Sign in to follow this  
Tactician

WGL Mod 4.12 Update

i DL'd wgl4.12 a few weeks ago. and i tried it out and it was cool. I died often. which is fun rather than being too uber.

however, i have a few questions.

WGL replicates reality. so in co-op is there AI awareness of suppressing fire? do they keep their head down? and is there some way of ordering them to put fire on an area?

Love the pics

EDIT - doh. i asked a dumb question about heli's fuel. i took it out.

few Screen shots of wg4.0 or 5.0 Beta what ever there calling it  biggrin_o.gif

east.jpg

east1.jpg

east2.jpg

east3.jpg

east4.jpg

east5.jpg

i'm making a few custom mission in wgl 4.12 trying things out. once i'm used to it i'll take it up online.

i noticed quite a frame drop compared to vanilla ofp. is this due to wgl 'thinking' a lot more then normal ofp? it goes all the way down to the teens and even sometimes double digits. especially in towns.

terrain detail is normal. visibliablity less than 2000 (think its 1400).

running on amd 2800XP with radeon 9800 pro with 512MB ram so it shouldn't slow down so much.

my mod folder is clear expect for 3 anims files. all other mods are @sorted in main ofp directory.

PS - i DL'd wgl 5 beta dated 13 march from wgl website forum. is this the latest or is there a more recent version?

loving the realism smile_o.gif cheers

First off, WGL is a truly outstanding mod, and thanks for all the hard work.  That said, however, a suggestion for v5.0:

Re: Rotorwash Knockdown Effect --

In prior WGL versions, the effect was overdone.  While many things go awry and wreck havoc on the infantryman, rotorwash is not among the causes.  Rotorwash is a complete nonevent.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets knocked on their ass due to rotorwash.  Worst case, someone's bushcover gets blown 50m into the shrubs, or an officer loses some papers (thank god!), but surely this degree of realism is not required of a gaming mod.  

So I say drop the face-plant effect, and if you're still itchy to script an event that will knock an infantryman on his ass, add a fatigue, heat casualty or hypothermia script, or better yet, (USMC only) leak hydraulic fluid all over the interior of the bird and have the trooper slip-up on that.  ;-)

Again, thanks for the great mod.  Looking forward to v5.0.

woah. just tried wgl5 beta for the first time. absolutley awesome.

great work. and that map runs about twice as fast on my PC with higer visibility setting than gaia could.

brilliant.

1 bug - chinook gunner when takes his place the firing burst appears on gun even though not firing.

great work biggrin_o.gif

i'm making a few custom mission in wgl 4.12 trying things out. once i'm used to it i'll take it up online.

i noticed quite a frame drop compared to vanilla ofp. is this due to wgl 'thinking' a lot more then normal ofp? it goes all the way down to the teens and even sometimes double digits. especially in towns.

running on amd 2800XP with radeon 9800 pro with 512MB ram so it shouldn't slow down so much.

my mod folder is clear expect for 3 anims files. all other mods are @sorted in main ofp directory.

PS - i DL'd wgl 5 beta dated 13 march from wgl website forum. is this the latest or is there a more recent version?

loving the realism smile_o.gif cheers

when playing WGL ya shouldn't run other MO0Ds it can cause buggy shit to happen biggrin_o.gif

Just a quick update:

I am still working on it every day.  I have taken all or your input and modified WGL.  I am also adding several things.

Thanks for waiting.  It won't be too much longer.

smile_o.gif

fantastic news.

i have been playing around a lot with wgl 5 beta. just setting up bluefor VS opfor scenarios and observing them.

love the smoke and explosions and the general feeling of war. incredible mod. good work.

have a few questions...

1) COC UA integration. i know there's a slight sound based incompatability. will it be possible to include the ammended file for people like me new to PBO system?

2) buildngs on the great new island. will they be updated to look real? or will door dimensions be slightly bigger so chharacter head doesnt get stuck then glitch free?

3) is there a way to integrate other weapons from add-on makers but still have them use the amazing ballastics used in wgl? but this shound't delay the upcoming release. maybe use WGL modular weapon packs for this... or maybe release a short tutorail showing how... i miss the g3 and fn-fal which i believe would fit in perfectly with guerillas.

great mod. i really am eagerly awaiting version 5's release. it really has become my mod of choice to play...

And I don't like it ;) But it doesn't matter at all since here are some really great screenshots of WGL 5.0. Editor interface and new A10 cocpit look really fantastic. Great work Phaeden.

yeah itsfunny how the better the mod the harder ti si to wait for it.

this one is really hard to wait for.

Regarding that forum topic, is that radar building and EW site like the Eastern Bar Lock GCI, or is it just a high powered comm center?

