Sign in to follow this  
Tactician

WGL Mod 4.12 Update

SOMEONE PLZ COPY AND PASTE A WORKING SCRIPT FOR THESE MORTARS, my stinking game keeps crashing to desktop as soon as I load the wgcti411 now!

why are you running 4.11 ? 4.12 is out... and plays much better

Hi Guys

Any updates for version 4.13

there is somthing being Done what is being Done not sure ya will have to wait and see eaither is will be 4.13 or 5.0

if it is 5.0 i hope some addon fixs are coming for the SVD texture biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]why are you running 4.11 ? 4.12 is out... and plays much better

Uh... there is nothing on your wglcti download section and I've search over your forums and the most recent cti is 4.1, and Im trying to mod the 4.11 cti to be compatiable with 4.12 mortors.

Links or anything to would be helpful.

here it is in plane text: I AM LOOKING FOR THE MISSION CTI FOR V4.12 WITH WORKING MORTARS

here it is in plane text:  I AM LOOKING FOR THE MISSION CTI FOR V4.12 WITH WORKING MORTARS

You mean Plain

I misundread your request for CTI.

SO FREAKING SORRY! IS THAT OK WITH YOU? MY GOD! THE HORROR! I MISREAD! OH GOD! IS IT POSSIBLE? I WILL BE SORRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

here it is in plane text:  I AM LOOKING FOR THE MISSION CTI FOR V4.12 WITH WORKING MORTARS

Mortar do work with 4.12 but i don't know of any finished missions as of yet WGLCTI map is in the works.

Quote[/b] ]SO FREAKING SORRY! IS THAT OK WITH YOU? MY GOD! THE HORROR! I MISREAD! OH GOD! IS IT POSSIBLE? I WILL BE SORRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Some members here make things way more complicated than they should be.

Quote[/b] ]Mortar do work with 4.12 but i don't know of any finished missions as of yet WGLCTI map is in the works.

So whats up with all the freakin "error" hint messages when I click Fire Control.

here it is in plane text: I AM LOOKING FOR THE MISSION CTI FOR V4.12 WITH WORKING MORTARS

Mortar do work with 4.12 but i don't know of any finished missions as of yet WGLCTI map is in the works.

No they don't, and we've been asking when WGLCTI plans on releasing a map or starting the first season. We've been with you the entire time but this is really stretching on too long.

Quote[/b] ]SO FREAKING SORRY! IS THAT OK WITH YOU? MY GOD! THE HORROR! I MISREAD! OH GOD! IS IT POSSIBLE? I WILL BE SORRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!

Some members here make things way more complicated than they should be.

Quote[/b] ]Mortar do work with 4.12 but i don't know of any finished missions as of yet WGLCTI map is in the works.

So whats up with all the freakin "error" hint messages when I click Fire Control.

what error message ? and what version ya playing on and who made the map and who ever made the map did he read the 4.12 read me witch has a new line of script in to put in the description text  biggrin_o.gif

NOTES

New method of setting up mortars in description.ext.

Instead of pasting the dialog code, use this line:

#include <wgl_veh_config\wglmortar.hpp>

This will use the code from the addon pbo (easier for us to update).

Obviously this is NOT compatible with older versions of WGL!

hope that helps ya out cause i no the motars do work with 4.12 i think there is mabe 1 bug left with one of the ammo types not sure tho i think they work for the most part smile_o.gif

No they don't, and we've been asking when WGLCTI plans on releasing a map or starting the first season. We've been with you the entire time but this is really stretching on too long.

things take time as all the work involved is a load im sure as the WG mod team has split up onto VBS stuff and the burdon is left on a few guys.

but work has started on the map after a discussion i had with Tact yesterday so hopfully not too much longer also WGLCTI site and ladder scripts are allmost complete some fine tuning too do and then that end will be ready.

also forums are gonna be merged too the site

i agree with ya it is taking quit sometime but quility takes time too create better for it too take time to do the job right and not rush about things hope this keeps ya in tune smile_o.gif

and new WG mod fixs comin somtime soon no projected time table but hell yas all know how WG mod team works bye now tounge_o.gif

rock.gif Why the AI often miss their target when they use RPG? I play a mission several days ago, mission object is to destroy enemy's tanks, but AI waste too many ammo. Is it a bug in WGL? sad_o.gif

just installed WGL.. and i gotta say.. i dont think its THAT good..

i looked on some pics, and saw those awesome explotions etc etc.. but when i played it i got deeply disapointed.. it barely got explotions at all.. just a small "pop"...

took e some time to dl it.. was looking on the beutiful pics.. but ..nooo.................. sad_o.gif

i looked on some pics, and saw those awesome explotions etc etc.. but when i played it i got deeply disapointed.. it barely got explotions at all.. just a small "pop"...

took e some time to dl it.. was looking on the beutiful pics.. but ..nooo.................. sad_o.gif

You should really try BFV or some other arcade.

