Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Bushfires Mod

as Hellfish mentioned, the infantry are pretty much done, just need to get back to them as they were put on hold while I did the DMA Africans/Libyans/etc. Now that those are done, bugs fixed (in testing I assume), now I can finish the Bushfire units once I get a stretch of freetime. They're done, just not "finished".

Any chance of a Rooikat 105 in a temperate camo say NATO European pattern.

Just to allow it be used outside of its SADF context and to give WAFV fanatics like me something that powerful to use on Nogova etc.

Any news on the old bushfire mod....God I still visit your site and drool over the screens....Gos those vehicles are jsut ripe for a Tonal mission!

Lamar inlove.gif

I believe development's been halted and the work has been handed over to the Bushwars mod for Armed Assault.

Yes most of the work is now handed over to the Bushwar mod for Armed Assault. We just weren't able to bring up the time anymore to complete the mod. Me, Hellfish and Ebud are all working close together with the Bushwar mod, so expect something nice for Armed Assault.

But some work may get released for OFP still to give some fun on Tonal.

Any chances for Buffel IFV relase or anything. Most from this great stuff fits perfect to tonal smile_o.gif

Yes it could be good to have some of SADF materials with Mercenaries troops.....

Any news or it will be only for Armed Assaut ? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes it could be good to have some of SADF materials with Mercenaries troops.....

Any news or it will be only for Armed Assaut ? icon_rolleyes.gif

We already made our announcement. Look back two posts.

Yes you are talking about the whole mod,

but for some of the models which were close to beta, nothing for tonal redux ?

(I'm talking essentially about the Buffel IFV, and Ratel....)

Ok sorry for disturbing...

Right, despite an instinct to keep my mouth shut, I'll go ahead and ask for clarification.

If I understand correctly, most work has been handed over to the Bushwars mod, who are working in ArmA. But "most" is not "all," and Williec mentioned on the 18th of April that the SADF Infantry were done but lacking a few finishing touches - once again, if I understood correctly.

I ask because I just completed a few renditions of a mission where you play as SA Mercs on Tonal Redux. The South African Infantry could be a feature in a few missions.

I agree.... it is very sad that a small vehicle pack was never released for OFP. I still have an old beta that was EXCELLENT (when I was beta testing for the Bushfires Mod). For the most part, the pack had perfectly working Ratels and Buffel APC's. Those two vehicles alone would add alot to Tonal Redux missions as we wait for an unknown amount of time for ArmA mod tools and for those who are poor and can not afford the powerful PC's required to run ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

SADF1.jpg

SADF2.jpg

Quote[/b] ]For the most part, the pack had perfectly working Ratels and Buffel APC's.

Yeah. I'm checking this Buffels since a long time, hoping that it will be released one day...

But since Tonal Redux and after having seen "Blood Diamond" I've put out some old models from my hard disk and decide to recreate for myself a fictionous SMP like Executive Outcomes, and I decide that the Buffel could be perfect if it was released whistle.gif

OK let me clarify some things.

Regarding the small vehicle pack Miles has, the vehicle included were mission-wise fairly useless ingame (no weapons except for the Ratel-20), that's one of the reasons they never got released. Work has been done on other variants like a Buffel with GA1 20mm gun and Ratel-60 and 90's but I have never been statisfied with them (I couldn't live up to Vibes' quality).

Second the infantry by Ebud, he made a very nice set of units but then the Tonal project and later Armed Assault came in, so work was halted on those. The older infantry by Vibes is far from today's standards so don't even ask for those.

Third I would love to see South African units in Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint however time is a big issue, not only for me, I hardly have even time to play any of the games let alone addon making. I hope to make a small mini-mod for Armed Assault around the South African theme but again, time. By the time it's finished the Next Generation PC game will hit the stores...

The best thing you guys can do is wait for the work of the Bushwar mod for Armed Assault. They are 2 busy guys with one of them who is actually BTDT and I am possitive that they will bring the Bushwar scene ingame the way that we wanted to do so in the Bushfires mod.

Unfortunately for Armed Assault. But, thanks for the clarification, hopefully at some point in the future I'll be able to check out the Bushwars kit in ArmA.

I would like to to bata testing for you this mod looks sweet. yay.gif

are you planing on giving them the vektor 5.56mm r4/r5/r6 rifle

or the vektor 5.56 cr-21

how about the Denel (atlas0 Aviation Cheetah or Sabb jas 39 gripen

Quote[/b] ]I would like to to bata testing for you this mod looks sweet.

Well I dunno if you can help them look for bugs when you spell "beta" wrong for starters. biggrin_o.gif

or the vektor 5.56 cr-21

You've already demonstrated that you're an idiot. Why would we want you beta testing for us? Did you even start to read the thread? Or even the last couple posts?

For everyone else:

Believe me, nobody would have liked to see this mod come to fruition more than Ironsight and me. But time, my own apathy due to time, and the inheirent inefficiency of making addons with only two people (only one of whom was a modeller) just kinda tapped us.

