Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Top 10 most realistic FPS games

This thread is about the most realistic games out there.

Here are what I think. 1 being the most, and 10 being the least.

1) SWAT3 - This game was/is the most realistic FPS there is. The weapon dynamics to the AI that was incredible. The damage was the most realistic aspect of the game. Most enemies died first shot to the center of mass depending on what weapon you used and what kinds of ammunition. This game goes beyond a "game" and should be called a SWAT sim.

It was a true tactical shooter.

2) Operation Flashpoint - The movements are all perfect. It is not overly shiny and it is just plain realistic on most all fronts. It's only unrealistic quality is the damage system. I mean it takes 2-3 shots with to the center of mass with a sniper rifle to down an enemy? The damage system was way off base in this game.

3) Delta Force 2- This game is ultimately realtic on all fronts except for movement. You run at a constant steady pace the whole time, it is like you are gliding. You run like a robot or super soldier.

4) Delta Force Black Hawk Down- Ok, this is a long shot, but I can't think of any others at the time. Enemies dye when you shoot them as they should. But the movements suffer from the same problem as Delta Force 2. Too even and robotic feeling.

That's all I can think of, howabout you?

I can't give a list, Rainbow 6 was a realistic title, as was AA, and Ghost Recon. Flashpoint is at the top of my list though, those are just some other relatively-realistic FPS's.

Flashpoint is FPS game?  rock.gif

Hmm yes...and more. FPS is short for First Person Shooter, and you can play with first pers view in OFP... but you can also use 3rd pers and tactical view, so OFP is a multitalented sonofa... smile_o.gif

Not many FPS games I can think of if realism is everything...

OFP obviously!

SWAT 3 - for reasons as stated by Icefire

Most Clancy games can be viewed as pretty realistic (the whole R6 series, GR and SOAF), but I feel these titles comes in short when compared to OFP and SWAT 3.

America's Army to some degree...

Hmmm are there more?

Full Spectrum Warrior will perhaps be realistic (haven't tried the Xbox version, just waiting for the PC version)

SWAT 4 will hopefully continue the trend from SWAT 3 (if they make a more actiongame out of it, I will be pissed off!)

Ghost Recon 2? ...maybe not...

What about Doom3? rock.gif

This game is at the forefront of latest in gamephysics , models , lightnings and looks totally real not to mention scary.

Ofcourse OFP is in too biggrin_o.gif

What about Doom3?  rock.gif

This game is at the forefront of latest in gamephysics , models , lightnings and looks totally real not to mention scary.

Ofcourse OFP is in too  biggrin_o.gif

Well, it is a si-fi game and hardly realistic, because of that.

There is actually no realistic game. I am still waiting.

Hmmmm i would prefer Vietcong (no, not only because of the nam topic but because of the handling, aiming etc.)

And soon i think i'll prefer MoH: Pacific Assault. The demo was/is awesome!  biggrin_o.gif

What about Doom3?  rock.gif

Ofcourse OFP is in too  biggrin_o.gif

Well, it is a si-fi game and hardly realistic, because of that.

There is actually no realistic game. I am still waiting.

Were not talking about reality in terms of what we have today and what we dont have.

Realism is very much there in Doom 3 in terms of real world physics and general handling along with guns , its all about portraying something and doing it very lifelike almost real thats how we define 'realism' in games. And Doom3 does a good job at portraying its own futuristic world.

Quote[/b] ]1) SWAT3 - This game was/is the most realistic FPS there is. The weapon dynamics to the AI that was incredible. The damage was the most realistic aspect of the game. Most enemies died first shot to the center of mass depending on what weapon you used and what kinds of ammunition. This game goes beyond a "game" and should be called a SWAT sim.

All characters move at a snail's pace, no running/storming allowed, enemies act as if they were dropped into the level from the sky (probably because of their randomness) and wander around aimlessly, and most importantly, you cannot subdue anyone other than shooting them, and they die from toe shots. When you try to incapacitate an enemy he dies immediately from being shot in the toe, leg, finger etc. I didn't even know there were hit zones in SWAT 3. rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]3) Delta Force 2- This game is ultimately realtic on all fronts except for movement.

"Realtic" on all fronts? What about, say, weapon handling? Run for 500 meters, stop, look through the scope on your M4 while standing and shoot a guard at 1000 meters without breaking a sweat, and kill him with a leg shot.

Quote[/b] ]

4) Delta Force Black Hawk Down- Ok, this is a long shot, but I can't think of any others at the time. Enemies dye when you shoot them as they should.

4) All weapons kill all enemies when hit in any body part with one shot. Including the beretta. On the contrary, in the book Black Hawk Down the Deltas complain about their armor-piercing 5.56 rounds that sometimes can't incapacitate an enemy even with several shots. "Dye when you shoot them as they should"...you know that in real life people don't die instantly like in Hollywood movies right? rock.gif

I think Raven Shield is very realistic, but your men die a bit too easily, they should be able to go down but still live in the next mission, among other things.

Ill mark Ofp as the most realistic ,not only due to it's dammage model but also due to the largeness of it's enviroment.A game like Swat 3 doesn't allow the hughe room and as thus the possibilety of flanking tactics or the relative effeciant use of multiple vehicle's that OFP has.

Yes Ofp has some small realism quircks ,but due to it's overall potential and it's overall "wideness" it's a way more reallistic small unit battle simulator than any other game.

