Sign in to follow this  
suma

Scripting reference

I would be glad if in updated version of Scripting reference will be list of all posible actions, for unit action action, with all parameters like unit action ["takeweapon",?,?].

And more : list of all reserved variables with examples of use

something about addaction and similar scripts (I found that there is array of parameters [actionOwner,actionCaller,actionIndex?,?])

Suma, this one's for you...

I'm just not good at scipting. Can you make a pack of ready to use "Flag situations" ie: CTF with 2 flags, CTF with one flag that "switches sides" and put these in a simple zip file for us to use? I'm a common mortal... Most of that scripting stuff is chineese to me. Having the triggers and script files ready made would really make my day.

christdostie@hotmail.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">list of all posible actions, for unit action action, with all parameters like unit action ["takeweapon",?,?].<span id='postcolor'>

The actions you can use are the ones in menu 6-x (where X is the number for the coinciding action), not the ones in the quick action movie. "unit action xxx" is a way to force these actions (in scripts). The info in the scripting reference is sufficient.

btw, resevered variables start with two underscores -> '__'

(this is also documented in the official scripting reference -> scripting topics, I believe)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 15 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">list of all posible actions, for unit action action, with all parameters like unit action ["takeweapon",?,?].<span id='postcolor'>

The actions you can use are the ones in menu 6-x (where X is the number for the coinciding action), not the ones in the quick action movie. "unit action xxx" is a way to force these actions (in scripts). The info in the scripting reference is sufficient.

btw, resevered variables start with two underscores -> '__'

(this is also documented in the official scripting reference -> scripting topics, I believe)<span id='postcolor'>

I know there are actions in menu 6 in game. I tryed it. Even I tryed to find parameters myself. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I can not manage to have soldier to take flag, take lying weapon from ground or from ammo crate,put on/off nvgoggles.

I can not find any reserved variable (with __) in official scripting reference. I can not find any res.varible in game with use of debuglog.

I mean reserved varibles like player. I think there must be other res.varibles (array of killed units ...).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 15 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The actions you can use are the ones in menu 6-x (where X is the number for the coinciding action), not the ones in the quick action movie. "unit action xxx" is a way to force these actions (in scripts). The info in the scripting reference is sufficient.<span id='postcolor'>

soldierOne action ["eject", vehicle soldierOne]

is an example from reference.

It looks deifferent from "unit action xxx".

So how this action command works?

Here's a very simple, but important question:

Does the possible range of random X include X or not?

For example can I get 10 from random 10 or is the largest possible returned value 9.999... ?

Could be researched by

#loop

_x = random 1

? _x != 1 : goto "loop"

hint "Found 1!"

exit

And letting it run for a while but it might take a lot of time to be sure (unless 1 was found, of course).

Suma? Anyone?

Is there something wrong with the reference files, since I cannot view them with Mozilla which DOES definitely support XSLT. Also, why the heck isn't there a plain HTML version available? It sure wouldn't be hard to generate from the XML.

Anyway, only supporting IE is definitely *EVIL*. I'm not the only one who will NOT in any circumstances use IE, Outlook, IIS, etc - the reason being that they're hopelessly insecure. Heck, I wouldn't even use Windows if UNIX variants were a viable gaming platform.

Can you tell me what has changed with NearestOBject? When I use it the way I used it in regular opflash it says Got object, expected number. Does this mean that instead of doing this:

_vcl=NearestObject [_unit,_type]

We'll do something like this:

_vcl=NearestOBject [_unit,20] ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">_vcl=NearestOBject [_unit,20] ?<span id='postcolor'>

KaRRiLLion, did you check the new button in the editor,

where it says: show id's?

If you press it, and zoom in closer to the map, you

can see numbers on all those objects already on the map.

Maybe it's this number, which is required now.

Not sure, just try it (can't do that now, i'm at work)

~S~ CD

Ahh, so that's what that button does. Hehe, I pressed it and never saw anything different appear.

I'll have to give that idea a try though. If so, the command might be more useful since you don't have to know the "type" in advance.

You use the IDs with the new object command. It returns the object that has the ID which you see in the editor.

There are plenty of new commands and new animations! What is most interesting ist the drop command, which is used for particle-systems!

With this you can make real fire (as seen in a cutscene), not this lame "this inflame true" destroyed vehicles fire!

Please, tell us more...

I have also discovered the Drop command (via the auto completion feature of the editor) but all I know is that it expects an array with 19 wow.gif elements.

If you know other commands please let us know.