You should really try BFV or some other arcade.

Err. where does BFV fits in in this topic? rock.gif

to ansert ur Q: i hate the BF games tounge_o.gif at least BFV

on topic:

is there any settings i gotta adjust to make the explotions etc as they are in the pix ?

They should be that way... did you install it as a modfolder or did you plop it into addons? Some people don't install it as a mod folder and get SERIOUS stability problems.

They should be that way... did you install it as a modfolder or did you plop it into addons? Some people don't install it as a mod folder and get SERIOUS stability problems.

yup- modfolder... on the pix the example A10 explotions lookes extreme.. ingame its small and shit tounge_o.gif (at leas to me)

Diablo, WGL is not made for taking nice pictures.

When they say: when realism counts you should finish that line with : dont expect hollywood nicelooking but ultra unrealistic explosions.

its all about immersion for people that like realistic gameplay.

Hop on zeus ( havent seen you there for a while :-) ) and play a wgl coop with the guys and you will see what I mean.

@ Jan. 18 2005,18:15)]Diablo, WGL is not made for taking nice pictures.

When they say: when realism counts you should finish that line with : dont expect hollywood nicelooking but ultra unrealistic explosions.

Hi,

Why can't we have both at the same time - ultra-realistic gameplay (which WGL brings to us) on the one hand and nice-looking objects on the other?

There are some great mods that mainly concentrate on graphics - Y2K3, ECP, EECP or FlashFX Modern Units and WGL focuses on realism only.

Combining these two aspects with each other isn't something that can not be done. I hope at least.

Kind regards,

voodzia

p.s.

Please excuse me my bad English.

Is it possible to use the effects of WGL with oher units? Would be nice to, for an example, be able to play with ORCS stuff and this at the same time.

At the guy with the explosion-trouble; maybe you aren't using the WGL units? They are (if my game isn't f'd up) the only ones using the cool effects. The other units get's the small pops you are talking about.

Anyway, your effects (WGL's effects that is) are the coolest one up to this date and even though many of the units uses the old textures they look great with the small things added and changed.

Cheerio, and keep it up!

Make sure your usin the right unit class like (WGL-Armor), (WGL-Men).

Quote[/b] ]Well I tried it, but unlike the Y2k or EECP mod it does not automatically replace the units in the game, so unless someone specifically builds a mission with the units then it doesn't replace them. As I said I'm not a mission builder, so the advantages of this mod are lost on me right now

I'll second that. I'm new to this mod, and just downloaded the full 4.12 installer today. I fired up Flashpoint with -mod=WGL in the command line, and then started to check out the default Single Missions. I thought something was wrong with my installtion, because the regular solder in Steal the Car still came with the standard M-16. No new sounds, no new grenade effects etc.

I figured my installation was corrupt, I just assumed this mod replaced all the default stuff with new stuff. I've played the default Campaigns all the way thru with EECP and Y2K3, and thought WGL would have the same effect. Is there anyway to turn this "mod" into a "reconfig"? I guess I didnt know the difference between a mod and reconfig before today!

Thanks!

WGL is not a replacement mode like y2k. It is a standalone mod that has many unique features. Think of it as a mod like BAS or ORC. You can include wgl troops and processes in battle that include other mods. It is not a complete rewrite of the base config.

Also to answer Diablo's issue. When this mod first came out I did not appreciate the full breadth of what they had done. After doing a little research on the web looking at actual mortar and artillery strikes in Afganhistan and Iraq, I concluded that the explosions in this mod are the most realistic. Mortars dont explode in a huge fire ball. They create a small dirty cloud that rapidly blows away in the wind. Only hollywood creates the fireballs.

WGL was originally designed for Wargames league play on servers that required good performance and not eye candy. I think it is one of the best mods done.

Amen to that, especially since it is one of the few mods where a 500lb bomb can actually do some serious damage with a larger blast radius like in RL.

The AI will also engage at +400 meters with rifles and machine guns, which is greatly appreciated and makes battles larger and more realistic.  It also includes accurate dispersion that very closely simulates accuracy of RL units.

The only thing I wish is that this mod would add some of the new units in it to make it better.  M901, HMMVV AT, new HMMVV variants, etc.