Sign in to follow this  
orson

LAW sight

This is the .paa and .p3d for a LAW sight i made a while back. Its a direct copy of the real one , un-altered .

Its "as is" and can be used or modified in any way by anyone

LAWsight

lawsight.jpgHard drive boot sale  

Hmm looks good no use for me unless its in an addon.

Someone care to rig this thing in the JAM packs LAW? I am bored of the old sight. biggrin_o.gif

Well thats the idea , any addon makers would know exactly what to do with it should they want it smile_o.gif

LAW as in M72 LAW?

Another thing with it is getting it centered and sized properly so that it lines up perfectly like the UKF UGL-80 sight does.

I supose this sight could be use to replace the original one from BIS throught the configuration.

@CERO.

How did you add it ?

Put the LAWsight.p3d and the LAWsight.paa texture into your addon folder

Then open the LAWsight.p3d in O2 and re-path the texture to the one in your addon folder ( the one you just copied in)

Make sure all paths to the optic are correct in your config and it should work fine..but may need adjusting as i havnt tried it in game yet.

If anyone wants the original .tga file it was made from just let me know

Well, I just got O2light, but it's basicly the first time I try it... care to explain it a little more? smile_o.gif

Ok , mini tute...

I am presuming you allready have a LAW addon that you want to use this sight on.

Un-zip the LAWsight and put the .p3d and the .paa into your addon folder.

Now open the .p3d in O2 , it will just be a white square but dont worry , open the texture library "Alt - T"

Hold down "Ctrl" and double click on the "LAWsight.paa" , this should select the area with this texture aplied , in this case the whole square .

Now hold "Alt" again and left click once on the working area of your screen (anywhere near your model) , now press " E " to bring up the " Face properties " , bottom right of this tab you will see the texture path , click on the folder icon and navigate to the "LAWsight.paa" that you put in your addon folder , press "apply" and "ok" , now the texture should be pathed properly .

Now you have to tell the config where to find it.

Open the config and within the *cfgvehicles you should find

*gunnerOpticsModel ="\MyAddon\LAWsight.p3d";

*this is the code relevant for a vehicle , hopefully someone can give you the right line for a man portable weapon as i dont think man portable stuff has a cfgvehicles somehow wink_o.gif

And remeber , its not calibrated yet so it may require adjusting .

If its miles out and you arnt sure how to adjust it , let me know and i will zero it in for you when i get chance .

Sorry, still doesn't work! :-/

By the way, I'm using Oxygen Light, and I'm just trying to add it to the default LAW in the BIS config. Does that change the situation?

I've already tried to use the ranging sight for the LAW (I own a training version, non-firing) but Capt. Adam Moore says that OFP's rocket performance doesn't jive with the ranging ticks on the sight.

If you're interested, I also recorded the sound of the LAW being put into operation. NOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com