I mean it takes 2-3 shots with to the center of mass with a sniper rifle to down an enemy? The damage system was way off base in this game.

rock.gif

the most realistic game ever is Falcon 4.0 (with FF3 installed)

Everything is simulated in Falcon 4.0 and whatever is simulated is done as realistic as possibile on a personal computer.

I mean it takes 2-3 shots with to the center of mass with a sniper rifle to down an enemy? The damage system was way off base in this game.

rock.gif

Yeah, I rarely need a second shot with the Dragunov

OFP (overall the best game)

AA:AO (my favourite machinegunning game  tounge_o.gif )

Ravenshield (lot´s of weapons with all different stats, i like the pistols in this game)

SoF 1&2 (best damage model technology i´ve seen yet)

Global Ops (all attachements affect the handling of the weapon directly, same as in Ravenshield..i like these features)

these are the only "newer" fps´ which i * consider being realistic.

edit: * actually played and

My list

OFP

Hidden & Dangerous 2

Vietcong

Ghost Recon

Red Orchestra for UT 2004. It's only MP but the realism is top notch

Half Life2 (alpha)

Stalker:Shadow of chernobyl(alpha)

Doom 3

Rainbow Six:Raven shield+datadisks

Far Cry

Ofp

CoD

In my opinion COD barely qualifys even if you play it on highest difficulty.....its just the way that the AI behaves mainly....like, given a choice of you or 30 comrades to shoot at, a machine gunner will always pick you....and the way you are automatically seen, ect ect.....

When you try to incapacitate an enemy he dies immediately from being shot in the toe, leg, finger etc. I didn't even know there were hit zones in SWAT 3. rock.gif

I think Raven Shield is very realistic, but your men die a bit too easily, they should be able to go down but still live in the next mission, among other things.

some one played the rong game I think I used to use the Shoot the tangos whit FMJ and see then go down alive you could just shoot them in the legs whit FMJ and they would stop beeing a theart and you would on beginner level get points for not killing them. also when in a hostage situation I acctualy prefered FMJ cause it would stop the Tango and if I where so unlucky to hit a hostage it offen would pass right thru(not the torso thoug) whit out killing it, but when you where using JHP the bullet would not penetrade the Tango's bodyamor alto sometimes a double tab to centermass was able to bring them down the bad thing is that an un amored taget would nearly(could survive leg and arm hits) always die when hit by the bullet and would mean failur if you where so onlucky to hit A hostage.

About RS it is not that realistic it tryes to be realistic but somethings is just terrible rong like the G36K being more powerful(or was it accurate) then an M4(has longer barrel) and shots in this game is just terreible rong cause when you zoom the sight dosen't spread as in the old games where the pistols where good at close combat and bad at longer range here they jsut suck as they have the same spread on 100m as on 1m also I think they are much to slow to regain sight a M4 and MP5 is just as or quicker than most pistoles and there for the pistloes are more or less un usable and just for fun or when you run out of ammo for your main gun. also Ennemys are much too quick and too accurate.

STGN

When you try to incapacitate an enemy he dies immediately from being shot in the toe, leg, finger etc. I didn't even know there were hit zones in SWAT 3. rock.gif

some one played the rong game I think I used to use the Shoot the tangos whit FMJ and see then go down alive you could just shoot them in the legs whit FMJ and they would stop beeing a theart and you would on beginner level get points for not killing them. also when in a hostage situation I acctualy prefered FMJ cause it would stop the Tango and if I where so unlucky to hit a hostage it offen would pass right thru(not the torso thoug) whit out killing it, but when you where using JHP the bullet would not penetrade the Tango's bodyamor alto sometimes a double tab to centermass was able to bring them down the bad thing is that an un amored taget would nearly(could survive leg and arm hits) always die when hit by the bullet and would mean failur if you where so onlucky to hit A hostage.

About RS it is not that realistic it tryes to be realistic but somethings is just terrible rong like the G36K being more powerful(or was it accurate) then an M4(has longer barrel) and shots in this game is just terreible rong cause when you zoom the sight dosen't spread as in the old games where the pistols where good at close combat and bad at longer range here they jsut suck as they have the same spread on 100m as on 1m also I think they are much to slow to regain sight a M4 and MP5 is just as or quicker than most pistoles and there for the pistloes are more or less un usable and just for fun or when you run out of ammo for your main gun. also Ennemys are much too quick and too accurate.

STGN

No I've played it through twice (not gold edition) and you kill people 1 out of 2 times when you shoot them in the foot. Also, the rubber bullets for the M4 don't really have any effect, they just keep the enemy from firing, no-one actually surrenders even if you pound them with a mag of those things and tell them to surrender 5 times. tounge_o.gif

No I've played it through twice (not gold edition) and you kill people 1 out of 2 times when you shoot them in the foot. Also, the rubber bullets for the M4 don't really have any effect, they just keep the enemy from firing, no-one actually surrenders even if you pound them with a mag of those things and tell them to surrender 5 times. tounge_o.gif

Okay mine was the gold edition.

Do you know where the 7 bombs are in the sueres I have only found 6 until now and I have even drawn a map on paper and marked them and then shearched the tunnels again and again?

And year those rubber bulets sucked a bit but I think you can use then to shot the guns out of thier hands like whit normal ammo but I am not sure.

STGN

Do you know where the 7 bombs are in the sueres I have only found 6 until now and I have even drawn a map on paper and marked them and then shearched the tunnels again and again?

Nope, that was the only mission I had to cheat through. I only found about 4 IIRC. sad_o.gif

Yes OFP is overall the best game!

It hasn't END on the islands.

You can swim...

But you will die.

Anyway some units in OFP new addons can swim!