Sign in to follow this  
Migebuff

AC130 Gunship

ac131.jpg

ac132.jpg

It will be released as soon as Cpt Moore gives his permission to release it (I used his C130 model).

And of course the weapons work realistic, one more "engine limitation" is solved.

Details! We want details!

Looks f*cking excellent wow_o.gif Can we see some pics of the armament?

I didnt edit the model yet, I still have to add some guns.

It has two weapons, 40 mm cannon + 105 mm howitzer. I also tried to add a minigun, but it didnt work because its firing too fast, the script cant detect the bullets fast enough.

Maybe I can release it tomorrow, depends on how fast Cpt.Moore replies to my email.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Re the miniguns - try looking at the bas blackhawks - they have working miniguns!

I know, but they dont have to use scripts to redirect the bullets.

Re the miniguns - try looking at the bas blackhawks - they have working miniguns!

yes cuz blackhawk is a chopper, and C130 is a plane, remember the engine limitations, no doorside guns on a plane

Quote[/b] ]I also tried to add a minigun, but it didnt work because its firing too fast, the script cant detect the bullets fast enough.

Did you use a script, or did you use a function?

IIRC, if you use a function, it gets called immedietley, while scripts take a milisecond or 2 to get executed, so you may want to try using a function.

PM me if you need help turning it into a function, unless it already is?

Or hell, you could detect the bullet inside a fired EH and then use that bullet to execute your script.

Multiple gun positions like Colonel Klinks?

No, sorry, thats not possible on planes. The pilot has to control the weapons.

Or hell, you could detect the bullet inside a fired EH and then use that bullet to execute your script.

Thx, its working now, the 40mm gun now fires 30 rounds per second biggrin_o.gif

Heres a new screenshot for you guys:

ac133.jpg

check RHS t-55's functions... it's in rhs_misc.pbo afaik (RAE_Noid.sqf) wink_o.gif

Migebuff. I have seen addons with gunner positions instead of the pilot. I assume its the same rule, however, it might be possible to have independant positions like Col. Klinks. I.E. They are climbing into the 40mm position, not the gunner position of the plane. Since this addon below proves the pilot doesnt fire, I think it is possible.

I'd contact him. This is a great addon, can't wait to give it a try. Going to be a bitch to fight under. LOOK at all those craters..:crazy:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons/F14_tomcat.zip

F-14 with Gunner position firing.  Hope that helps any further improvements to it.

Migebuff. I have seen addons with gunner positions instead of the pilot. I assume its the same rule, however, it might be possible to have independant positions like Col. Klinks. I.E. They are climbing into the 40mm position, not the gunner position of the plane. Since this addon below proves the pilot doesnt fire, I think it is possible.

I'd contact him. This is a great addon, can't wait to give it a try. Going to be a bitch to fight under. LOOK at all those craters..:crazy:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons/F14_tomcat.zip

F-14 with Gunner position firing.  Hope that helps any further improvements to it.

one limit on those Multiple gun positions script is that they only work on solid surface like the sea or land, as the script need to keep calling and answering where the positions of both vehicals and guns are, the pitch would rise up high and impossible for OFP to keep chase it once it leave the ground

as a side note "plane" class in ofp only support guns point ahead (12 o'clock if you like) if i remember correctly, the script used by this AC130 should be something like the CoC UA

anyway this wont bug many ppl up as long as it works like a dream smile_o.gif

Looks sweet! Can´t wait to try it.

Would be nice to have some sort of (prefarably realistic looking) interface to control the guns on the plane if it´s possible to do.

Maybe this could be done by attaching something similar to vektorboson´s satellite script to control the guns on the plane? Or maybe something like the UAV control in FDF mod where you can rotate, zoom and lock the camera on a spot on the ground or on a specific target to track it?

But instead of having the control interface in a special object on the ground maybe it could be enabled from the gunner position in the plane or from a cargo position.

This looks absolutely great!

Can an AI pilot use it and engage properly?

Cheers,

Cornhelium

I dont think the AI is smart enough to use it.

Quote[/b] ]Could you try to do an AC-130 version using Hawk's Hercules model?

Already tried that, but theres some bug with his model...it doesnt work....

Great idea Migebuff,

If you setpos'ed an invisible gun and gunner with 180 x 180 degree firing circle, at the correct position relative to the plane (same principle as Colonel Klink Gunboats), you would have your AI version. Thats assuming the invisible AI gunner would not try and fire through the friendly aircraft?

There's no trigonemtry required or height above sea level stuff, so there would not be much lag. As long as you dont look to close, you would be none the wiser. Would work for more than one gun turret, again as long as you dont mind not seeing each turret move.

There might be other ways of doing AI gunner's, but this seemed the simplest?

lol no... there's a little tiny difference between boats and planes... wink_o.gif

The screen shots look awesome.

I've e-mailed Migebuff about the model. The most important thing to me is that this plane can co-exist along with the orignial plane c-130. To do this it will need a model name change and script name change and PBO name change.

I hope to see this plane soon.. looks awesome! Also a side AC130 gun hanging off the side would be great.. If you need close pics of the AC130 gun I have some really good ones.

Capt Moore

Quote[/b] ]lol no... there's a little tiny difference between boats and planes...

Lol...Yes. There is a little tiny difference between cars and boats to, but that did not stop both being able to use the same method. The key words here are "Invisible" and "180 degrees" wink_o.gif

If I had time I would prove it to you, but as I was only trying to offer some ideas to Migebuff....remember Migebuff this is his thread, about the AC130  rock.gif

If he wants to pursue this I have a tutorial that might help, and I will offer and help I can here. Anything else should be left to PM's.

Multiple gun positions like Colonel Klinks?

No, sorry, thats not possible on planes. The pilot has to control the weapons.

Thx, its working now, the 40mm gun now fires 30 rounds per second  biggrin_o.gif

Heres a new screenshot for you guys:

http://img36.exs.cx/img36/4958/ac133.jpg

Will you always have to have the plane sideways like that? Or will the guns tilt?

I dont think the AI is smart enough to use it.
Quote[/b] ]Could you try to do an AC-130 version using Hawk's Hercules model?

Already tried that, but theres some bug with his model...it doesnt work....

ill be breif and to the point. this is looking much better and much further ahead then what extraction adn i were gonna do.

but we.. well he, already has the weapons modeled into hawks herc. so if you wouldnt mind, sooner or later that we just go ahead and make a "new" version of the AC130 using your config, your weapons, your scripts the whole works, just renaming the class and pbo as not to conflict using the improved hawk's C130 model