Sign in to follow this  
wass24

Object not showing in viewer

Is there a point at which an object has to much detail it disapears from the viewer window? My object I'm building currently has about 8000 points and 6000 faces. If I delete a chunk of it the rest becomes visible. What is the limit?

Is there a point at which an object has to much detail it disapears from the viewer window? My object I'm building currently has about 8000 points and 6000 faces. If I delete a chunk of it the rest becomes visible. What is the limit?

I don´t remember what´s the correct limit but 6000 faces is isn´t limit...my buldozer crash only if the model have more then 22 000 faces.

Buldozer doesn't crash, it just keeps up the last LOD that it was able to load. If I'm not nearing the points or faces limit, is there another cause for this to happen?

Yes I had that often as well... I think it depends on the computer, there isn't really a solution that I know. I just try to prevent my models from reaching my "buldozer poly count" wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My object I'm building currently has about 8000 points and 6000 faces.

Models with that high a poly count generally aren't a good idea in OFP.