Sign in to follow this  
Sniperwolf572

Tunnel is alive!

Well Colonel Klink inspired me with his little researches on so called ofp-impossibilities,so I decided to do something alike altough not near to scale of his projects.

As you already know from the topic title it's a tunnel with witch:

-you can drive trough

-AI can drive trough

as I suspect AI won't be able to walk on it

so far I integrated it into my Ten island for my FTS (FeyTenShosh) Project.

Currently I need help with Roadway and Geometry LOD,so if anyone is able and willing to help PM me please.

Here's a screenie:

(CLICK TO ENLARGE!)

TenTunnel.th.jpg

(There Placebo I thumbnailed it,you happy?  rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif )

NOTE: I don't say that I'm first one to think of it OR make it but I'm unaware of any other tunnels than BAS Tonal tunnels and CatShitOne's Afgan tunnels,but they are not vehicle compatible as far as I know

@Fart-Nark:

Nope,impossible,anyways ground is same object as tunnel too you can see that on the parts where tunnels ground hits actual ground.

@Raedor:

Yes,you can because Geo LOD isn't working,or I'm too stupid to set it up.

there are tunnels on tonal and afghan where are they ? i no its a lil offtopic but any answeres are very gratefully accepted

@USCG pilot 12:

As I mentioned in my first post there are existing tunnels but they are not meant for vehilcles.

@Status_cz:

Thanks for the tut,altough I already read it,maybe I'll find something that I forgot.

EDIT:

OK I found the error for the GEO lod,its the same error witch prevents LSD from being any bigger,and thats the size limit of GEO lod.

BTW Is there an size limit for the Roadway LOD too?

A way round the geo lod is to break the model into smaller chunks then move them together in the editor. smile_o.gif

If your making something like a ship i think you can also setpos the geo lods, but this isnt classed as a vehicle so..... rock.gif

As you already know from the topic title it's a tunnel with witch:

-you can drive trough

-AI can drive trough

smile_o.gif

Ai to move along tunnel way:-

-------------------------------

1. Ensure u construct the pathLOD with the proper 'in' and 'pos' points.

Ai vehicles

----------

1. A bit tricky here but i have experimented removing the roof LOD and the vehicles just drive thru as per command, without even having a path LOD.

Looking at your model, one suggestion would be:-

a. Directly above the road, ensure u have a clear roof - meaning no geo components above, exactly a clear no blockage the size of your road. You can still have geo components to the left and right of the mountain, just nothing directly at the top.

b. To ensure playability at the top, for if there is not geo Lod, soldiers walking on that road spot above will fall thru, use your creative imagination to model unaccesible features there - eg, slope, rocks, trees at the side( not directly on top) to prevent soldiers from moving there. ( remember - resolution LOD - 0.00 or 1.00 has no geometry if u dont wish to geo component that part, only objects that are placed in mission editor has geometry,or almost all has it.)

c. However, if u are insistant that soldiers should be able to move on top, no worries..it still can be done, just create a roadway LOD for the top then. Ai will still be able to walk there, but the catch is that Ai on top can see below and those below can see the Ai on top and fire thru. (*RoadwayLOD has no collision detection and is not a geoLOD component..The roadyway LOD is there only to ensure your movements are fluid and smooth)

all the best!

philcommando i know what you mean i modeled the geo lod and roadway lod,

AI has no trouble moving trough the tunnel,they speed trough it in cars and on foot (tunnel is defined as road) and basically acts like bridge but with road on ground.

As far as I get it size of the object f**ks up GEO lod and I scaled it so it's not too large and geo LOD fits.

Roadway LOD is not working,basically like if i hadn't modelled it and surface acts like just plain geo lod with a lot of bumping around.

In OFP its very hard to limit where player can go,think of someone planning an assault with BAS choppers and rappels directly into the forest/stones?

And for AI being able to see trough tunnel,well,thats easily solved with View Geometry lod,it prevents AI from seeing trough it (Tested on some walls I made),but I haven't modeled it yet since I gotta stuff to do in RL and basically im busy with school ATM.

Thanks for the help anyways.I'll try to post some pics of the updated tunnel later tonitght or tommorow.

Yeah looking forward to try the tunnel once it gets released smile_o.gif i hope island makers can put this tunnel to their islands too smile_o.gif

so was the tunnel under water a nope you cant do it or is it possible? would open up some neat neat ideas for mission making.

so was the tunnel under water a nope you cant do it or is it possible? would open up some neat neat ideas for mission making.

Tunnel under water is not possible wink_o.gif