Sign in to follow this  
swilliams

DOES THE SCUD WORK?

I have been trying so many things to make the scud launch.... if you can do it, can someone plzzzz explain in detail how it is done?

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH this Q is asked about once a week.......YOU CANNOT HIT A TARGET WITH THE SCUD.....i just answer it again, but wots the point confused.gif it'll only get asked again sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Casto @ Jan. 10 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fuck your FAQ mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Anymore of that and you can post somewhere else.

1. You don't speak to a lady like that.

2. You don't speak like that to someone offering you help.

3. You don't speak like that to someone who puts in their own time and effort to provide a great resource to help out the community.

4. You don't speak like that to anyone on these forums, period.

Ok, there is a script that makes the scud launch, and asks you to lay a target in the map, which cant be over 5000mts and under 500mts, it then launches and places a cam behind the scud so you see it going through clouds and closing in to the target, then right at the moment of impact it goes back to the player, and if you go there if its a town, it will be destroyed, im trying to use it creating a mission, its awsome made by Dutchboy, check it out at

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com

in code snippets

oh, by the way, it gives you a choice to either have the scud cam on or off

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fuck your FAQ mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

3. You don't speak like that to someone who puts in their own time and effort to provide a great resource to help out the community.

4. You don't speak like that to anyone on these forums, period.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif LOL (laughing Out Loud) biggrin.gif

i Told her/him to fuck his FAQ,

not her self or her mom or her dad ect.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Casto @ Jan. 11 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fuck your FAQ mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

4. You don't speak like that to anyone on these forums, period.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif LOL (laughing Out Loud) biggrin.gif

not her self or her mom or her dad ect.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm, fuck your dog, your cat, a hat, a rat, fuck your picture , your home, a chicken, a gnome.

there, at least we can be poetic with this Nimrod.

swilliams,

Here is how you can get the scud launcher to raise the missile and fire the missile:

The name scud1 below is just the name I gave the scud launcher.  It's up to you if you want to use it or replace it with your own name.  Make sure you give the scud launcher a name though.

In a map place two triggers, one inside the other, the trigger inside being smaller.

Trigger 1 (smaller trigger)

Axis a = 10

Axis b = 10

Angle = 0

Ellipse (or rectangle, whichever suits you)

Type = switch

Activation = west (providing your player is west)

Have the on activation of the smaller trigger say:

scud1 action ["SCUD Launch"]

Trigger 2 (larger trigger)

Axis a = 50

Axis b = 50

Angle = 0

Ellipse (or rectangle, whichever suits you)

Type = switch

Activation = west (providing your player is west)

Have the on activation of the larger trigger say:

scud1 action ["SCUD Start"]

Then when you play the map, go outside the first trigger and the scud will raise the missile.

Going outside the second trigger and the missile will launch.

You can place an object on the edge of each trigger circle/rectangle so you know where the trigger is in the game (so if you wanted to test it out and wanted to know where to go past to trip the trigger).

Don't put both commands on the same "on activation" field in one trigger.  If you do, the missile will raise and launch immediately.  It won't look realistic.

This above was just an example, there's probably a better way to explain it.

I hope this helps you.

I forgot to mention in my last post that you need to set both of the triggers to "Not Present".

Sorry about that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Casto @ Jan. 11 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif LOL (laughing Out Loud) biggrin.gif

*shrugs* argue the point all you like, it's not going to get you anywhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 11 2002,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif LOL (laughing Out Loud) biggrin.gif

*shrugs* argue the point all you like, it's not going to get you anywhere.<span id='postcolor'>

so what's next confused.gif

Well if you don't say anything again like you said before then nothing of course smile.gif

Thank you everyone! Sorry i took 8 months to reply but hey it helped thanks biggrin.gif

Digging up six months old post to add nothing = bad