Sign in to follow this  
Vipersheart

Who should be the enemy..

Naturally Palaestinians would be the opponent, but i guess noone would like to see that, unless you like fights a la David against Goliath.

What timeline is your mod scheduled, is it hypothetical, authentic...etc?

I disagree. We have a weapons set here that is US and Soviet based, from the 70's through the 80's.

The 1982 Peace for Galilee (Sh'lom Hagalil) War comes to mind and that would mean the Syrians and the Lebanese would be most appropriate.

Having 2 army's vehicles and uniformed troops against the IDF addon's would make for realistic mission scenarios.

"Ke'shmo, kach hoo."

gesundheit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 09 2002,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I disagree. We have a weapons set here that is US and Soviet based, from the 70's through the 80's.

The 1982 Peace for Galilee (Sh'lom Hagalil) War comes to mind and that would mean the Syrians and the Lebanese would be most appropriate.

Having 2 army's vehicles and uniformed troops against the IDF addon's would make for realistic mission scenarios.<span id='postcolor'>

That´s correct,

however among US and Russian imports Israel produced hardware like Tanks, Rifles among many other things.

For the opponent, Israel is in constant conflict with it´s homeless neighbour (palaestinians), the slightest fart and israeli tanks start rolling, that´s why i asked what timeline the Mod is based on.

As Israel doesn´t have much reputation among the islamic arab world, pretty much every scenario would be hypothetical possible in the region.

I'm with the Avon Lady. I say Syrians and the Lebanese that would fit the 1985 timeline. But if it's just going to be a whatever mod then Egypt, Palestinians, and many other groups too many to list. For realism just be sure to add a lot of saboteur missions for the opposing force and suicide bombings

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coolcarlos @ Jan. 09 2002,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Naa forget about it, lets go with Adon Lady's Idea

What does IDF stand for? Israeli Defense Force?

HELP!<span id='postcolor'>

You got it. IDF = Israeli Defense Force

Oh I see different political opinions in here - leading to very negative vibrations..

First of all I'm neutral!!! I know that there are a hell lot of prejeduces on both sites - and in the rest of the world ( greetings to puke my german friend...) wink.gif

I also think that setting it right into the intifada is wrong. I agree with Satchel about Sharons policy.. fighting single Kalaschinkows with a dozen tanks is deffinitly the best way to keep the violance running..

But stop policy here -I'm with Chuck and Avon. SYRIA is the last real BAD STATE left. Even a hypothetical campaign with Syria would be very reaistic - the syrians just started a new bio weapons program.

Should I start a poll about it??

I agree, Syria and Lebanon, maybe with Resistance forces taking position of Palestinians?

To avoid all kinds of politics-bullcrap etc. , I think the campaign should be playable from both sides. However, it depends on how you are making your campaign. If you have just started making the units, then maybe you could just talk about the battles, and no annoying character-finding-itself-journey-new-age-type-thing that would have to be totally rewritten for the other side.

Just make it fun to play with vehicles and different units. Politics is gay and should stay away from the gaming community.

We should kill each other online indiscriminantly smile.gif Every face in ur gunsights is a dead face-period smile.gif

What about using all of the mentioned enemies and make a mod based on fictional scenario in 2003

When all of them attack Israel

... I thought about that, too..

But it seems very unlikly - at least jordania would not dare to attack israel i guess and egypt is now with the americans, isn't it??

Osama Bin Laden's Army

I hear they are quite buisy and quite hard to find these days... I wouldent bother scheduleing them for any further conflicts. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  

Well Jordan and Syria or whoever might join their forces for this attack

and instead of Egypt regular army use some rebels or terrorists

Well hullo Vipersheart, fyi im not german, it just sounded like avon lady had sneezed smile.gif

If your 'mod' is gonna be set in todays timeline then i stand by what i said - for a long time now Isreal seems like her own worst enemy...

However if i had to suggest something it would be to stear well clear of involving any current regimes...you'll probably save yourself even more political hassle if you avoid doing this thing entirely smile.gif

Hmmm... well Puke, i'm now uncertain wether or not to think of you as a racist. I was on the verge of making up my mind, but the meaning of your recent post is... ambiguous. Now, as for the topic, I think the enemy should be Jordan or a neighboring nation, like the others said.

By the way, he just wants to choose an opponent to the player's group for this GAME MOD he is making. The player shall be on the Israeli military, I believe. There are no politics involved here (actually, only a trivial amount).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RAZAK @ Jan. 09 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eygpt? they fought a war before with Isreal.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep the six day war. You can read about it here http://www.idf.il/english/history/sixday.stm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Puke @ Jan. 09 2002,19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However if i had to suggest something it would be to stear well clear of involving any current regimes...you'll probably save yourself even more political hassle if you avoid doing this thing entirely smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't see how politics has anything to do with building a mod. Unless you make it an our side is good and always right Vs. that side bad and always wrong. I look at it as a very interesting add-on and would greatly enjoy playing as both IDF and opposing groups. Nobody yelled when OFP was primarily a USA Vs USSR game. I'm puzzled by how people think anything made with the middle east conflict in mind is a huge political statement but killing Russians based on the Cold War stereo type is fine.

It's a game and just a game. Nothing more nothing less. Don't let things bother you so much. If some facless person doesn't agree with you who cares. Just shake your head, knock back a couple of beers and go watch TV ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Jan. 09 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about nameless "Rebel Forces"?<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe. This could be the first political correct mod for a war game biggrin.gif "Sir the rebels are attacking, but I'm sure they have their reasons" Honestly it's a good idea.