Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Bonaire island

Wouter (alias Wachtmeester) is putting a lot of effort in his newest project Bonaire island, and it shows.

OFP Bonaire Island is a scaled down version of the real-life Dutch Antilles colony. It is located just north of the Venezuelan coast, east from the island of Curaçao.

From the CIA World factbook:

Once the center of the Caribbean slave trade, the island of Curaçao and Bonaire were hard hit by the abolition of slavery in 1863. Prosperity was restored in the early 20th century with the construction of oil refineries to service the newly discovered Venezuelan oil fields.

Here are a few screenshots he made:

Bonaire.sized.jpg

Bonaire2.sized.jpg

Bonaire3.sized.jpg

It's Dutch territory, so Dutch forces to train there. Everything looks peaceful right now, but we'll have to see what happens.

Very nice smile_o.gif

A possibility for a campaign would be a Falklands kinda idea. You know, a country invades Bonaire and we (the Dutch) don't take that and go there to take it back or so smile_o.gif .

Keep up the good work, us Dutchies enjoy playing with your very fine addons wink_o.gif

damnit! everywhere Matthijs is my posts are dissapearing! sad_o.gif

anyhow, i asked of there would by any brand new uber customised buildings, or perhaps some Koninklijke Marine buildings? rock.gif

i see missions coming...

LLW units VS BAS Tonal rebels biggrin_o.gif

or maybe LLW VS some other generic OPFOR ;)

OH MY GOD... crazy_o.gif

Wow nice job! love that moutin in the background! wink_o.gif

Too bad the swamp(?) area can't have static water sad_o.gif

damnit! everywhere Matthijs is my posts are dissapearing!  sad_o.gif

Cool. And I'm not even a moderator here, so you'll have to complain to someone alse about this.

smile_o.gif

looks awesome!!

The waterlevel can be made almost static, but than this would be like that for the entire map. Which a bad thing for the beaches.

well guys,

I'm trying to create this island as realistic as I can, because I have never been on Bonaire. A lot of credits go to Fischkopp, who created the forests. But everything is still in a very early stage so doen't expect this island on a short notice.

The real Bonaire features two major towns which will be represented on the isle and we will propably created new custom houses for this.

We will keep you guys updated on this one. smile_o.gif

I'm begining to have strange feelings for you Dutch guys.I think there similar to feelings of love.It's all because you released some great units a while back and i've been having so much fun with them.And now you've presented us with this nice looking island.I have however got a bit of a dilema.When this island is finnished i won't know which troops of yours will look best with it,unless your gonna make a jungle soldier with short sleeves to go with the island......please   biggrin_o.gif

I salute you...

salute3.jpg

I'm begining to have strange feelings for you Dutch guys.I think there similar to feelings of love.It's all because you released some great units a while back and i've been having so much fun with them.And now you've presented us with this nice looking island.I have however got a bit of a dilema.When this island is finnished i won't know which troops of yours will look best with it,unless your gonna make a jungle soldier with short sleeves to go with the island......please   biggrin_o.gif

Ok, at ease. Just make sure you don't start kissing people on the mouth.

tounge_o.gif

Rolled up sleeves is something from the movies and time at the base. Fieldwork is done with sleeves down. A bush hat is under construction and I think we can strip some of the heaviere quipment off, to make it more comfortable for the wearer.

smile_o.gif

Oh, and by the way: clicky wow_o.gif

(Nice detail: note the posting date of the first comment.)

The Marines use M82 woodland and that is used on these island aswell. Actually the marines are the only (ground)unit stationed there.

Rolled up sleeves are forbidden when you go into combat, btw. The skin relfects light. So that's why you want to keep it covered-up.

The Marines use M82 woodland and that is used on these island aswell. Actually the marines are the only (ground)unit stationed there.

Rolled up sleeves are forbidden when you go into combat, btw. The skin relfects light. So that's why you want to keep it covered-up.

you won't hear me about the red patch and reflecting cross on the barett.... no sir! tounge_o.gif

but my question still stands: what sort of fancy new stuff will there be on Bonaire? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A lot of credits go to Fischkopp, who created the forests. But everything is still in a very early stage so doen't expect this island on a short notice.

does that mean the beautys have been released? biggrin_o.gif

Wildo

Hi,

Jungle troops (marines, army and Antilles defence force) are planned, but not for the immediate future. Jungle and arctic figures are long term goals, as are the OPFOR for the Antilles (some modern day Urbina). Aside from work for BFS and CZM taking up part of my available time, other Dutch units (combat engineers, military constabulary, airforce ground defence) to complement the LLW interim release figures and the desert OPFOR need to be finished first.

Regards,

Sander

Rolled up sleeves is something from the movies and time at the base. Fieldwork is done with sleeves down. A bush hat is under construction and I think we can strip some of the heaviere quipment off, to make it more comfortable for the wearer.

smile_o.gif

Well, I don't know what it is like in the U.S. Army, these days, but when I was in during the tail end of the Cold War, both times I was at The Joint Readiness Training Center (N.T.C. for Light Infantry, simulated combat conditions with MILES gear) we took our BDU coats off (leaving our O.D. T-shirts on) as soon as the Sergeant Major walked away.  It was too damn hot!  This was while we were within our concertina-wired perimeter, mind you.  No sense being camo'd if you die of heat exhaustion, and a bullet will go through a BDU coat practically as easily as it will only a T-shirt.

When i was in kenya with the British army some of our guys would keep there sleeves rolled up but they would also camo up there arms and we were told to camo up our arms anyway incase we tore our sleeves,but thats just the mentality of the sergants in the British army..Maybe they were just nuts though.I suppose if you were in a real action area you wouldn't even think about your arms.A good tan only looks good on a living human.....

well guys,

I'm trying to create this island as realistic as I can, because I have never been on Bonaire. A lot of credits go to Fischkopp, who created the forests. But everything is still in a very early stage so doen't expect this island on a short notice.

The real Bonaire features two major towns which will be represented on the isle and we will propably created new custom houses for this.

We will keep you guys updated on this one. smile_o.gif

Why don't you go to Bonaire(A bit offtopicy though) tounge_o.gif

Man,this is my 128th post. ghostface.gif