Sign in to follow this  
suma

Scripting reference

For most recent reference documentation of scripting command visit

Editing section or our Web Site.

Recent version contains improved layout when using XML capable browser like IE6. New features include:

- alphabetical sections

- list of vehicle and weapon types

- general scripting topics

Is there a good reason it is in XML format instead of boring HTML? What is the advantage of XML?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zovirl @ Jan. 11 2002,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there a good reason it is in XML format instead of boring HTML?  What is the advantage of XML?<span id='postcolor'>

XML is used because:

- one file is used for both index and full command view

- formatting is kept separate from content

From the reasons above, maintenance (like adding new commands or changing them) is much easier. Command reference is also much smaller than it could be if implemented as HTML.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Jan. 12 2002,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">XML is used because:

- one file is used for both index and full command view

- formatting is kept separate from content

From the reasons above, maintenance (like adding new commands or changing them) is much easier. Command reference is also much smaller than it could be if implemented as HTML.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, that IS cool smile.gif Guess I should go learn XML then...sounds sweet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 17 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you find the vehicles/weapons lists?<span id='postcolor'>

You find them in top-left frame (Table of contents). You need IE6 or other full XML compliant browser to see it, though. In IE5 you are viewing simplified version only (as indicated on first page).

Hey Suma long time no see....

I got an idea for the reference...put a search in there...makes it quicker for people to get what they want...

the way u have done your ref is good but the ofpedittingcenters is better as far as content and ease of use....

I got another question....was there ever a CreateWP command??

i cant see it in any of the comrefs so im starting to think that i had dreamt it....

*worried look*

just an idea anyway dude...l8er

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeaDMeaT @ Jan. 20 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got an idea for the reference...put a search in there...makes it quicker for people to get what they want...<span id='postcolor'>

As main page is single text, you can use browser built-in search easily. To use it Click into main frame with command descriptions and press Ctrtl-F or select Edit/Find t to bring it up.

Implementing search directly in web page requires underlying search engine, which is not really easy.

I need some suggestions - I'd like the newer parts of it, not only the ie5 parts, but there is no way I download anything like ie6 - bloatware deluxe, plus I don't think my system will run properly afterwards (ie changes a bit too much and sometimes fücks up)

Opera doesn't quite support xml either (only in name, at least as of yet). Anyone with suggestions? Small (at least in download size, @56k) Dedicated xml viewers would be preferrable.

Whats the command for the A-10 LGB mayb just me but i dont see it in the list?(Weapon Stats/Name)

Cos i want to script them in a way confused.gif

great, but i'm still missing wether its is global or local in MP mode

getdir, getpos are global

camcreate are local

i don't want to test out all of them one by one !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bloodmixer @ Feb. 03 2002,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice to have a little MP info in the manuals, whats local and stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

Currently that is only documented for the *radio and *chat commands.

Suma, there are a couple of incorrect examples in the scripting reference. Specificly the ones for the camera related commands.

eg. setSetTarget (when it should be camSetTarget) (several camera related commands have this specific type of fault in the example)

Please fix it when you have time

Probably a stupid question, but I notice that the command reference is for V1.32 of OFP, but I've upgraded to 1.46. Are there any new scripting commands, or updated commands in 1.46?(i.e: is there a newer version of the command ref kicking around somewhere?).

hmm yea, about the SCRIPTING COMMANDS anyone building maps should really look over this, it helps alot

There are mistakes in Scripting Reference :

overcast setOvercast time

fog setFog time

should be :

time setOvercast overcast

time setFog fog

i can't open the COMREF whats going on i got xp home explorer 6 and it sat page cannot be dissplayed confused.gif

is it just me confused.gif

I cant open it either, it also comes up with page cannot be displayed.

I have MS2000 and version 1.46

I got XP PRO and it works fine....but i have updated my version of Internet Explorer... biggrin.gifsad.gifwink.gifconfused.gifmad.gifwow.giftounge.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeaDMeaT @ Jan. 20 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got another question....was there ever a CreateWP command??

i cant see it in any of the comrefs so im starting to think that i had dreamt it....<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah that command is called "move" biggrin.gif

BY the way the new command ref kicks butt. All that it's missing is listing of animations.