Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

hey Codarl!

WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP WRITING! I'M TRYING TO READ OTHER POSTS HERE!

i you have an opinion,then it's fine.keep it for yourself.

....Okay?

I know that the people do this in their free time, However, something I do not agree with is the attitute some members in Inv. 1944 have.

Also, I know FDF and Inv. 1944 aren't thesame, However, people sometimes seem to be forgetting what FDf did. Moreover, I didn't heard anything about features of the Inv. 1944 mod. all we're getting is screens of pretty textures. As soon as people ask about what Inv. 1944 is planning they're told it's none of their business.

Either way, I guess Marcel will haul some heavy object at me when I get online. this'l be fun smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Moreover, I didn't heard anything about features of the Inv. 1944 mod. all we're getting is screens of pretty textures. As soon as people ask about what Inv. 1944 is planning they're told it's none of their business.

Well as the screens show that is what they actually look like huh.gif

weve got our own explosions, tracers, voices, animations, animated hands (animated hands wont be in phase 1 though, or they maybe, well atleast there working ingame, im still perfecting them though)

oh and about the "competeing with RHS" (just jumping back for a second :P)

now if we were, wouldnt it be a bit silly seeing as we have an RHS member on our team? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]As soon as people ask about what Inv. 1944 is planning they're told it's none of their business.

AFAIK noone has been told that smile_o.gif weve told what phases were planning, ok so we havnt been so verbal on the features front that much, but weve got a barrel of things inthe mod

Wildo

All this talk of FDF mod and here I've heard the exact same negative comments about them when it comes to them discussing their mod.

Basically...if the mod is good, thats all that matters.

I think waiting for INV44 goes by faster than reading one of Codarl's long winded whiny posts.

What about the videos Inv44 has released in the past month or so? That shows off a great amount of features, including the mortar effects which I found to be a great addition to the game.

Congesting the forums with complaining and whining is doing just that, if not testing the nerves of some of the Inv44 Team.

about the "competeing with RHS" (just jumping back for a second tounge2.gif )

now if we were, wouldnt it be a bit silly seeing as we have an RHS member on our team? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

What I meant was trying to get thesame texture/model quality, etc. so "comparing" would be the best word wink_o.gif .

One way or the other, things come down to this: Some members like to post screens of their work, and get the compliments for them, yet they give nothing in return but a false (from 2001 till today atleast) promise of a release, anybody that comments about that gets the answer the authors don't owe them anything.

The authors are right, but morally I think it's disgusting.

...With that said, Wildo, inv. 1944 team, Big egos lead to Anger leads to hate, hate leads to agressive posting, agressive posting leads to suffering. Good luck with the mod, just beware about the behaviour of some of your members wink_o.gif .

One way or the other, things come down to this: Some members like to post screens of their work, and get the compliments for them, yet they give nothing in return but a false (from 2001 till today atleast) promise of a release
Quote[/b] ]modteams for working for 18 months on their mod (and not 3 years like other fairy tale writers have said). The fact that a mod exists since OFP was released doesn't mean that they have been working on the same project since that date.

Why would they give any whining person info when they can't even get their facts right? Market Garden has only been the focus since mid-2004. Before that it was Normandy and Sicily.

I've told him many times before, but he likes to believe his own fairy tales, so even when you give him info he twists it to have it follow his way of thinking. Not worth discussing therefore. If you don't like what Inv 44 (or any other modteam) does, then don't post here, as Marcel has said. Whining about modteams is not in any way constructive criticism.

And playing with my addons.....strange, but I don't recall any of your missions, while they should be vastly superiour to anything I could come up with (ego?) icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]but a false (from 2001 till today atleast) promise of a release, anybody that comments about that gets the answer the authors don't owe them anything.