And to BIS:

Please give us the new COMREF ASAP tounge.gif

OK, here we go:

setTerrainGrid number

adjusts the Terrain realism (small numbers is high, big numbers is low realism.

number setRain number

adjusts the rain. First argument is transition time, second is "how much" rain. 0 = no rain, 1 = full rain.

skill unit

returns the skill of an unit

unit setSkill number

sets the skill of an unit dynamically

somevar = an_object saveStatus "VARIABLE"

saves the status of a object under VARIABLE

somevar = an_object loadStatus "VARIABLE"

restores the status, which was saved under VARIABLE

deleteStatus "VARIABLE"

I don't know what its effect is, I think just what it's called!

clearMagazinePool

clearWeaponPool

I don't know how to use them, but they are there

number = queryWeaponPool "Weaponname"

number = queryMagazinePool "Magazinename"

returns the number of Weapons or Magazines in the ammopool

addWeaponPool ["weaponname", number]

addMagazinePool ["magazinename", number]

Adds the number of weapons or magazines to the ammopool

pickWeaponPool a_vehicle

I don't know, I think that it picks all ammo from a vehicle (truck, APC) and adds it to the pool.

fillWeaponsFromPool an_unit

rearms an unit from the pool

an_array = weapons an_unit

an_array = magazines an_unit

returns an array of the weapons and magazines an unit is carrying.

object id_number

returns the object that has the id_number which is shown with "SHOW IDs" in the Mission Editor. You can now make setdammage and setpos a.s.o.

an_object animate ["animation", number]

I don't know what it does!

Then this are the ones, that I don't know, they weren't even used in the Campaign or SP/MP-Missions, or they just did nothing to me:

animationPhase

buttonAction

buttonSetAction

createDialog

deleteIdentity

onBriefingNotes

onBriefingPlan

setObjectTexture

And here is a list of all new animations, that were used in the Campaign:

FXDismay: This is the animation that we know from the trailer, as a bomb exploded behind a man and he looked immediately back

FXToKneel, FXFromKneel, FXShow1, FXShow2, FXShow3, FXShow4, FXInKneel, FXCivilHandMouth, FXCivilLookBack, FXCivilFoldArms, FXFromTable, FXSitRightHandDown, FXSitLeftHandDown, FXSitHandsOnTable, FXToTable, FXCivilLookaround2, FXCivilFoldOnesArms, FXCivilArmsAkimboR

For all German speaking people look this thread at ofp-editing.de:

resistance scripting commands

Do you have any list of the changes made to some commands, i.e. NearestObject?

BTW thanks for the new list!

The only version of the NearestObject command I got working was

_obj = NearestObject [x,y,z]

Yes,

I hope BIS fixes this new "feature" about nearestObject. This renders many Missions unpossible to play.

How about making nearestobject take variable Parameters? One the old type, and one the new one?

Hey, whats that drop and particle stuff and what about that fire?

Can anyone explain?

I guess about that onbriefingplan and onbriefingnotes is that if you put it in an activation field something happens while viewing the notes or the plan.. just a guess..

Thanks for the setrain command.. i'll check ho effective it is right now..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ July 01 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, here we go:

setTerrainGrid number

adjusts the Terrain realism (small numbers is high, big numbers is low realism.<span id='postcolor'>

setTerrainGrid is the exact same thing as Terrain Detail under Display in the options menu.

Just want to point that out.

Oh, and I have the exact numbers you should use:

setTerrainGrid | Terrain Detail

50 | Very Low (Original OFP standard terrain grid...)

25 | Low

12.5 | Normal (OFP:R standard terrain grid...)

6.25 | High

3.125 | Very High (Note, only playable on very high end machines)

I'm running OFP:R on a

P4 1300 MHz

384MB RAM

GeForce 4 MX440 64MB DDR

WinXP Pro

system, with all the display settings on default. I.E what OFP:R thinks I should run at. Res: 1024x768

Now, I am running on Terrain Detail - Normal, and that works nice for me.

OFP:R get's real choppy at High, and unplayable at Very High (for me at least).

Now, the only use I see for a command like setTerrainGrid is to force all the players to use a certain grid detail. Perhaps for MP games?

Anyway, I will test it later today to see if I can get it to use numbers above 50, as in maybe a 100 meter grid.

I know that most of you are saying "WTF?!? Why on God's green earth would anyone want to play a mission with a terrain detail of 100confused.gif"

Well, my friends, if you make an Urban map with lots of buildings you would want to reduce the terrain detail a lot. Towns are always built on flat ground anyway. So if you can cut back on the polys in the landscape, you should be able to up the performance a bit.

Well, this got a bit out of hand, so I'm signing off now =)

As there is new version of command reference and new topic about it, this topic is unpinned now.

Now that we have those object IDS can we somehow recreate those objects on the map to make fences etc ? I don't like using the editor addons and a couple of my maps have fence/stone walls etc. It be good if we could place objects like this anywere with a simple command or something.

Why dig up this thread when there are two newer pinned ones?

Cloisng smile.gif