Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

I just seriously f*cked up my computer...

@Moderators: please be leniant, I know this isnt about war or anything like that and might be too offtopic for offtopic thread but I am really desperate and on the verge of smashing my keyboard through the monitor. Please be leniant.

Hello, somehow I managed to get my comp running long enough for me to write a cry of help.

Yesterday, my friend and I were having a lan party which isnt unusual and I have had no problems with it before.

The problem started when this computer crashed, and when I tried to restart it didnt work so I just pressed the power button. When the computer was starting up again, it showed the message that some windows system file was corrupted and I needed to do a system recovery. I did, and when I started up again, I really fuked something up big time.

Pretty much everything has been saved except my account. My user account - the only one on the system - was deleted, and I have to log on with a temporary one each time. I dont know how but my old account is simply not used but all the stuff, like my documents, games, and everything is still on the c drive.

Also, every single time I start a new application, or click a new window, a microsoft Money 2002 installer keeps starting up and wont let me proceed until I shut it down,

Here is my question,

How the hell do I keep that damn installer from starting up every single time I click on the start menu or some other little thing,

how do I make a permanent user account and transfer all my documents and games to it ( is that understandable?)

My comp is also really lagging whenever I try to move a window from one place to another, never has happened before and it didnt before the crash, I have a Nvidia 6800 that I just bought and it really ticking me off,

I really would like some help,

I would do anything it takes just to start with a clean slate, and a working computer,

please tell me how to fix this and what drivers I need and all that other stuff.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

sad_o.gif

Perhaps the System Restore option can help (if you haven't switched it off before)? Go to Start-All Programes-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore.

forgot to mention.. I already did the system restore and it just added to the chaos that is my computer sad_o.gif

Starting up> Blue screen press f10> System recovery> Make sure you choose the one that deletes all files.

If you don't want all files deleted I don't know what to tell you.