Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

great news to see this mod still progressing. Looking forward to Phase 1 when its ready. About to look at the other shots, but the ones above look fantastic.

Thats pretty much breathtaking biggrin_o.gif

Its good to read that you're in the campaign phase now... I assume you've finished the addons now and are in misison testing and smaller things like radio commands right? How have the custom animations and the inv44 special effects come along?

You need to give your British Officer model a shirt and tie. We Brits go into battle looking the best wink_o.gif. Plus it's more authentic that way.

Screen`s,screen`s and screen`s ( notworthy.gif ) but, where is Mod? Release date or something wink_o.gif

Questions, qustions, questions.

Ok first off @Postduifje: spelling and grammatical errors have been/will be corrected. i mus have seen the towns name mispelled someplace as i wouldnt have known before how to spell it and i wouldnt have just guessed.

@Espectro: we are really working hard and pressing for a release soon, this bit is just me speculating but if its not a major chore to port over to ArmA you could make a good bet we will do it. But phase 1 is still initially being released for Res.

@Esti_the_big: without giving too much away i can say that in order to make a campaign the mod must reach a point where your island is playable and the units are working properly. The animations are good and the effects are coming along nicely.

@YacieK: all i can say is that with the campaign being made that should give you an idea that its not gonna be long until "R"-day pistols.gif

It maybe happend that they used old chards\maps from before 1932 I dunno.

But the Zuider Zee became the IJselmeer in 1932 wink_o.gif

Your campaign work looks promising but by looking at the pics I see no progress of the mod itself.

This probably means that your still using a early alpha or a beta version?

So any word on the progress itself?

*edit I know I was slow tounge2.gif

Shadowy, we have made tremendous progress recently, i wanted to keep the screenies simple while giving a sample of the campaign.

Hey winters, nice shots smile_o.gif, just one question for you, żIs going to be phase 1 released translated onto spanish? If the answer is no, and if u want, i can translate it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You need to give your British Officer model a shirt and tie. We Brits go into battle looking the best

I'm not going to call you a pansy...I promise.

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You need to give your British Officer model a shirt and tie.  We Brits go into battle looking the best

biggrin_o.gif

They better give him a good face(Sean Connery face) tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]You need to give your British Officer model a shirt and tie.  We Brits go into battle looking the best

biggrin_o.gif

It's all psychological - must have pissed the Germans off being shot by men wearing ties and speaking with posh accents. I know it'd give me an edge taking on some Hauptmann. Hehe.

It is, however, a fact that all British officers in the ETO were supposed to wear a tie.  Even with a denison smock!  I want! mad_o.gifsmile_o.gif.

Hmm just watched the first one and it was very nice, going to download the other three now!

So when is the release planned? biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

wow awesome effects.

it looks like a whole new game not OFP. wow_o.gif

can't wait! xmas_o.gifPlease release it when santa arrives xmas_o.gif

wow, very very nice.

I'm really looking forward to the release wink_o.gif

Nice impressions, indeed.

But the MG42 file is corrupted. Tried five times to d/l and to unpack, doesn't work.

Could you check this?

sad_o.gif

edit:

sixth d/l works now. Nice job!

Guest major gandhi

can somebidy put up a mirror please?

Are the sounds taken from Close Combat 2? I think at least a couple are, especially from vid #1. Also, the mortar impacts way too rapidly. It's not a low angle weapon, it's a high angle one, meaning there should be a significant pause between the shot and impact.

probably the greatest looking thing I've seen for ofp up to date biggrin_o.gif

Those graphics are nothing more than stunning... Great sounds as well, especially the kubelwagen!

Absolutely stunning, can't wait to try this out when it is released. Wondering about the grass tho, the FPS in the movies seemed ok, what kind of rig was the game running on?

Those effects for the mortars look faaaaantastic! I can't wait to be running/dodging/dying through all of that dirt! The MG 42 sounds angry pistols.gif !

Guest major gandhi

the mortar effect looks a little bit like the standard ecp-explosion