Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

Uhm yeah well OFP's been out for what? 4 years, and with the tons of addons no ones bothered to replace the ugly human models. So I thought someone could at least take a model from another game, I've seen it done with that Halo mod. And of course I don't really mean steal, I'm sure theres some other game or mod that'd let you use their models...

Bother to check BIS civilian soldier models and you might notice they look much better, not only some parts like shoes and boots but overall they look quite smooth and nicely textured, especialy like how the hands atach properly to the arms.

Its a shame not all OPF units look this good but seeing how the engine is now 3+ years old there are some performance limitations to what it can render in apropriate quantity its understandable smile_o.gif .

"Chuby" quake3 CoD models dont look all that great either...

Winters thanks for the update.

Cervomix I actually did offer to help and actually sent JoJimbo a demo of an animation I did to see if it worked for him and never heard back. For what its worth.  wow_o.gif

Your welcome,

We are good to go with animations, what we could use is a texturist and/or a good modeler to make some of the buildings. If your still interested PM me and i will forward your interest to Joji.

er.... i dont like them, looks veeeeeeeeeeeeeery bad, bad textures, not realistic models, you know..... tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

will you have new explosion effects and stuff? biggrin_o.gif

oh, and hope the sounds are as real as the textures biggrin_o.gif

Im glad someone posted the pics for me biggrin_o.gif

Yes we will have new explosions, our coder is making new particle effects scripts that are very nice indeed.

I don't get it, my tanks looks like crap and the tanks from the pics looks amazig.

Time to buy a new grapich card.

What about those commands they use radio like in original OFP or you have replaced them?

It will be nice if they wont use radio becouse then it will make WW2 unrealistic sad_o.gif

I don't get it, my tanks looks like crap and the tanks from the pics looks amazig.

Time to buy a new grapich card.

That's the magic of marfy and matthias putzer

Arch. wink_o.gif

hey all nice pictures very nice.  I can't wait for phase 1 but I kinda found a problem.  That is not a stug 3 G in is ectaully a STUH 42 because it doesn't have a muzzle break.  All stugs except late stugs had muzzle breaks.  But if this was a late it would have a remote MG not that steal plate and a sokpoh mantel not this one. just saying.

but again i just looked this up on google so i can be wrong.

Just thought to let you guys know.  I'd still play the mod and  I love yall work.

keep on working hard

Sturmhaubitze ? the barrel doesn't look like one of a 75mm gun

those screenshots look incredible:O

I hope you're effects will look as great as well! Are their going to be new animations?

"Sturmhaubitze" is for Assault Howitzer. The 75mm gun was replaced by a 105mm howizter for support inside a sturmgeschütz abteilung  smile_o.gif

Some StuH 42 hadn't muzzle brakes I44 & GanjaSmuggler are right  wink_o.gif

stuh_42.jpg

S83.jpg

Just found this on OFP.Info:

Quote[/b] ]Inv44 Mod announced that they will be expanding. A Normanday Map is also planned. Jean Christophe will be creating the Normandy map. 5 New sceens were also released on the Inv44 Forums. Jean Christophe has created new corn textures, new trees, new textextures, and modified grasses of Jojimbo grasses for this map.

And this incredible sweet screen:

normandy1s.jpg normandy2s.jpg

normandy3s.jpg normandy4s.jpg

normandy5s.jpg

Awesome! wow_o.gif

That looks almost photorealistic. wow_o.gif

Truly, grass and other basic vegetation is the way of future maps in OFP, like John's winter island and this one, I've never seen flat ground like on Nogova in real life. wink_o.gif

... I've never seen flat ground like on Nogova in real life. wink_o.gif

Fisit the northern part of Germany or the Netherlands tounge_o.gif

maybe stupid Q, but: is there any demo island (or incomplete-version) for download? ...i wish to know how much FPS i will get with all the grass (AMD 2500+, nVidia FX5900 XT)

"Sturmhaubitze" is for Assault Howitzer. The 75mm gun was replaced by a 105mm howizter for support inside a sturmgeschütz abteilung  smile_o.gif

Some StuH 42 hadn't muzzle brakes I44 & GanjaSmuggler are right  wink_o.gif

yup.

the early panzerkampfwagen IV (panzer4) had a short-bareled 75mm gun. this meant a low muzzle-velocity and proved to be incapable of penetrating haevier armor. So it was changed to the long barreled gun later in the war.

the early short-barreled weapons were great for infantry support and for destroying buildings. the sturmhaubitze's were awesome for taking about buildings.

maybe stupid Q, but: is there any demo island (or incomplete-version) for download? ...i wish to know how much FPS i will get with all the grass (AMD 2500+, nVidia FX5900 XT)

Sorry, there is no demo version available to the genral public at this time.

Sorry, there is no demo version available to the genral public at this time.

You could try and take a look at this;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6698

Picture

It's not even close to the INV44 island, but it has a lot of grass. If you can run this fine, I'm pretty sure you can run the inv44 island. But since I don't have the inv44 island, I'm only guessing.

An other island you could try is the Normandy map from Jean Christophe. That one contains a lot of grainfield and stuff like that. Also custom trees and buildings.

A very good test for the speed of your system is the Newland island. This island contains way to much objects to be healthy, so if your rig can run that island than you can be very sure about the fact that your rig can run the inv44 island.

Hope this helps a bit.

btw; RAM is also very important for OFP. My rig runs quite good and thats mostly because of the 1.5 gig of RAM.

Well guys, as you probably all read on the headline, Jojimbo released new shots of the Arnhem map we're making. Here are a few pics of the map as it stands now which includes

help from John and Jean.

The Paratroops will land around here West of Wolfhezen

po1.jpg

[ig]http://jojimbo.com/i44images/po2.jpg[/img]>100kb

Krafft's SS will block them about here along a ridge East of Wolfhezen

[im]http://jojimbo.com/i44images/po3.jpg[/img]>100kb

po4.jpg

[ig]http://jojimbo.com/i44images/po5.jpg[/img]>100kb

po6.jpg

Regards,

Horvath.