaster drivers screwing XP up I have a working machine, now all I need is some time to work on the ferret, I've been running around like a blue arsed fly lately and only got a chance to reinstall OFP and O2 last night sad_o.gif

Thanks for the update. Soundblaster sometimes has a lot to answer for, eh? Unlike you, we're bored out of our skulls looking for things to do - it's nearly the end of Ramadan, and our customers aren't interested in anything except getting through to sunset and buying everything in sight ready for Eid.

right quick question before i make it avalible.... firstly i think due credit is for oberon...  Beautiful model & textuers

Sigma-6, blackdog, Lilty, and all the rest whom have put and input into the model.....

second... question... Right ive only got time to give you one cammo dress being either

Green/Black british  cammo [edit]

Spainish green

Desert?

The rest is up to you (all are oberons textures)

British green and black. Deffo. By the way Swift, DPM is the camouflage pattern for clothing and personal kit, not the black and green paint scheme on vehicles.

It's arrived and after 2 format and reinstalls due to my soundblaster drivers screwing XP up I have a working machine, now all I need is some time to work on the ferret, I've been running around like a blue arsed fly lately and only got a chance to reinstall OFP and O2 last night sad_o.gif

Not sure how vaulable that info is on the disk to you but there's a couple of options, 1) a data recovery agency cost approx 200 quid 2) find an identical working drive and swap the electronics over in case its not a mechanism failure (I've successfully rescued data the latter way)

Prefer either the left or the right one on the pic, since they both look gorgeous.

ferrets.jpg

wink_o.gif

i think DKM has one of them in there UK stuff pack ...

or might be a newer version ?

Hmm - you go away from your internet connection for a couple of days and it all starts happening. Both Ferrets look superb; I vote for Green/Black, with second preference going to the pre-matt scheme (I think it was called Bronze Green). I wonder if DKM could be persuaded to modify their Fox into a big-wheel Ferret 5? Perhaps if I ask nicely... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ironsight: What island is that screenshot from?

It was tonal. i'd quite forgotten i'd done that screenie.

aah looky here .. long time no see mr. ferret thread, hope you´ve had a good time in the depths of bi-forums ?

tounge_o.gif

well, you already guess what i want ...

any news on the most delayed ofp addon ever ? biggrin_o.gif

Maybe it will see the light of day as part of the bushfires mod? Do any of the forces use this vehicle?

Um... the Rhodesians used the Ferret up until 1980, but I don't know that anyone else we're planning to portray did.

Um... the Rhodesians used the Ferret up until 1980, but I don't know that anyone else we're planning to portray did.

South Africa used them too, but I think they got outphased shortly after the Sarracen's. I think it was replaced by the AML, but they still remained for a long time in the SAAF security and military police smile_o.gif

This died completely, or what? The screenies looks splendid! Hope we will se this eventually...

My turn to ask - how's the Ferret doing? Any news you can share with the wider community?

AMLs would be useful too - I wonder if Op Frenchpoint or the interim Irish mods have any plans? Falkland and Bushfire connections already pointed out previously, but these beauties are found everywhere. smile_o.gif

I'm hoping we don't have to build our own AMLs and that some kind soul(s) will lend us theirs...