Sign in to follow this  
Blunt

Good Graphics Program?

I'm wondering if you guys could direct me towards a good graphics program. What I want to do is to create a logo for my campaign, so it's pretty much just words, but I want it to look cool.

The campaign is called Operation: Boiling Point, and I pictured the "Boiling Point" part with flames around the bottom, like on a stove top, and have the words bubbling or something.

First, is this fairly easy to accomplish or not? Second, what would be the best program to accomplish it on?

Adobe Photoshop 7 i guess its good enough if you know how to use it well.

Whats the logo gonna be like? Any rough idea? Maybe i can make one i like screwing around in PS its my fav pasttime tounge_o.gif

That's Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite. They call all their new products "CS", god knows why.

Adobe Photoshop for backgrounds, and image layers. Macromedia Fireworks MX for text.

You could also look at Paint Shop Pro (personally version 7 is just as good if not better than version 8 or 9) or GIMP if you want to spend less money.(or none in GIMP's case). http://www.gimp.org/ Photoshop is probably a little better than those, but PSP or GIMP can do most of what people need for a lot less that the cost of Photoshop. smile_o.gif

Thanks guys, I'm gonna check out some of those.

@Acecombat

That's pretty cool dude, but here's what I envision: Plain and simple text for "Operation:", then I want the "Boiling Point" part to have flames around the bottom, like on the bottom of a kettle. Then have the letters start to bubble at the tops or something like that.

Your's is pretty cool, but you don't have to trouble yourself making logos for me, lol. I need to learn this graphic stuff eventually anyway.

What are the advantages in Fireworks when creating a banner text, compared to photoshop?

I wouldn't say its any better, as in to use it instead of photoshop for text, but imo its just a more straight-forward version of Adobe Illustrator in regards to fonts. For example you can mod the font to a custom style, better AA quality, etc.

Not saying its necessarily better than Illustrator, but I do find it easier to use.

Anyhow, you get the best effects when you use all 3 together. smile_o.gif