The authors are right, but morally I think it's disgusting.

but yet you give false statements on how long the project has been in the works

its right we dont owe YOU anything, and neither do you owe US (the mod team(s))

we dont pay you to stare at our pictures, play with the models, etc... you just give us the satisfaction that you can spend your time looking at what we have created and giving us help on making it better

so it goes both ways smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]...With that said, Wildo, inv. 1944 team, Big egos lead to Anger leads to hate, hate leads to agressive posting, agressive posting leads to suffering. Good luck with the mod, just beware about the behaviour of some of your members

than again community members which whine and moan at 99% of mod teams deserve the replies they get from mod members (this goes for EVERY MOD), and youll not find one mod out there who doesnt have a member in the team who has an ego problem (be it good or bad)

and dont forget, whining posts will always be shunned upon by many forum members who get fed up of the constant backlash from all this, yes i HATE saying that fucking phrase "its done when its done" over and over, but people have to realise that we wont give a release date for it unless we are certain we can get it out on the said date, its a bitter thing to swallow, but it happens all through life smile_o.gif

Wildo

but people have to realise that we wont give a release date for it unless we are certain we can get it out on the said date

As broken ''promises'' would only make the situation worse.

It's a vicious circle:

You don't give a release date and people complain.

You give a release date but you don't stick to it and they still complain.

Just a reminder that we are still looking for people to lend a voice to the campaign, we are in need of:

British, Irish, Scottish, Welsh & Dutch accents as well as German speakers. Send me a PM if interested or stop by the I44 forum, voice acting thread here

I just read through the words that need a german translation.

Obviously you guys aim at a great detail but some things sound a bit wrong to me:

Team:

Team Blau

Team Grün

Team Rot

Team Weiß

Team Gelb

I bet no german would have said "team" back then. I would use the words "Teilgruppe", "Trupp" or "Gruppe" (Gruppe is a whole squad though).

Rührt euch

I don't know what you want to express with this but this is a term that is used in the german army for drill exercices. One would not use it during a battle in the field. I think you should use a term like "take it easy" which means something like "Alles ruhig".

Versetzte Kolonne formen

A staggered column is called a "Schützenreihe" in the german army (and it was also called like this in the Wehrmacht)

Linie formen

A line is called a "Schützenrudel" in the german army (and it was also called like this in the Wehrmacht).

Haltet euer Feuer

I would translate "hold fire" into "Nicht Schiessen" or even better: "Stopfen".

heilen bei

You can't translate heal to heilen. This sounds wrong. One would say "versorgen".

Arzt benötigt bei

I would use the word "Sanitäter" instead of "Arzt".

Statusreport

The correct german word for this is "Bestandsmeldung".

I hope this helps a bit. It would be great if the translated german words were authentic.

Would help creating a unique WW2 atmosphere.

Arzt benötigt bei

I would use the word "Sanitäter" instead of "Arzt".

I think "Sani" (short for Sanitäter) would be the best translation here. smile_o.gif

Tinitoon please come to the I44 forum voice thread as the german translation of the radio commands has been a subject of great debate for a while now and since i do not speak german i cant contribute anything to it.

Why not also include 'Sanitäter!'? If the situation is intense one word comes to mind when injured.

Just remove from link this -> /%3CMETA%20HTTP-EQUIV='refresh'%20content='3;URL=http://www.milli-harekat.org'%3E

And now you can read all theards, it's not best solution and if anyone know better way of solving it would be great...

We will be moving to ofp.info soon enough seeing as it costs SFG a bomb to keep the site up and seeing as were hacked it sort of fucks the lots up confused_o.gif

Hackers are the scourge of today, the lot of them suck shit and I hope they ALL die (a nice....HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH whistle.gif )

Wildo (As you can see im a tad tizzled off whistle.gif )

Since the forums are still down sad_o.gif

Any chance of a small update here?

i wish i had a life like this guy.

going n messing up something so bewtiful  tounge2.gif

can someone hunt him down n mame him.... crazy_o.gif

anyway winters hope to see more good work.

keep it up n dont let this dickhead mess it up for u n the INV44 team.

I understand what you mean, I truly hate it when dumb crap like this happens in this community.

Too much time + No sex = dumb shit like that.

We will be back up soon once we finish moving. in the meanwhile enjoy some of this:

Lookie Lookie

yay.gif peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat yay.gif