Sign in to follow this  
Homefry

Animated/Modded Weapons

I played around a little with the HEP weapons pack today, and I shot the 1911 a little, and after watching the slide move, etc., I got to wondering... could the same be done for a primary weapons? For example, if you reloaded, the magazine could be removed, and replaced...

The other thing has to do with hidden selections, I think.... (I'm not an addon maker, hence the post.) Couldn't you have, lets use an example of an M4 (since there are many out there, in many different forms). Parts of the model could be hidden, until you wanted them to be shown. For example, the M4 SOPMOD in the INQ's pack. If you give the weapon SD mags, the silencer appears. Couldn't something similar be used to show different pieces of kit on the model, such as different magazines, etc. The only limitations I know of for this is the optics... as they are defined in the config... correct?

Any ideas, comments, critisism, etc.?

Again, I'm not sure how it was done... I just remember, something like this was done in the INQ weapon pack. If what was used wasn't hidden selection, I don't know what to call it, I'm rather ignorant on the subject...

Jackal362 (not sure about them numbers tounge_o.gif) Explained it to me a while back. If you take a peek on the OFrP FAMAS'es you can see that the hammer is moving. It should be possible to do the same with magazines... But it would look quite silly from an external view. Watching some rambo-kid empty his FAL on full auto, and the mag just disappearing :o

I think that the hammer moving and all is from the muzzle flash part that they use. It really doesn't move its just a texture I believe or atleast thats how I rememeber it being explained before.

Hope someone prooves me wrong though...

You cant have hidden selections.

You cant have custom animations.

You can add something to the "zasleh" selection, which will display every time the weapon is fired (like the slide or the cocking handle)

You can have a different model for each magazine type (like the Mapfact XM8's) BUT when you do that, the "loaded" model will not display a shadow.

DM, thanks for bringing some light to the subject. I figure if anyone had tried it in the past, it would have been BAS. So, it seems both of these are impossible?

But, one more question. About the silencer at the end of INQ's M4... is that just a model change when the SD mags are used?