Sign in to follow this  
Badgerboy

PDA's, and software

Hi all,

My Dell Axim X30 turned up today! I've played with a few, so I decided to get the best I could get for the moment. As work was paying, I loaded it with all the features I could get.

ie. 1gb SD card, 642mhz CPU, 3 different cases... etc

As an added bonus it turned up with a Dell GPS system which I didn't pay for! Couldnt find it on the invoices or delivery note, so I'm not saying anything!

Anyways, do the owners here (Denior) have a list or a decent site they visit for what they recommend as 'essential' software? I'll be doing a lot of wifi'ing at home and work, plus the usual cool gadgets/programs would be great as well. Particulary interested in decent VNC software, and a media player that actually saves the buffer to the PDA when playing. (MS Media Player buffers, stutters, and when it had completed and you click play again, it does it again!)

Thanks chaps!

This isn't an answer to your question, but do you like your Axim? Is there anything that you don't like about it? I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting one. They look pretty good for their price.

I am very pleased with it, and so far have not noticed any major faults.

The X30 is one of the best performing PDA's out there, and for the price is miles better than a Ipaq. Built in Wifi is fantastic, and all the programs run very quickly on a 600mhz CPU!

If you do get one, try to get another battery as well. Wifi'ing and watching movies drains the battery pretty quickly when your out and about! I'd highly recommend one of these. If you visit www.brighthand.com, there are a few X30 reviews on there.

(BTW, I'm writing this from bed on the X30, and streaming a movie in the background! smile_o.gif Now I can administer my machines in work from the breakroom! smile_o.gif )