Sign in to follow this  
brat

Soviet 1985 Afghan Infantry Pack

Does the pack include just this khaki variant with these khaki textures? I guess the Soviet troops used "berjoza" and that "brown naval amoeba" pattern in Afghan War as well. Maybe adding a little plasticity to the texture would be nice, and those hats may use a little improvement, too...

I am generally big fan of Afghan War units/addons, but I must say these units could use an improvement... rock.gif I hope this will evolve into something comparable with Laser's stuff. Keep up the good work, Psykke! smile_o.gif

Nice!  smile_o.gif

Now only Remo's Afghan Everon is missing ... wink_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS

And some Afghans?

Aren't there still some Afghan/Taliban-Units (the one where every unit has glasses)  rock.gif

This pack is indeed very nice! Now we just need one or a few missions with these units and the Taliban pack.

Quote[/b] ]Any mirrors flashpoint.ru isn't working for me for some odd reason

OFP Info just put one up smile_o.gif

Mirror

hey cool. now i have something to fight together with the t-55s biggrin_o.gif

/edit: my english... crazy_o.gif

hey cool. now i have something to fight together with the t-55s  biggrin_o.gif

I was thinking the same thing.... biggrin_o.gif

29e25_Afghan.jpg

they look great! Some updated afhans or some entirely new one's would be very nice.

Well was waiting on theses for a while now, will go good with the older soviet vehicles I have collected. The uniform is still in use to day in limited ways, I have a bunch of theses uniforms frrom the Afganistan war in my private military collection. Using them for texuters to create units like this, but ran into the snags of making soldier units. so only created tanker crews in this uniform.

Could you put up a photo of the "cowboy" hat if you have one, ive never seen that before, its pretty cool.

Rather than Taliban, some Mujahaden all in black would be good adverserys.

The Taliban were Mujahadin (remember the CIA helped train Osama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda/Taliban buddies).  They also did not all wear black. They usually just wore the normal clothes of their tribe/ethnic group.  I think overall Remo's units are fine, however you are right, it would be cool to have one Resistance class of Mujahadin combing perhaps both the Taliban and Northern Alliance models into one Mujahadin sub-directory in the mission editor in order to simulate Afghan War missions.   At any rate, I hope Remo sees these units.  Hopefully it will light a fire under his ass.  He's a busy man, and a very nice guy, but I think these units will inspire him to finish up the Afghan Everon and the updated Afghan pack.

Also, another mod team (I think MIA) was going to release a final version of the Afghan map.   Not sure what the deal is with that....I remember Hooahman telling me something about the group leader having problems getting online to submit the final version or something like that.  

At any rate, once the final version is out, I'll definitely make a bunch of Afghan missions, but until its out, I don't think I'll make any for the older maps due to all the confusion surrounding the various versions put out.  

Anyhoo... these units are a fantastic addition to OFP.  Hats off.  My only gripe is the cowboy hat.  Never seen Russian troops wearing that.... although it does look cool.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

it seems like theres a small lod problem. if you look at the units from far away you can see that something at its waist is shining white. anyway, excellent job smile_o.gif

Anyhoo... these units are a fantastic addition to OFP. Hats off. My only gripe is the cowboy hat. Never seen Russian troops wearing that.... although it does look cool.

soviet soldier wearing cowboy hat

Nice units, can't wait to use them against the new Taliban pack. smile_o.gif

by the way... does anybody have a working link for Cat Shit ones V3 of his afghan island... ofp.info seems to be down for me....