Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

<<<China>>>

Your all assuming that they only have large aerial transports. As I understand it, the Soviets once tested a very large transport craft that skimmed the water at high speed. The design wasn't defective either, but when the prototype bit the dust, they cut the funding.

Your all assuming that they only have large aerial transports. As I understand it, the Soviets once tested a very large transport craft that skimmed the water at high speed. The design wasn't defective either, but when the prototype bit the dust, they cut the funding.

The world's biggest plane - the Antonov 225

Thre is large flyible plane larger then any U.S. plane and its not even Russian!!

Antonov An-225 Mriya

Powerplant: six Lotarev D-18T turbofans, each rated at 229.5kN (51,590lb) thrust

Performance: (estimated) cruising speed 800 km/h (497 mph); take-off run carrying Buran 2500 m (8,200ft); turning radius about nosewheels 50m (164 ft)

Weights: maximum take-off 600000kg (1,322,750lb), maximum payload (internal or external) 250000kg (551,150lb)

Dimensions: span 88.4m (290ft); length 84.0 m (275ft 7 in). height 18.1 m (59 ft 43/4 in); tailplane span 32.65 m (107ft 11/2in); length of freight hold 43 m (141 ft)"

I saw this plane in action but only with Ukranian flag on plane  biggrin_o.gif

you can make i for army by modifing it  biggrin_o.gif  

891809%20An-225%20CCCP-82060%20Burran%20left%20side%20rev%2020031004%20l.jpg

"sry didnt find newer picture"

so if china has money they can buy them from Ukraine  biggrin_o.gif

Front part is easy way to load Armor and from back ramp you can drop LARGE amount of supplies, soldiers

Only problem china will face its MONEY  biggrin_o.gif  because you dont build tanks for free or buy. And U.S Anti Aircraft defence but if there will be alot of planes some of soldiers will get there safetly. I MEAN ALOT OF PLANES! LIKE IN WW2 C47 over normandy

and Antonov 225  is not prototype anymore

And people from US should know that this plae even landed in US  in 2004 biggrin_o.gif

Question about getting troops is answered lets talk about other problems

I think you missed the word "WATER" in my post.

this plane can fly on high altitude  biggrin_o.gif  its has POWERFULL six ENGINES and landing strip for this beast needs to be long as landing strip in JFK Airport its enough to land and takeoff. but searh info about plane you migh find interesting things  biggrin_o.gif not info about this plne during Cold War but like for 2001-2004. because they are talking about attack in modern times not when it was Cold War tounge_o.gif

China wouldnt invade the U.S because it would be pointless, the manpower it would take to maintain an occupation would screw there economy alone, ignoring trade sanctions from the rest of the world and whatever else came there way.

A clash over Taiwan is possible, but its not certain the U.S would be prepared to defend Taiwan militarily, , would they send an entire fleet but say "we wont nuke you if you dont nuke us"? I think most people would not want to see a war with China unless it was completley unavoidable.

Theres probably more chance of civil war in the U.S than a foreign invasion.

Besides China is making moves towards being a more democratic state, just very slowly. Somebody mentioned China being the next capitalist superpower, and its possible if there middle class expands they could become an incredibly wealthy nation.

China wouldnt invade the U.S because it would be pointless, the manpower it would take to maintain an occupation would screw there economy alone, ignoring trade sanctions from the rest of the world and whatever else came there way.  

A clash over Taiwan is possible, but its not certain the U.S would be prepared to defend Taiwan militarily, , would they send an entire fleet but say "we wont nuke you if you dont nuke us"?  I think most people would not want to see a war with China unless it was completley unavoidable.

Theres probably more chance of civil war in the U.S than a foreign invasion.

Besides China is making moves towards being a more democratic state, just very slowly.  Somebody mentioned China being the next capitalist superpower, and its possible if there middle class expands they could become an incredibly wealthy nation.

War againts taiwan... lol Taiwan is making best processors! AMD  tounge_o.gif but China is making poor quality products.i mean producct that made by china but company belongs to US.. Why? because its cheaper for U.S companies to make products there because they need to pay less for workers..

Where this all comes back to is the fact that China has very little domestic oil fields (unlike the US, which values the rights of moss-nibbling critters above humans), and their fields are quite old and extraction costs are rapidly becoming unprofitable.

China is also unable to meet it's own domestic power needs by coal. It does not have enough coal, and what it does have is some of the dirtiest grade. China has been able to avoid the punitive environmental restrictions others have been burdened with by claiming indigent status.

