Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Skydiving

Skydiving.......one of the many things on the 'to do before I die' list....... biggrin_o.gif

Probably you should keep it pretty far at the end of that list - you never know  tounge_o.gif

I think the oldest ever skydiver was about 99 years of age.......don't want to leave it that late. The ticker might not be up for it by then wink_o.gif

From a local dropzone... 97 and still adventurous!

http://www.skydivetheranch.com/video_page/beatrice.wmv

I probably wouldn't do it just for the thrill of it in civilian life. But if/when I'm in the military, if I get the chance and have to train or do it, I guess I would then wink_o.gif

Military jumps are not pleasant... Those chutes come down *fast* to minimize time up in air, and all that stuff in your ruck won't help at all. Injuries are very common when jumping round chutes with full load.

I hope to do it next year.

"What's the point in living, if you can't feel alive?"

"What's the point in living, if you can't feel alive?"

James Bond: The world is not enough tounge_o.gif

Or suicide... They found scissors used to cut up the parachute from his car and only found his DNA from them.

DNA test shows skydiver may have killed himself

Must be disgusting to see your friend falling down while your parachute opens  crazy_o.gif

Must be very disgusting to realize that your parachute doesn't open... damn waiting to die must be very very very crappy  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

If it wasn't suicide of course... if it was then maybe he didn't mind THAT much...

Last year i went to some mine where 4 Italians fell down 1 km by accident.  Must be horrible too  crazy_o.gif  

Especially because you have no idea when you hit the ground.

Scary shit...