Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Richard Burns Rally

Rallies aren´t driven simultaniously,m that´s why there is no simultan multiplayer. But there´s the option of hot seat, wich means you invite a friend and you play on same comp. Not sure though if there will be the same for internet oneday.

Well there is a mod called RBRnet that enables you to play against others over internet (or lan). You see your opponent as a ghost car. I have not tried it myself so I don't know how well its working though.

If anyone is interested you can find it here: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/downloads/3504

Albert there is an offer at Ebay for Momo´s , new with guarantee, 107 Euros plus Porto:

Momo Ebay

Just ordered one

here

107 Euros including porto. Best price I could find for the Momo.

Do you feel any difference between cars?

I drove evo all the time. Tried subaru for a while and Toyota but too little to feel any difference.

I feel a difference between the cars. Xsara is very stable on my hands and Corolla is quite difficult to drive compared to others.

I always like evo cause it felt heavier and more stable. In CMR i liked toyota cause it was the fastest in corners. Same with 206.

I heard that he has cancer and had to withdraw from rallying permanently.

dn...

however I believe (dont kick me now) xpand ralley is a good game as well. In general not as tough as RBR but the feel of the different surfaces is more intense. Both are good games (xpand slightly better graphics), no doubt.

Quote[/b] ]"Burns goes home, 'making progress'."" 2001 World Rally champion Richard Burns has been discharged from hospital, as he continues his battle against cancer, according to his co-driver, Robert Reid, while he still has 'a fair way to go', he is 'making progress'.

Speaking to BBC Sport Online Reid added that it has been a 'big shock' seeing the Englishman so ill.

Burns was forced to miss the Wales Rally GB last year, after collapsing at the wheel of his car en-route to the event. He was later diagnosed with an astrocytoma - a form of brain tumour - which meant he has been forced to sit out the current season, where he was due to drive alongside current world champion, Petter Solberg at Subaru.

"Richard has improved to the point where he's at home," commented Reid.

"At the beginning of January, he'd lost a hell of a lot of weight.

"He couldn't get out of bed for a while.

"I think the feeling of the people close to him at the moment is we are making progress, but that we've still got a fair way to go."

"It's been a big shock," added Reid. "I've seen him very, very ill.

"But there have been a lot of great moments, things that feel almost as good as winning a world championship rally, but they're very small, very personal things, just to see somebody making an improvement." "

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motorin....95.html

Burns and Solberg, my personal Rally favourites, along with the grumpy Grönholm tounge_o.gif A real shame to see Burns miss out on this season sad_o.gif

This game sounds like a good reason for me to go and dig out my old Logitech steering wheel and cash out another 40 euros to the games industry :P

By the way, how does the game run? Would be lovely to get some sort of performance chart from the people that own the game (and system specs. along with them smile_o.gif )

Specs:

MSI KT2 Ultra Raid board

2.8 Athlon XP

Radeon 9700Pro

512 PCI sound <- this one needs a major replace someday wink_o.gif

Had some sound issues that got solved by reducing hardware accelleration in DirectX.

Game runs on 1024 x 1024 , 32 Bit depth, all details maxxed out.

Game runs fluent of course  biggrin_o.gif

Totally satisfied.

Ah, should run OK on my computer too then! Now I just have to steal some money tounge_o.gif

I have a 3,1GHz P4, 1GB of RAM and Ti4200 and the game runs well with everything on high detail except dynamic reflections disabled, in 1024x768 resolution... In a few places on some stages the fps drops to around 20 which is a bit annoying, but its still perfectly playable.

Had some sound issues that got solved by reducing hardware accelleration in DirectX.

If you got black lines on the road then you just need to disable AA and AF.

Quote[/b] ]If you got black lines on the road then you just need to disable AA and AF.

Can you read my mind ? ghostface.gif

Yeah I do have them...I will test...

Thx biggrin_o.gif

By the way, how does the game run? Would be lovely to get some sort of performance chart from the people that own the game (and system specs. along with them smile_o.gif )

If you can play OFP:R you can definitly play RBR..

oops.. I just noticed that I played the demo of Xpand biggrin_o.gif

okay... good game... I mean... xpand.. so I just talk to myself about this game and you keep talking about Richard Burns

Quote[/b] ]oops.. I just noticed that I played the demo of Xpand

doooh....smily1056.gif

Good morning Albert !

smily1038.gif

Quote[/b] ]oops.. I just noticed that I played the demo of Xpand

doooh....smily1056.gif

Good morning Albert !

smily1038.gif

get used to it, I am senile, pretty confused young man... people often think I am yoking but I was honestly born this way.

oops.. I just noticed that I played the demo of Xpand  biggrin_o.gif

okay... good game... I mean... xpand.. so I just talk to myself about this game and you keep talking about Richard Burns

I wondered about that biggrin_o.gif The demo isnt out yet but there is a demo on the way. If you think Xpand rally was good wait until you have played RBR. I think the Xpand demo is crap compared to RBR. The second best rally game I have played is Rally Trophy (only tried the demo though), it has pretty good physics but not as good as RBR.

Okay I tried both games in demo-mode. And Xpand is graphic-wise much better. Secondly, I know there is reason to disagree with me, but I think it even is harder than RBR. Maybe not in expert mode but definetly in all others. The tracks are far more detailed and the roads and the vehicule has better reflection, shadows and better sounds. Please bother to try both before judging.

I prefer Xpand.

Okay I tried both games in demo-mode. And Xpand is graphic-wise much better. Secondly, I know there is reason to disagree with me, but I think it even is harder than CMR.

The thread is about RBR, not CMR wink_o.gif