Back to cars. The number of cars in china is growing exponentially yearly. All that oil has to come from somewhere, and China's consumption exceeded it's production about 10 years ago according to the US Department of Energy's analysis department. Consumption is now around 3x~4x production iirc.

Meh, China is in the same position as the US on that one: disproportional demand for oil. As Kerry said - it's not a problem you can drill yourself out of or solve by invading other countries - you have to invent your way out of it.

The oil peak will come one day in the not-too-distant future and alternative fuel sources will replace oil. Nothing too dramatic.

This goes especially for transportation - modern hydrogen-based fuel cells are quite good. All we need to do is to build the distribution infrastructure. As for plastics and other oil-based crap, it can be replaced by polymers and carbon fiber.

Right now oil is cheap enough to use, but as demand goes up, so will the price and we'll switch to some other shit.

All big empires have fallen: rome, britan... someday US will be down too....

i'm not talking about all US population being killed. u just wont control and influent this world anymore.  smile_o.gif

BTW did u see recent Rammstein's single "Amerika" ? tounge_o.gif

Russia has this one type of plane, tupolev model, designed to land on high ways or small roads in the united States

Every one mile out of 5 or something like that is straight for aircraft to land on in case of emergencies. Maybe there is someone here with the right numbers.

I know in Oklahoma it wouldn't be hard to land a jumbo jet on our highways they are so straight. wink_o.gif

Well lets see. This topic is not just going to be about them invading the US, I believe as they set themselves up economically in the world they will have a better chance at a possible invassion, but of course, why would they do it....just getting all your opinions. Now i have another question.

In terms of world powers over the next 50 years or so, China is sure to be one of them. It has a better foot hold it seems then the old Soviet Union economically, has lots of money and among all has the biggest army ever in existance. How do you think all this will play in the future?

Quote[/b] ]How do you think all this will play in the future?

I've already started to learn Chinese. smile_o.gif

this plane can fly on high altitude  biggrin_o.gif  its has POWERFULL six ENGINES and landing strip for this beast needs to be long as landing strip in JFK Airport its enough to land and takeoff.

I can see it on the front page now..

Durandal Attack on JFK Airport Ends Invasion! Chinese surrender: "What were we thinking?"

Well lets see.  This topic is not just going to be about them invading the US, I believe as they set themselves up economically in the world they will have a better chance at a possible invassion, but of course, why would they do it....just getting all your opinions.  Now i have another question.

In terms of world powers over the next 50 years or so, China is sure to be one of them.  It has a better foot hold it seems then the old Soviet Union economically, has lots of money and among all has the biggest army ever in existance.  How do you think all this will play in the future?

Numerically largest. Most troops are conscripted and their tanks are all T62 and PT76 rehashes.

I think the capabilities of transporting troops while staying in stealth is quite possible.

As we continue through the years it's bound to happen eventually. I guess that year is coming closer than expected.

Not at those numbers needed to invade a complete country. Something like that wouldn´t go unnoticed. I see this as a hypothetical plot that has no reality chances.

If China would go for the USA, they would infiltrate the country in large numbers, disable primary defense sites and nuke strategical positions and towns.

I guess 4 or 5 nuked towns should be enough to make the USA surrender to them.

Anyway even if they did so, they would have a hard time upholding the occupatian, not because the general USA citizen has a weapon, but because the country is just too big and logistics won´t work.

But who knows maybe they are right at it and you just don´t notice wink_o.gif

chinese.jpg

Yep.. The KM aka. Caspian sea monster which was an ekranoplan that uses the wing in ground effect. If I remember correctly it was over 100m long and it weighed more than 500 ton.

caspian.jpg

Its pretty impratical and unwise for China to directly invade the U.S for political and economic reasons unless it is truly desperate due to some event in the future. However, theyre steadily modernising their military so that they can use brute force soviet tactics with western techology.

China invading Taiwan on the other hand, could be possible as this article explains. Although the plan is a best case scenario for China, it does raise many good points about why such airborne invasion could succeed.

Ya, I heard about that plane.  Crazy stuff, but of course in the mid 1900's we were testing all this crazy shiiet taht involved air planes and such.

Hey, do you guys think with China starting to rise in the world as an economic - market type big player that they might improve their military to something worth while for their 600 million soldiers....perhaps, better weapons, tanks, airplanes, etc.,etc.....?rock.gif

Oh ya, is it possible do you think ever for a massive ass invassion force of planes ever?  They have tons of folliage in some places, I think they could build a huge force without letting us know...somehow..

~Bmg

its a physical impossibility to conquer such a vast land as the USA or China.