We passed what we have on to the Bushwars because we felt like they had the new, fresh perspective needed to breathe life into the project. Ironsight and I will likely help them out as time goes on.

I know for me, right now, I have little desire or motivation to do anything Arma related. Simple fact is that I just don't like playing the game. Maybe once the modding tools are released things will change.

Hellfish6, would you consider releasing whatever you got as an "independent" release, like Vektorboson did with the vehicle pack? I mean, it would be a terrible waste of effort if it wouldn't get out, and join the ranks of mods that never were, for OFP... Especially since what you did looks great, never mind what Ironsight said that mission-wise that it wouldn't be useful stuff, you never know!!!

Simple answer, no. We don't wanna release something half-assed and with that "toy" mentality that many addons have. We intended to release missions and an island with the project, and not doing so isn't worth it, IMHO.

Pardon me, but nothing that I have seen so far from your mod looks even a bit "assed", it all looks great and I bet it works accordingly! And you know, it's just the liberty of mixing stuff all up that makes OFP unique in terms of games - you can mix your mission cocktail together from a large variety of ingredients, something not possible with other games. It was in that spirit that I was asking you to release it, but I guess I'll have to feel sorry to have to wait for ArmA for your great stuff... confused_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Mar. 05 2007,19:07)]Pardon me, but nothing that I have seen so far from your mod looks even a bit "assed", it all looks great and I bet it works accordingly! And you know, it's just the liberty of mixing stuff all up that makes OFP unique in terms of games - you can mix your mission cocktail together from a large variety of ingredients, something not possible with other games. It was in that spirit that I was asking you to release it, but I guess I'll have to feel sorry to have to wait for ArmA for your great stuff... confused_o.gif

OK let me explain this again.

We had a goal when we started Bushfires which was: Bring the South African Border wars and various other African conflicts realistically in game. The goal was and still is to release a complete scenario and teach the player something on a conflict which hasn't been written much about. The fact that there are still a lot of things missing makes it incomplete and would make it an addon toy, which too many addons already are.

We don't want to release it as it is because it just won't do justice to the real thing...

I understand you clearly, Ironsight... My thoughts were just on the line of, since you're going to be doing it for ArmA, and since all the stuff you've done so far works for OFP, maybe you could help keeping OFP alive just a little longer? Yeah, I know, you must be thinking: "This guy just wants to keep OFP alive...", and I have no problem admitting that! biggrin_o.gif

And, from what I've seen from still a couple of other modders, thankfully I'm not alone... smile_o.gif

Edit: At least no one can blame me for not trying... sad_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Mar. 05 2007,19:21)]I understand you clearly, Ironsight... My thoughts were just on the line of, since you're going to be doing it for ArmA, and since all the stuff you've done so far works for OFP, maybe you could help keeping OFP alive just a little longer?

Hell I don't even have time for ARMA let alone stick around in OFP. It's not that I don't like good old OFP, but I just don't have time for either one of them. To quote Hellfish:

Quote[/b] ]Believe me, nobody would have liked to see this mod come to fruition more than Ironsight and me. But time, my own apathy due to time, and the inheirent inefficiency of making addons with only two people (only one of whom was a modeller) just kinda tapped us.

It's a shame I know, but there's not much we can do about it. Unless Vibes will make a sudden return, he was an addon god...

or the vektor 5.56 cr-21

You've already demonstrated that you're an idiot. Why would we want you beta testing for us? Did you even start to read the thread? Or even the last couple posts?

For everyone else:

Believe me, nobody would have liked to see this mod come to fruition more than Ironsight and me. But time, my own apathy due to time, and the inheirent inefficiency of making addons with only two people (only one of whom was a modeller) just kinda tapped us.

We passed what we have on to the Bushwars because we felt like they had the new, fresh perspective needed to breathe life into the project. Ironsight and I will likely help them out as time goes on.

I know for me, right now, I have little desire or motivation to do anything Arma related. Simple fact is that I just don't like playing the game. Maybe once the modding tools are released things will change.

hay thanks for calling me an idiot for a slip of the key. fuckoff.gif I know my armor I had to go to MBT Training. I had to go through it to learn how to drive the M-1. so slow your roll. now as i was saying the SADF is vary over looked. so any help you need i will provide.

Personally I think that the Buffel and Ratel were both highly usable for missions. The Buffel, if basically used as an armored truck peforms well for that purpose.

Alone, yes they are toys. But put them together with Tonal Redux SADF units, vehicles, and aircraft, along with Footmunch's SAAF Buckaneer fighter-bomber and you have yourself two essential vehicles for quality SADF missions.

However ultimately it is up to Hellfish6 and Ironsight to decide whether or not to release those vehicles as stand-alones addons. Since the Bushwars mod is doing alot of stuff from the ground up, I expect waiting at least a year before seeing anything from them if not longer.

But anyhoo...I understand that it would take alot of time just to prepare them as standalone addons.

Hopefully Bushwars will be really productive in ArmA so that we'll be seen all the great Bushfire work in that game soon.

Who knows...maybe someone will backwards port them back over into OFP.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>