Sorry it took so long to answer your questions, but here's a shot at them...

Twisted--

Quote[/b] ]i'm making a few custom mission in wgl 4.12 trying things out. once i'm used to it i'll take it up online.

loving the realism cheers

===================

1 bug - chinook gunner when takes his place the firing burst appears on gun even though not firing.

great work

===================

i have been playing around a lot with wgl 5 beta. just setting up bluefor VS opfor scenarios and observing them.

love the smoke and explosions and the general feeling of war. incredible mod. good work.

have a few questions...

1) COC UA integration. i know there's a slight sound based incompatability. will it be possible to include the ammended file for people like me new to PBO system?

2) buildngs on the great new island. will they be updated to look real? or will door dimensions be slightly bigger so chharacter head doesnt get stuck then glitch free?

3) is there a way to integrate other weapons from add-on makers but still have them use the amazing ballastics used in wgl? but this shound't delay the upcoming release. maybe use WGL modular weapon packs for this... or maybe release a short tutorail showing how... i miss the g3 and fn-fal which i believe would fit in perfectly with guerillas.

great mod. i really am eagerly awaiting version 5's release. it really has become my mod of choice to play...

Regarding the framerate drop - this should not happen. I know that with the Mar 13 WGL 5 BETA there were a few things that will make it crawl (like firing any minigun/gatlin gun), but overall everything is designed to be fast. I will look into it. The only off the top of my head thing I can think of is that you are using Normal terrain detail - I have mine set to VERY LOW (which is fine on Samak Hills (but I don't know about other islands)). As for the latest verion, MAR 13 is the latest (until later this week (I hope)). Regarding all visible firing flashes, I am aware of them and they will be fixed as soon as I Binarize the models. CoC integration - thats a really good question. I have worked very closely with the CoC team and admire their work. The hardest part with integrating it is that it is extremely complicated code. The hardest part would be to make sure that everything links up correctly. That being said though, a lot of the values are similar between WGL and CoC right now... so it is more a matter of just including it when you play. The buildings on Samak Hills are just place holders. The real buildings are much better. Creating a "blanking" format for weapons and ballistics is the age old OFP struggle. No easy answer there. smile_o.gif Thanks.

Centurian --

First off, WGL is a truly outstanding mod, and thanks for all the hard work. That said, however, a suggestion for v5.0:

Re: Rotorwash Knockdown Effect --

In prior WGL versions, the effect was overdone. While many things go awry and wreck havoc on the infantryman, rotorwash is not among the causes. Rotorwash is a complete nonevent. Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets knocked on their ass due to rotorwash. Worst case, someone's bushcover gets blown 50m into the shrubs, or an officer loses some papers (thank god!), but surely this degree of realism is not required of a gaming mod.

So I say drop the face-plant effect, and if you're still itchy to script an event that will knock an infantryman on his ass, add a fatigue, heat casualty or hypothermia script, or better yet, (USMC only) leak hydraulic fluid all over the interior of the bird and have the trooper slip-up on that. ;-)

Again, thanks for the great mod. Looking forward to v5.0.

I agree with you completely. In 5.0, the effect only causes temporary "blinking." Rotor Wash no longer knocks you down.

One more... of a mini-UAV - the Dragon Eye 2 (USMC). It is still BETA because I can't get it to work right just yet.

dragoneye.jpg

cool . great pics.

the slow down was in gaia map. on the new samak hills ofp runs twice as fast as ever on normal setting. very impressive....

and as for COC intergration a simple search on this website showed me the solution (which is editing the cocarty pbo and removing the lines starting with sounds[] ) and then COC works perfectly with it.

maybe you could simply include the edited COCArty pbo until COC update their mod.

cheers smile_o.gif

WGL 5.0 BC (Beta Candidate) released on Squad Engine Forum site. To downlaod it please go here.

Any comments questions suggestions are extremely welcome and would be very helpful for Phaeden so he could make OFP better than VBS1 ;)

Phaeden watch your file sizes please, 568kb is well over the allowed 100kb. Also please don't reply one post after another with just a pic, put them all in one post, makes the thread easier to read and navigate.

After a long time i've finally reinstalled OFP and installed WGL.

I was especially interested in the mortars, but i had to realize, that my former mapper-skills have all gone sad_o.gif

I really don't know how to use the mortar-team in the editor.

So I'm looking for a demo-mission for the editor with all files etc. so that I can see what I have to do to implement a working mortar... i even cant set up the mortar without getting an error-message crazy_o.gif

Can somebody please help me and load up a mission for the editor or mail it to: the-dwarf@ramsbeck.de

Therenas