The Mongols invaded and created an empire that reached the size of aprox. 33,152,000 sq. km sq. despite speaking in over a hundred different dialects, having no written language, vastly behind the various Novogrod, Kieven and European nations in terms of technology and weapons and no supply chain.

America is only 9,631,418 sq km, nothing is impossible.

Yep.. The KM aka. Caspian sea monster which was an ekranoplan that uses the wing in ground effect. If I remember correctly it was over 100m long and it weighed more than 500 ton.

http://www.home-taylor.freeserve.co.uk/caspian.jpg

They flew that in ground effect?!  Not for long.  There's no way they'd cross the ocean in that.  Hell they'd be so low they'd get picked off by waves.  Look at that wingspan, that's way too low to do any kind of long range flying unless you've got terrain following radar or something.

Yepp, that's exactly what happened and why the program was ultimately shut down: it couldn't handle rough sea. They lost their biggest prototype to some high waves.

The program was shut down in the 80's.

Still, they're damn impressive. These prototypes:

ekranoplan_sizes.jpg

.. were 1/3 of the final, planned size  wow_o.gif

The KM model, nicknamed "the caspian monster" could move near mach 1 with extremely little fuel consumption (about 1/10000 of what a jet would use). The prototype was 100 m long and weight 500 tons.

Video:

http://www.ingopagehome.de/franz/MOV_Ekrano_Lun.mpg

Quote[/b] ]China invading Taiwan on the other hand,

Ah, now that's where things get really complicated. China is currently working under the basis that direct confrontation with the US == bad business. So they indirectly haggle stuff like the situation in Hong Kong and Taiwan. They understand very well the west's fear of political correctness and our tendancy to be suck-ups in diplomacy because of the classical nature of democracy vs. communism.

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, you have a significant split in the population as to how to relate to Beijing. Those who lived on Taiwan prior to the Communist takeover are less sympathetic to those who fled from there. Regardless of the right or wrong of the Kai-Shek regime, you see wildcat situations like the allegedly staged attempted assaination of a leading Taiwanese presidential candidate in their last elections. There are probably as many people in Hong Kong who are happy for reunification, as there were who fled like the Hmong boat people from Vietnam and Cambodia.

In North Korea, they've been drinking out of the wrong well for far too long. However, as they learned very well in the Korean war, that as long as the US pursues a policy of non-engagement with China, North Korea can rattle the saber in proxy for China without ramifications.

Bringing in the Japanese, everyone hates the Japanese because they ran East Asia with a pretty bloody iron fist in the early 1900's, plus they were the inferior islanders, and how dare they rise up against the feudal aristocracy of Korea and China? As a result of the abject desolation and humiliation in WW2, Japan has become quite insular about the entire issue. There is little education and much public denial about what they did in their occupation, and when they try to reach out diplomatically they get called on the carpet for it.

Recently though, PM Junichiro Koizumi's government has increasingly been working to take more of a meditatory role. What traction that will have is as of yet uncertain, but the country is just now starting to publically admit that N. Korea is a threat under the guidence of China.

It's like a bad bowl ramen, you keep finding more weird stuff under all the noodles. tounge_o.gif Pass the chili oil, and don't spare the seeds.

its a physical impossibility to conquer such a vast land as the USA or China.

The Mongols invaded and created an empire that reached the size of aprox. 33,152,000 sq. km sq.  despite speaking in over a hundred different dialects, having no written language, vastly behind the various Novogrod, Kieven and European nations in terms of technology and weapons and no supply chain.

America is only 9,631,418 sq km, nothing is impossible.

well, in the paper they did that, when the world was far less populated...and in most cases they never did bother in occupying the territory they looted with an ocupation force.

I don't see what's so impressive about it. Ground effect only has a real effect within half a wingspan of the ground.  Judging by those pictures they'd have to be flying at under 30 feet at the most.  I don't see how this plane even got past the drawing boards.  At those speeds, 30 feet is just too low to be flying across the ocean.  Don't even think about flying across the land like that.  You'd find a radio tower the hard way before you even saw it coming.

Yepp, that's exactly what happened and why the program was ultimately shut down: it couldn't handle rough sea. They lost their biggest prototype to some high waves.

The program was shut down in the 80's.

Still, they're damn impressive. These prototypes:

http://www.mach3graphics.com/misc%20graphics/jpg/ekranoplan_sizes.jpg

.. were 1/3 of the final, planned size  wow_o.gif

The KM model, nicknamed "the caspian monster" could move near mach 1 with extremely little fuel consumption (about 1/10000 of what a jet would use). The prototype was 100 m long and weight 500 tons.

Video:

http://www.ingopagehome.de/franz/MOV_Ekrano_Lun.mpg